sticky buttons and knobs | Page 2 | FerrariChat

sticky buttons and knobs

Discussion in '360/430' started by licht4258, Jul 4, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Another asked about that in a different thread. The issue is:

1) We don't do the R&R

2) We don't have access to every model nor the time to make all of those videos.

We are doing whatever videos / instructions that we can whenever possible :)

2. howl

howl Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2011
    Chicago/Boca
    Full Name:
    Tom
    So, fortunately, mine are pretty good for now. I am sure at some point I will need to do everything. However, only the window switches, the recirc and on switch for the hvac and the buttons for the clock/temperature are sticky. Does anyone know if on these specific parts, if I use rubbing alchohol, will the labels (in case of recirc and windows the pictures) come off too? I know these cars have issues with shrinking dash leather etc so I know at some point I will need to do an interior “refresh”. Until then, it would be nice to just address those couple of buttons. Thanks. Tom

3. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Yes, there is a chance of those symbols being erased when using alcohol on them.

4. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    The HVAC buttons and window switch buttons have clear soft touch. You have a 50-50% chance of getting the clear soft touch without damaging the base paint and graphics.

For the clock - if you are referring to the mode / set trim as shown in the attached photos, you will lose the graphics as they are pad printed on top of the coating. If you have the style (also shown) with the parking sensor button - that is black soft touch and if you clean that button you will be left with a white button and no graphics.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
  6. howl

howl Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2011
    Chicago/Boca
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Thanks Dave. Very helpful. I especially appreciate the info as I realize this is your business so helping a dyi’r may not be your best strategy. With that said (and maybe you are clever like a fox), you have convinced me the right thing to do is to wait until I am ready to take them off and send them to you. Are they easy to remove myself or is this really best done by a dealer (I am handy with tools and easy tasks, but certainly not a home mechanic). Thank you.

7. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Hi Tom - send me an email - I can provide you some more details.

dave.lelonek@**********.com