Melbourne Podium | FerrariChat

Melbourne Podium

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by 308tr6, Mar 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 308tr6

308tr6 Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    SDakota
    Full Name:
    Rico
    OK, I'm new around here, so sorry if someone has done this already (I'm too lazy to search around). But here is my pick for P1, 2, 3 in Melbourne this weekend.

1 Fernando
    2 Kimi
    3 Michael

This is based primarily on my "who's got balls analysis" when watching my first F1 in Spain last year. I sat on the entrance to the hairpin and would gauge who would drive in the deepest, before backing off, and that is the list. I know car setups, driver preferences etc., dictate a lot of this, but it was pretty fun to watch. And if you've never sat about 100 feet from a F1 car when they decelerate from about 190 to 30 it is frickin amazing - wear earplugs!!, you will feel it in your chest. The BAR cars for some reason sounded like small bombs going off when I presume the excess fuel ignites in the exhaust. Anyway, ranting here, but I am getting excited for the season, and no one else would understand!!

2. 308tr6

308tr6 Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    SDakota
    Full Name:
    Rico
    Screwed up - actually, as I thought about it - I think Kimi smoked a stalled Jaguar on the startup and never made it to the hairpin! So my prediction is actually a bit of my lame trackside analysis and the fact that Kimi is my son's favorite driver!

3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Hi, there is actually a place on FChat, where we do these things:

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9022

Check it out and sign up for the fantasy league.

I'm going to the Spanish GP this year. I'll be sitting in the grand stands at the end of the s/f line. Any good tips you want to give me? Things to look out for?

4. 308tr6

308tr6 Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    SDakota
    Full Name:
    Rico
    Nothing you probably wouldn't think of anyway, but a few comments anyway. For me it was my first F1 race, and I had no idea how LOUD it was - very cool, but definitely bring earplugs. Also the Catalunya track is a pretty fair hike from the train station if that is how you are arriving (not a big deal, but maybe 20 minute walk). Like any major event, give yourself plenty of time coming and going - there is a lot of people attending. Also, last year it was probably close to 80 degrees and very sunny, so sunscreen is definitely in order. All in all, pretty well run event, and with Fernando up and coming last year, the Spaniards were pretty stoked!! I had tickets in the Pelouse - so I could wander around various spots on the track, which I liked, but you should have a great time on the starting area. Enjoy!!

5. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Thanks, that sounds about like what I expected. Will be my 14th GP. I agree with the ear plugs. Will arrive by bus and probably wear light blue and yellow, just to be on the safe side. Besides: Have to cheer on my boy Fernando.
    :)
    First turn should be interesting. As always.

6. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    1.Montoya; 2.Ralph Schumacher; and 3. Kima R.

7. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I picked the same three, but slightly different order.

8. vince308

vince308 Formula 3

May 23, 2003
    belgium
    Full Name:
    vincent

some real Ferrari fans on Ferrari chat....

No Ferrari driver in top 3 ??????????????, amazing, you must be a FAN..

9. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Frank is a fan and he likes to stir things up.
    :)

Obviously I'm a big fan too, but that's neither here nor there. We're trying to make a prediction here, not just blindly cheer. Would I want them to win? Absolutely. Do I think they got the package together right now? Nope. But hey, I'll be the first one to be happy if I was wrong.

10. Apex

Apex Rookie

Dec 1, 2003
    1. Ralf the moth
    2. Kimi
    3. JPM the ADHD poster child

Rubens will hit some one at the start and begin the season long dream of greatness, once again.

The bridgestones will honor the latter part of their name sake and Minardi will be styling at their usual grid position.