Carbon Revolution (488Pista CF wheel mfg) wheel test vs AL wheel | FerrariChat

Carbon Revolution (488Pista CF wheel mfg) wheel test vs AL wheel

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by stuntman, Sep 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stuntman

stuntman Karting

May 23, 2005
    West Palm, FL
    Hey guys,

Do you own a GT350R or 488 Pista with Carbon Revolution's Carbon Fiber wheels?

Do you own any car that you're looking to buy new wheels for?

After a year in the making, setting up this test, conducting the best back-to-back test of Carbon Fiber wheels vs. Aluminum to date, and writing the article, this review and comparison test is now ready.

You'll learn how important STIFFNESS plays in ALL wheels, and the effects of reduced unsprung weight, rotational inertia, NVH, strength (which is different from stiffness) has on ALL wheels. You'll also learn that carbon fiber wheels are a game-changer, forged & cast wheels have the same stiffness, and lighter is not always better when choosing a set of wheels.

https://motoiq.com/tested-carbon-revolution-carbon-fiber-wheels/

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Enjoy!

2. m3the01

m3the01 Rookie

Aug 5, 2009
    Hampton, NH
    Nice read... Feels like marketing,

Would need more critical testing,

3. stuntman

stuntman Karting

May 23, 2005
    West Palm, FL
    What more could you ask for than the structured back-to-back test that was conducted?

4. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Myself? I'd prefer to scroll through one REALLY long page, rather than click through 10 pages.

Also? I'd like to see head to head NDT and destructive testing of both wheels.

But? Yeah, I thought it was very interesting.

5. stuntman

stuntman Karting

May 23, 2005
    West Palm, FL
    At least there's a table of contents.

Unfortunately finding the yield point is a very expensive and destructive test. Heck, simply measuring the stiffness of a wheel can also turn into a destructive test due to the unknown strength of a wheel.

6. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Some riding of the outside curbing,
    An off track excursion at speed,
    A video to show the car was driven along the same lines in each corner entry, apex and exit.

7. stuntman

stuntman Karting

May 23, 2005
    West Palm, FL
  8. stuntman

stuntman Karting

May 23, 2005
    West Palm, FL
    Don't have time to read? -Listen in where I join The Exotic Car Hour podcast to discuss the technical aspects from the MotoIQ article on the importance stiffness plays on ALL wheels, clarify some misconceptions of carbon fiber, and talk about my involvement helping to develop some of Ford's greatest cars like the Ford GT and the GT350/R Mustang:

https://anchor.fm/The_exotic_car_hour