Kimi 2 more years..... | Page 9 | FerrariChat

Kimi 2 more years.....

Discussion in 'F1' started by classic308, Aug 12, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    One thing is sure, Sebastian is not happy: "I have to race three cars now, including my team-mate". Perhaps (Perhaps...) another clue that Kimi has been told that his services will no longer be required after 2018.

https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/2514/vettel-slams-ferrari-and-raikkonen-i-have-to-race-three-cars/

william likes this.
  2. Jeronimo GTO

Jeronimo GTO Formula 3

May 15, 2010
    william, 375+ and freshmeat like this.
  3. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Well, to be fair, Autosport relates his remarks rather differently (I suppose it actually comes from the same statements, but is reported differently):

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/138529/vettel-does-not-want-team-orders-on-raikkonen

Vettel had been racing Raikkonen, who had beaten him to pole, for the lead on the first lap when he made contact with Hamilton and spun. Asked if Ferrari had discussed how to handle the start, Vettel replied:
    "No, I think we are old enough and we don't need to go through the start. I'm doing my job and I'm prepared to race everybody. I was trying to use my chances in the first corner, a little bit in the second chicane, but it didn't work. Then it was a bit unfortunate with how things turned out. Everybody's free to have whatever approach they want. For us, it's pretty clear and straightforward."

Pushed further on whether he felt he was at a disadvantage because he had to fight his team-mate and Hamilton did not, Vettel retorted:
    "I don't know. Obviously I can see the points of the questions coming up. But for me it's pretty clear: I'm happy to fight three cars, I'm happy to actually fight 19 cars. I think I've never been in a different position to that. That's fine. I don't expect anything else."

Rgds

LVP488 and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  4. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Baku - bashing another competitor under a Safety Car lol - deserved a multi race ban if not more.
    Radio rant in Mexico - like a spoilt child who didnt get his ice cream
    Soundly beaten at Red Bull - runs to Ferrari. Ricci should be in his seat at Ferrari. No Vettel no loss LOL!!!!!!!!
    His habit of denying his mistakes in the face of the evidence and penalties. Very Max like. They deserve each other.
    Vettel is horribly un-impressive compared to others.

5. Phantom

Phantom Karting

Nov 11, 2006
    Woodbridge, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Charn G.
    Kimi is a class act.
    Supposedly he knows the score to be announced tomorrow and he hasn't thrown his toys out of the pram.
    Monza was one of the only races I managed to stay glued to the screen for this year and that was because of Kimi.
    If Kimi goes I expect a lot of fans will leave the sport too as there is nobody else like him on the grid.
    The drivers that kept me interested in the sport weren't always the fastest but they had more, such as charisma.
    Piquet Sr., Senna and Kimi fit that bill for me. With Kimi out there is no personality on the grid I give two ****s about.

Bas, Jeronimo GTO and G. Pepper like this.
  6. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I wouldn't describe Kimi as having much of a personality since you're saying personality will be gone once Kimi leaves. I enjoy watching his interviews because of how flat his affect is. It's hilarious to me lol. That I will miss a lot. It's a lot more entertaining seeing his lack of emotion than Lewis going on and on about the union jack flags in the crowds and doing it for the fans.

william and WPOZZZ like this.
  7. Phantom

Phantom Karting

Nov 11, 2006
    Woodbridge, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Charn G.
    I guess you could say with Kimi every word counts.
    Takes a lot of confidence to have Kimi's zero ****s given attitude.
    But he expresses more to me in his few words or grunts than Hamilton rambling on and on.

8. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Flowers from everywhere and everyone...hmmm, that is suspect; as we say in French, smells of a "first class burial" ("un enterrement de première classe").
    Although Ross Brawn compliments are nicely put.

"I don't know what Kimi's short term plans are, whether he'll stay at Ferrari, join another team or leave Formula 1 altogether. But I do think that during his interview by his former team-mate Felipe Massa [on the podium after the race], he became quite emotional watching the huge sea of fans flocking across the track to stand under the podium and chant his name. Since I returned to Formula 1 last year, I've noticed how Kimi has lightened up. It can be spotted in a host of little things, such as spending a bit more time signing autographs or smiling for cameras that in the past would usually have only elicited a scowl. This year, he is certainly driving better than at any time since he returned to Ferrari and maybe another chance [to win] will come along soon."

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/138539/hamilton-f1-will-miss-raikkonen-when-he-goes

Rgds

NEP, jgonzalesm6, william and 3 others like this.
  9. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    jgonzalesm6 and 375+ like this.
  10. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
  11. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I always like someone who is unpredictacle and embarrass the media; Kimi is just that!
    The journalists don't know how to handle him.

12. Jeronimo GTO

Jeronimo GTO Formula 3

May 15, 2010
    Damn!!

NEP likes this.
  13. DF1

The (unconfirmed) departure is no surprise. Sergio was firm in releasing Kimi. Change is good. We ask for change and anticipate that in F1. Im rather interested in seeing how this plays out.

14. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Not all change is good. Far from it, in fact.

15. DF1

We might quite happy with this and I will keep a positive focus

16. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    At least Kimi is driving well this season--better to go out on-form rather than off. Still I think that Ferrari has treated him poorly this season and last.

17. Ryan...

Ryan... Karting

Nov 9, 2012
    WI
    I hope he finds a seat at Sauber and stays in the sport, I'm not ready for him to leave yet :(

18. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    As much as I loathe MBz I'd love to see him replace Bottas there, just for spite.:D

19. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Then I'd have a reason to cheer for MB. :)

20. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    I would totally cheer for Kimi if he hopped over!!!

21. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Louise probably has veto over prospective teammates....

stavura and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  22. Ryan...

Ryan... Karting

Nov 9, 2012
    WI
    It would pain me for a moment as I do find myself cheering for Ferrari when the lights turn green, but I've been a fan of Kimi since I first stumbled across F1 over a decade ago.

If Kimi went to Mercedes I would root for him first, and the Ferrari team 2nd.

G. Pepper likes this.
  23. RallyeChris

RallyeChris Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2012
    Northport, NY
    Full Name:
    S.C.Conigliaro
    If Kimi went to Mercedes, I'd use that as an excuse to buy an AMG GT. LOL.

I will truly be sad if Kimi is out. But, if he is, I will be extremely excited to watch him race untethered for the rest of the season. And, I have faith that he would show-up on the grid in an unexpected way for 2019.

375+, BMW.SauberF1Team, Bas and 2 others like this.
  24. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

He has denied that in the past, and it's probably true.
    A driver who has reached that level (Hamilton, Vettel, KImi, Verstappen or Ricciardo) shouldn't really be afraid of comparison with any team mate.
    Only those who have a history of disprupting a team are to be avoided: Alonso.