NFL 2018 | Page 20 | FerrariChat

NFL 2018

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tomc, Feb 8, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    You have an excellent point there. It is common knowledge that Roger loves Belichick and Brady and does everything he can to favor them. :rolleyes: I do agree by last year's rules it wasn't a catch, but by the new rules this year, there was no way it could be overturned on replay.

BTW, the Jets players said they knew every play the Lions were going to run before the snap. How did they know that? Did they tape Lions practices, did they intercept their transmissions, did they have a mole in the Lions organization? Enquiring minds want to know.

2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    The talent around him has too. Same story for Dak. There are only a handful of quarterbacks who can get it done with random guys pulled off the streets...T

3. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Roger wasn't on the field officiating.

4. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Actually, it was stated that yes it would have been overturned. There were a couple of angles proved that.

TexasF355F1 likes this.
  5. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    They were watching the Lions' sidelines, not video taping them like the Cheatriots do ;)

6. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    He has not been the same since his injury......

7. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Actually it would not have been overturned. The new interpretation of the replay rule heavily favors staying with the call on the field.

The Julio Jones catch on Thursday night was a perfect example. Who would argue that this wasn't a catch, but they wouldn't reverse the call.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2794619-julio-jones-bobbling-attempt-on-matt-ryan-deep-ball-ruled-no-catch-by-referees

8. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    You're the first and only to think that would have been upheld.

9. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Yea, I haven't heard anyone say that.

Lotaz likes this.
  10. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Let's Go Jags. Let's Go Lions. Goodnight Bucs

11. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Yes Go Lions!

12. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    #487 Nospinzone, Sep 12, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
    Oh yeah! Well just see what Gronk had to say and he was the closest to the ball. :D

“Yeah, when I was running up the seam I had two guys on me and when I saw the ball in the air I literally thought first thing, “What is Tom thinking?” Gronkowski said after the game, via Pro Football Talk. “When that ball was in the air I had a guy grabbing me and I was just like, “I’ve just got to go for it.” I can’t let them make a play on it, so just went up for it, made the catch. I did make the catch. I don’t know how. When I went to the ground I had it stable in my hand, so it was definitely a catch, but Tom went up to the line really quick just to make sure. We got the play off, which was nice.”

Seriously though, look at the 3rd video on SBNation.
    https://www.sbnation.com/2018/9/9/17838278/rob-gronkowski-catch-no-catch-tom-brady-patriots-texans-nfl

He has both hands on the ball throughout the catch. It does touch the ground, but both hands are firmly around the ball. I know many people believe it was a catch, but then they're as biased like me for the Pats as the haters are against them.

And BTW, Bill O'Brien after reviewing the film said he thinks it was a catch.

13. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Of course he said that - he's simply trying to save face (or justify his decision not to call a TO so they could review) after his inexcusable decision. Coaches are supposed to make decisions to help win. Thats what they get paid for.

Btw;

I have always been against instant replay. It seems that it causes more controversy that than it does eliminating it. I'm old school and loved the days when the game was played without the interruption/delays. Human error is part of the game, let the referees call the game and if it's the wrong call so be it. Even with replay they can't get it right so get rid of it altogether

14. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Looks like
    Patrcia took one of the besr qbs in the NFL and he looks like one of the worst qbs. In fact, it looks like Patsy took a playoff contender last year and made them an also ran. Word is the players don’t like him and he doesn’t know what he is doing.

Bellychick doesn’t produce great coaches.

Romeo Crennel 28-55
    Eric Mangini 33-47
    Josh McDaniels 11-17
    Bill O’Brien 31-34
    Nick Saban 15-17
    Jim Schwartz 29-51

Looks like Patsy is going to be a big millstone around the neck of the
    Lions. I feel sorry for Stafford...and Lions fans.

15. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    He may not be recovered from his injury. Maybe gun shy yet.

But the way OAK came out the second half showed me that the LAR coach outcoached Gruden and he was Gruden’s protege. Gruden hasn’t coached in 10 years and it shows.

And players noticed that Gruden blamed Mack for leaving the team for Chicago. After Mack super performance looks like Gruden made a huge mistake not paying Mack the money.

Looks like Gruden will make OAK the fourth best team in the AFC West saving DEN from that embarrassment.

16. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I saw that headline, but didn't read the story. I assumed Patricia used some New England plays, but slightly different results when Matt Stafford runs them versus The GOAT?!?

T

17. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Hallelujah, preach that gospel Brother Ace!
    T

18. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Lions = Patsies?!? Good one Phil.
    T
    P.s. Sorry Lotaz!

19. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Bill isn't paid to produce head coaches, he's paid to win Super Bowls. It's nowhere in his job description, and as he likes to say, "just do your job." :)

20. mkultra

mkultra Formula 3

Nov 3, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    MK Ultra
    Oh here we go again, anytime the Patriots run a smart scheme, it’s considered cheating. Yet when the other teams do the same, it’s fair play, within the rules, etc.

21. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I hold my head up high no matter what is said about my beloved Lions. In fact yesterday I wore my Lion gear all day to show my support.
    I don't think things are near as bad as the one game dictated. There are always non believers but few true fans.

Go Lions!

22. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Good for you. Today I heard a caller on the NFL XM station say his father was giving p his season tickets and getting rid of his gear.

There's a fair amount of talk about the Lions here on the Boston sports talk stations due to the Matt Patricia connection. They say some Detroit reporters are saying that the veterans are complaining about the work Patricia makes them do. They haven't finished first in their division for 25 years and the few years they make a wild card berth they are one and done. Oh yea, they already have winning disposition. The fans of Detroit should support Patricia. Some wholesale personnel changes are in order. Too late for this year though, unfortunately.

23. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Sadly no GMs seem understand that, nor see the pattern history that NE assistants end up being horrendous as HCs

24. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Didn’t think of that angle. My first wife was Patricia and her nickname was Patsy. Believe me, she was no patsy.

So Patricia = Patsy. Hear he might not make it through the season!

I think SF will beat DET at SF this week.

25. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Exactly!
    T