Mondials For Sale | Page 65 | FerrariChat

Mondials For Sale

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by 123howie, May 26, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. billh1963

billh1963 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 28, 2004
    Mid-state, South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Bill H
    I spent a lot of money getting the car sorted. Most of the work mentioned I paid for and provided receipts to the buyer when I sold the car a few years ago.

If someone has spent additional money since then I am sure it is even "better" now.

paulchua and davemqv like this.
  2. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Looks like a great car, Bill.

I'm a big advocate of treating Mondial's with the maximum of respect and spending on them accordingly, if needed. Kudos to you for taking such good care of her!

paulchua likes this.
  3. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I'm "low mileage" compared to you and Sid...only 63k and counting. ;)

paulchua likes this.
  4. gsfent

gsfent Formula 3

Nov 16, 2009
    PB County, Florida
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    42k and "holding". It is in for a major as we speak! ;)

Regards,
    Jerry

davemqv likes this.
  5. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    paulchua likes this.
  6. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    Possibly for sale..1984 one owner Cabriolet QV. Sera Blue on black with 20k miles. Any opinions on value and future? Thx

7. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    No info (details) = no money, no value. ;)

Maybe try listing it here in the ad section as a "best offer" listing and see what happens.

paulchua likes this.
  8. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    Agree with Wade. Pictures would help and so would service history, especially date and mileage of last major. (Belt change)

Blue on bliack sounds nice. I believe there were several blues. Please share.

paulchua likes this.
  9. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    2016 full service. Stock. They all came loaded. Fresh Michelin metrics too..

Focusing on a spring 2019 sale. Pics are somewhere. Not in a rush but i appreciate the kind posts

paulchua likes this.
  10. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    paulchua likes this.
  11. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
  12. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    The word is getting out guys; these cars have been undervalued too long. I think the collectors/investors are starting to notice too (the strong results on BaT). Now everyone is thinking their lo-mileage Mondi is worth the proverbial fortune (and it time to sell). That 600 mile t was an abberition I know ($81k, $86k w/ buyer’s premium), not sure others do. I’ll put the over/under at 65 on this one (and I haven’t seen the ad, the pics, the service history, etc yet). On the flip side even last year we would have all laughed at the prospect of a t cab going for above 60 (Valeo or under 1k miles examples excepted).

Temple

paulchua likes this.
  13. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    The two recent and very positive articles in Enzo and Classic Car probably are helping too! It also doesn't hurt its namesake great-grandfather sold for 5 million last week!

14. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    I'm selling a Mondial T for a friend. The car belonged to my collection until 3 years ago, it went to a friend and now he moves on to another car. It's a '92 T that has stayed in Belgium for all its life, history known, manuals and tools included. The engine has had a very major service around 2015 and the gearbox is rebuilt. It currently has about 102,000km, more info on http://redbaycars.com/carsforsale.html

Image Unavailable, Please Login

paulchua and 2cam like this.
  15. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
  16. Mechanical Dad

Mechanical Dad Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2016
    East Aurora NY
    Full Name:
    Josh
    How many of you have bought some of these cars ? I enjoy going back and looking at post 628. That's the car I bought ! It was advertised poorly as Paul indicated and being a mechanic by trade I got a great deal and now it lives the sweet life.

Sent from my SM-G930V using FerrariChat.com mobile app

17. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    However the history shakes out, was IMO a solid car to start with and plenty of room to get it cleaned up, things redone, and service up to date and still be above water ($) and have a very respectable mondial. I personally let it slip through my fingers and am regretting it

18. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    If you're a DIY, this could be a good deal and make a nice driver.
    If you get it professionally serviced, the bills can add up rather quickly and surpass the value of the car.
    I'ts worth $23,500 all day, but unfortunatley if you put $10k into it, it's still worth $23,500.

paulchua and 2cam like this.
  19. gsfent

gsfent Formula 3

Nov 16, 2009
    PB County, Florida
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I have to respectfully disagree. Even with a mechanic, $10k buys plenty of mechanical and cosmetic repairs. If you are a DIY'er, no brainer as to value.

This is a late 3.2 cab. Even if it has an issue from 25 years ago (which doesn't seem to be panning out with evidence, but after 25 years, if it looks good and drives well and is not being bought as a collector car, I wouldn't care) I think it worth low $30k's all day long when cleaned up.

Regards,
    Jerry

alexion likes this.
  20. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    Hi Jerry,

I think it was confirmed that the title was in fact marked as salvage at some point in '92. I factored that into my opinion of the car not being worth much more than it's current ask.
    I do agree it would make a great driver and if I were to get into a car like this, I wouldn't worry so much about cosmetics, but more so mechanical condition.

21. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
  22. Drewbdo

Drewbdo Karting

Apr 8, 2016
    Atlanta, Georgia
  23. Drewbdo

Drewbdo Karting

Apr 8, 2016
    Atlanta, Georgia
    I'm new to F-car world, so forgive my ignorance.

Is "Beverly Hills Car Club" known for ... "project" / basket-case / in-need-of-repair cars? I see them posting F-cars on eBay frequently.

paulchua likes this.
  24. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Every car I've seen has been like that. That said, I wouldn't automatically write them off.