430 manettino switch - 6 Speed manual car feedback | FerrariChat

430 manettino switch - 6 Speed manual car feedback

Discussion in '360/430' started by TheDiffuser, Sep 9, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheDiffuser

TheDiffuser Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2017
    Full Name:
    The Diffuser
    Just wondering form anyone who has knowledge or exerience on the 430 6 speed manula gearbox car - What are the main differences, apart from no Launch Control feature - between the F1 and 6 speed gearbox?

Ive searched the forums and online and havent found any specific answers on this.

For example, I assume that in the 6 speed manual, that putting the car in Race mode, for instance, will change the suspension and ECU response?

Does anyone have a list of the differences, if any.

Many thanks.

2. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    There is additional data gathered from the F1 system that feeds into the overall TC/ESP strategy, but the logic is basically the same. The F1 related integrations fit with for example, E-Diff and TC mapping for the gear change process.

In the real world will not feel that much different on the road. I certainly didn't.

3. TheDiffuser

Nov 11, 2017
    Full Name:
    The Diffuser
    Ok thanks for your feedback. Have you driven the F1 and the 6 speed 430? Are my basic thoughts above, the reality eg no LC and different computer - F1 gearbox changes, but thats it?
    Any other 6 speed thoughts you could share if you have driven one (I drove the 6 sped recently, great great car due to its driver involvement).
    Thanks.

4. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    6-speed manual here. Subtle suspension differences, hardly noticeable. Main thing is changes to traction control and stability control. In other words how loose you can get before the nannies try to reign you back in. Though I only push my car on days when the road is hot and the tires are hot and I haven't had it break loose yet to see what actually happens.

5. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I've owned manual, early F1, and late F1.

The actual gearbox is the same. It's really the F1 system hardware: electronic and hydraulic, and some tweaks to the drive systems (Manettino).

What exactly are you seeking to understand ?

6. TheDiffuser

Nov 11, 2017
    Full Name:
    The Diffuser
    I've got a double clutch car. Having now driven the 6 speed 430 I'm trying to understand what differences exactly there are, for the different manettino switch settings.
    That seems to have been answered as per the above. It's basically no LC on the manual and all other systems are the same re stability, throttle response etc.
    One final thing - the F dealer told me most people should drive the 439 in Sport mode, that it's 'better' for the car. As more of a beginner with these cars, I want to leave it in Slippery mode. Better traction and control for a noob!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Sport is a sensible choice for road use until you are used to the car. Low grip mode is very intrusive and the late exhaust valve opening really stifles performance.

Sport is better to start with.

TheDiffuser likes this.
  8. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I've had an '05 3 pedal since new. I use sport most of the time. Race mode stiffens the suspension significantly and will allow the car to get significantly more sideways before intervening. On a race track, I notice a lot less nose dive under braking in race vs sport as well. Wet mode brings the nannies in pretty quick.

TheDiffuser likes this.