Quattroporte III catch-all thread | Page 64 | FerrariChat

Quattroporte III catch-all thread

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Quattroporte3, Jun 27, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. S_AGATA

S_AGATA Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2016
    Mill Valley CA
    Full Name:
    Jon/Sean Sohaei
    I have nothing to offer as far as history, but that second example looks beautiful!

Meanwhile, I couldn't help chuckling at this photo :D

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. ciscoauto

ciscoauto Karting

Jan 1, 2016
    Germany, Bavaria
    Full Name:
    Francois
    Nice work Mexico !
    Back on the thread, my QPIII runs quite well, no cooling Problem any more, hoses replaced, no leak of oil or water, a real joy.

Still some old parts needs replacement, it would be better if oil pressure and temperature would work for example... Sensors seems to be dead.
    As usual part sourcing is not simple, contacted Campana but no answer per mail or on the phone. The one that my mechanics ordered in Germany were not right.
    So I'm not sure how to get those sensors, do you know an equivalent ? Somethings that fits?

Francois (located in Bavaria)

3. Mexico074

Mexico074 Formula 3

Aug 14, 2008
    Harriman, TN USA
    Full Name:
    Michael Demyanovich
    Hello Ciscoauto…

So the parts you need are 433.04.33.00 and 420.04.28.00 as shown on Table 6, items 11 and 12, correct?
    Have you tested them to ensure it is the senders vs. the gauges? Have you checked with MIE and Candini?

Mike

4. Mexico074

Mexico074 Formula 3

Aug 14, 2008
    Harriman, TN USA
    Full Name:
    Michael Demyanovich
    Hello again Ciscoauto…

I just did some checking and it appears the oil temperature sending switch 420.04.28.00 is the same as the water
    temperature sending switch. According the parts manual, table 9 - item 61 and table 6 - temp 12, are the same.
    I think MIE might have this switch. Check with them to confirm it is the same item and ask them about the oil
    pressure sending switch.

Hope this helps...

Mike

5. ciscoauto

ciscoauto Karting

Jan 1, 2016
    Germany, Bavaria
    Full Name:
    Francois
    Thanks a lot you Mike !
    A friend indicated me 330.89.91.00 and 330.89.82.00.
    I need to look at that quietly with my mechanics which is what , thanks a lot for the descriptions !
    I forgot for MIE ! Thanks for the tip !

6. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    Hello, everyone.

I am new to the Maserati forum, although have been at 365 GT4 2+2/400/412 F-Chat Forum for several years documenting the story of how I quasi-restored my 400i since purchasing it in 2013.

I purchased my '85 Quattroporte III the following year, in 2014, but it is finally going to get restored to drivable condition within the next few months. My friend, who is an engineer/paint man/mechanic man/and a jack of all other trades - Michel - is currently doing some work in the rear parcel shelf. I have seen other QP III's with rear window shades, although cannot imagine them being offered for sale after 30+ years of use. Anyone here install one from another manufacturer who can share their results/pics/advice? I want to protect the car's interior while also making it cooler when parked outside.

Thanks in advance!

7. Anthony bentley

Anthony bentley Formula Junior

May 20, 2006
    London
    Full Name:
    Anthony Bentley
    I have 2 broken cogs in my rear window motors. Any ideas where I might get some?

8. bski7908

bski7908 Karting

Oct 14, 2015
    Charlotte NC
    Full Name:
    MBS
    Good morning everyone. I just dropped my QP off with the fab shop yesterday to start the rust repair. Can anyone out there share a diagram/ photos/ info about the area around the firewall/ cowling? I anticipate pulling both front fenders but I would like to know what's hiding back there before we start cutting.

I am also looking for the sheet metal in front of the firewall and the inner fender splash panels. I'm in NC but I would be willing to pick up around the southeast. Thanks all.

9. bski7908

bski7908 Karting

Oct 14, 2015
    Charlotte NC
    Full Name:
    MBS
    I think MIE still makes brass cogs for the regulator motors.

10. Quattroporte3

Quattroporte3 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2010
    Pulling anything may be difficult as the panels are all joined and filled.

Common rust spots are under the A pillar (behind the front wheels) as well as under the door. Also check around the windows and the area behind the rear wheels as well where the trunk, wheel well and underside of the car all come together.

If you have a look at my blog (Quattroporte.wordpress.com) you can see pics from the stripping and welding that was done on my car a few years ago.

When you see the steel used, you’ll understand why these cars are so heavy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. bski7908

bski7908 Karting

Oct 14, 2015
    Charlotte NC
    Full Name:
    MBS
    Yes I have your blog posts saved in my favorites, thank you. Mine certainly has rust in those areas and I'm also searching for information about the sunroofs. I have never tried to open mine.

12. bski7908

bski7908 Karting

Oct 14, 2015
    Charlotte NC
    Full Name:
    MBS
    Good morning guys, is there a manual override for moving the seats? Mine have no power at the motors and I see green corrosion inside the multi plugs.

