Convertible top canvas for a F430 spyder ? | FerrariChat

Convertible top canvas for a F430 spyder ?

Discussion in '360/430' started by neil e dale, Sep 13, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. neil e dale

neil e dale Formula Junior
    BANNED

Aug 27, 2018
    Tucson AZ
    Full Name:
    neil e dale
    We have read many lurid tales of horribly expensive prices for a Ferrari top !. Many of the F430 I have seen for sale seem to need a new canvas portion and there are, it seems,still many who can stitch up, fabricate a new one regardless of the brand of car! EG the OEM top for my rare 02' Saab is now NLA but it turns out they were made in the USA anyway ! and that company can still supply and for a considerably lower price than an official factory source! I am paying the local upholstery shop who does convertible top installation twice the normal rate to mentor teach, apprentice me how to R&R the Saab top so I will add that to my mechanical skills repertoire! Does anyone know who makes, sells Ferrari top canvas? aftermarket? regards, Neil

2. aleary360

aleary360 Karting

Nov 23, 2015
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Al Leary
    Neil,
    I just replaced my top also about a month ago on my 430. Bought a new top for $1800 and $1000 to install. They've done many 430 before so I was confident.
    They also can ship the top for you. Believe it or not the name of the place is called Rich and Famous in Van Nuys , CA.
    Hope this helps
    Also you might end up repairing your liner also causing the top not to fold
    Al

whatheheck and neil e dale like this.
  3. kingrooz

kingrooz Rookie

Feb 22, 2017
    California
    Full Name:
    Sasha
    there are few different companies that you can buy tops from:

1. Topsline
    https://www.topsonline.com/model/Convertible_Tops_And_Accessories/Ferrari/2001_thru_2009_Ferrari_360_Spider,_360F_Spider_And_F430_Spider.html

2. Convertibleguys
    https://www.convertibletopguys.com/convertible/2050/2001-2009-Ferrari-F430-360-Spider

3. Cabrioworld
    https://www.cabrioworld.com/secure/detail.asp?pID=491&modelID=1434

I think they all use twillfast american fabric. Topsline is the cheapest $1699.

Al, do you know which company the shop used for your top?

neil e dale likes this.
  4. aleary360

aleary360 Karting

Nov 23, 2015
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Al Leary
    None of the above. It's called Rich and Famous in Van Nuys, CA. They did an excellent job and the top looks like the OEM

whatheheck and neil e dale like this.
  5. yronZFF

yronZFF Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 21, 2009
    FIVE-O
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Does the back window on the aftermarket tops look like OEM as far as how it’s tied into the canvas? How’s the fit on these tops?

Thanks for finding these companies.

neil e dale likes this.
  6. neil e dale

neil e dale Formula Junior
    BANNED

Aug 27, 2018
    Tucson AZ
    Full Name:
    neil e dale
    Yes I appreciate the info too ! thank you !......................... Have wondered why someone hasn't found a way to fit a glass window ! ?? maybe hinge it in the middle ? the plastic worries me ! they don't do well in the desert ! would require regular replacement, I fear!