Smoking Tire - My 360 Challenge Stradale built car video now live | FerrariChat

Smoking Tire - My 360 Challenge Stradale built car video now live

Discussion in '360/430' started by spiderscott, Sep 12, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spiderscott

spiderscott Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2004
    Ratarossa HQ UK
    Full Name:
    Ratarossa

Had fun shooting this video with Matt from The Smoking Tire. Pretty scary though as the car was all over the place with a severe rear alignment issue after previously hitting a curb :D:D:D

2. timwu12

timwu12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    TX
    awesome video and what an awesome CS conversion!

spiderscott likes this.
  3. rob73

rob73 Rookie

Apr 29, 2015
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    Bert
    Great video! Job well done!

spiderscott likes this.
  4. Mickster

Mickster Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2015
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Mikael Andersson
    Thanks’ for that Scott! Great vid/review.

spiderscott likes this.
  5. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Excellent!
    Love being able to put a face on the ratarossa man himself!
    What a great work u have been doing on that so far too!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spiderscott likes this.
  6. Carper

Carper Karting

Aug 13, 2017
    Suffolk, UK
    Oh yes. Loved the video but your face when Matt overtook 3 or 4 cars in one pass could not hide your concerns lol

spiderscott likes this.
  7. ihavearedferrari

ihavearedferrari F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2007
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Hope you fixed up the rear end issue!

spiderscott likes this.
  8. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Great vid and car. THAT is commitment!

spiderscott likes this.
  9. spiderscott

spiderscott Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2004
    Ratarossa HQ UK
    Full Name:
    Ratarossa
    Been doing it the last couple of days, new rear wheel bearing as it was super shot to pieces !! subsequently I also had to change a drive shaft as while removing the 36mm nut to take the hub off the thread sheered and no choice but to replace the complete shaft.

10. spiderscott

spiderscott Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2004
    Ratarossa HQ UK
    Full Name:
    Ratarossa
    Ha ha ha so true, normally I wouldn't be at all concerned Matt is a great driver and the Stradale is normally solid as a rock. But at that moment Matt had just jumped into the drivers seat and we started filming. 15 mins earlier I had been hammering the car for the drive by shots and to record the luscious exhaust noise while Matt filmed them from the side of the road and the car was proper SCARY when coming off the throttle at speed, the rear end would squirrel around badly, so at the point when he did the overtaking he was blissfully unaware just how bad it was, hence the nervous look on my face :D:D:D

Matt flew over to the film the Ratarossa, the Stradale was a bonus film and as you can tell the car was not quite ready to drive hard. Still it was great fun and made for from some interesting footage.

p.s The Ratarossa film will have some similar some good bits to.

11. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    Hey spiderscott enjoyed the video thanks for sharing with us . Did you replace any of your wire or looms harnesses for your conversion hope you don't mind me asking ? I know there is seven looms harness that are different for CS CAR. ASR ABS harness, pedal harness ,RH F1 harness loom ,front harness looms under front compartment, upper dash , center console harness, I replaced the whole lot new was very lucky to find them new in the boxes prices where very reasonable. I just did not want any soldering done on my CS conversion. I also found all Ferrari Genuine parts most of witch where new bumpers side skirts and so on. I really want to think you again for your posts on your CS conversion !! If you get a few minutes I would like FOR you to pm me, would like to ask you a couple of questions thanks Randy PS Scott just wanted to show you all the fastens and claps and rubber pieces where replace on my CS conversions
    Image Unavailable, Please Login