13. kyakham

kyakham Rookie

Jun 16, 2010
    Hallo,
    Ich besitze eine QP III, 1981, 5-Gang.
    Jetzt habe ich folgendes Problem.
    Der Kofferraum kann nicht mehr geöffnet werden.
    Könnte mir jemand einen Hinweis geben?
    Danke für Ihre Hilfe.

Beste Grüße aus der Schweiz
    Gusti
    (Entschuldige mein Englisch)

F456M likes this.
  14. kyakham

kyakham Rookie

Jun 16, 2010
    Hello,
    (here in English)
    I own a QP III, 1981, 5-speed.
    Now I have the following problem.
    The trunk can not be opened anymore.
    Could someone give me a hint?
    Thank you for your help.

Best greetings from Switzerland
    Gusti
    (Excuse my english)

15. Quattroporte3

Quattroporte3 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2010
    Hi Gusti,

First, download the user & service manuals from Ivan Ruiz’s website (thecarnut).

To open the trunk manually, remove the rear license plate. There’s a hole there where you can insert a screwdriver or similar tool to manually unlatch and open the trunk.

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers,
    QP3

16. Quattroporte3

Quattroporte3 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2010
    Oh, and lucky you to find a manual transmission version!

They are quite rare.

17. alfieri107

alfieri107 Karting

Dec 4, 2011
    Hi Gusti, I had the same car, same colour, also 5 speed. Does it have a "Riccione 1986" badge at the rear? Then it would be the same car. Hallo Gusti, den genau gleichen hatte ich auch mal, gleiche Farbe, auch 5-Gang. Hat er eine Plakette vom Maserati Treffen in Riccione 1986 am Kofferraum? Grüsse Alfieri107

18. Mexico074

Mexico074 Formula 3

Aug 14, 2008
    Harriman, TN USA
    Full Name:
    Michael Demyanovich
    Hello Gusti…

Beautiful car! (Sehr schoenes Auto !!!)… Let us know if you were able to get into the trunk (Kofferraum)!

Mike

19. kyakham

kyakham Rookie

Jun 16, 2010

Hello QP III

thanks for the tip, worked great.
    Now we can look for the mistake.
    I downloaded the books.

Best regards
    Gusti

Quattroporte3 likes this.
  20. kyakham

kyakham Rookie

Jun 16, 2010
    Hello Alfieri107
    the car no longer has glue, but the number is 1040.
    If it is the same, maybe you still have documents
    to the history of the QP III?

regards
    Gusti

21. alfieri107

alfieri107 Karting

Dec 4, 2011
    Hi Gusti, I don't remember the number. I bought it in ca. 1998 and sold it around 2005. It was at one time for sale at Bahman cars. I'm trying to find photos.I think I even might have some bills, I remember paying 18 000 CHF for an engine overhaul, just after I bought it ( I bought it with a broken valve which I thought could have been easily fixed. It turned out it had another problem as well)

22. ciscoauto

ciscoauto Karting

Jan 1, 2016
    Germany, Bavaria
    Full Name:
    Francois
    -1st : Thank you Mexico for your help I have received my parts !

-A simple question: can man Change the head gasket without getting the engine out?
    Engine works well, compressions and CO2 are OK, no white or blue smoke, I'm having a good time with it. But yesterday it smelled like gasoline in the coolant expansion tank, hope it's not too bad.

-Servuss Kyakham sehr schönes Auto, ich habe auch eine 5 gang (meins ist Nr 122 von 1979 ), ich mag auch diese Version mit die Euro Stoßfanger,
    Schau mal von Knopf in der mittige Glovebox und folge die elektrische Verbindung von dem.

Andere Link der wichtig zu schauen ist bei Campana, die Ivan (thecarnnut) Dokumenten + Campana, da können wir schon glücklich sein das es gibt es zu Verfügung.
    https://www.campanaonorio.it/en-gb/spare-parts-catalogue-body-shop

23. Mexico074

Mexico074 Formula 3

Aug 14, 2008
    Harriman, TN USA
    Full Name:
    Michael Demyanovich
    Hello ciscoauto…

Vielen Dank for the link to Campana... Ich habe nicht gewusst that Campana had the catalogs on-line, plus a request form!

Mike

24. ciscoauto

ciscoauto Karting

Jan 1, 2016
    Germany, Bavaria
    Full Name:
    Francois
    Hi Mike,

yes these documents are nice, just for your information, I finally got it from Candini with a mail and a phone call. Fast shipping, good guys.
    in the mail put the numbers and copied the image in the Campana document and surround on paint what I needed.
    We'll test the parts next week.
    Whether you choose Candini or Campana, it's always better to have a phone call, italians mainly prefer telephone :) .

François

25. bski7908

bski7908 Karting

Oct 14, 2015
    Charlotte NC
    Full Name:
    MBS
    Carpets and acoustic insulation removed, looks like we got there just in time as there were no holes. Dry ice made scraping up adhesive residue much easier.

MrMark likes this.