GT4 wiper motor fix! | FerrariChat

GT4 wiper motor fix!

Discussion in '308/328' started by absostone, Aug 19, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Its been many years I haven't used the wiper motor on my GT4 probably 16 or 17yrs . I had my column switches repaired by Verell early this year. When I tried the rebuilt stalk ,the wiper did not work , so I figured id get around to it. Well this weekend I did. Surprising what I found was the problem. And Btw photos to follow . I searched for photos and found nothing, so now future torture patients will find some. Mike

thorn and Pero like this.
  2. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
  3. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
  4. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    the grease wasn't hard but there was barely any in the housing. And the grease that was left was coagulated and wouldn't even stain a rag. Next up was to un solder the Red to Blue connection and the Green to grey connection to separate the body from the gear housing. only two screws need to be removed to separate the two halves.. Btw note the mark on the gear and "cam" with the dot pointing to the screw hole with the small dot next to it

5. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
  6. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    I tapped them free and cleaned with break clean and actually sanded the two stuck brushes with some 400 paper,barely.

7. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
  8. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    #8 absostone, Aug 19, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
    My write up isn’t great but there aren’t many parts. I really wanted to post the internals/ since I didn't find any pics through search.There is a small o ring at the output shaft u should be aware of and some Mickey Mouse looking spring that holds a small metal cover around the output shaft

9. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    StuR likes this.
  10. Portofino

Portofino Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2011
    Yorkshire UK / Switzerland/ Liguria ( Italy )
    Full Name:
    Portofino
    Thx
    Nice write up .My wipers are slow so I guess that’s a winter job remove ,strip ,clean and lub it all up .

absostone likes this.
  11. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    Nice article & good diagnosis!

absostone likes this.