Any Ferrari happenings at Monterey Car Week this year? | FerrariChat

Any Ferrari happenings at Monterey Car Week this year?

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by bmw_e30, Jul 24, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bmw_e30

bmw_e30 Karting

Sep 25, 2016
    Los Angeles, CA
    Will be there from wed-mon and in the past few years Ferrari would rent out a Shell gas station in the Carmel Highlands except last year when they setup at Pebble Beach a little Ferrari village.

I was wondering what is happening this year?

2. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    They are not doing the gas station. It sounds like it may be where it was last year

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

3. bmw_e30

bmw_e30 Karting

Sep 25, 2016
    Los Angeles, CA
    Do you know if that is confirmed? Ferrari is terrible at communicated what they are doing for monterey car week....

4. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    always concourse italiano

5. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Ferrari NA has nothing to do with Concorso

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

6. srslusso

srslusso Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2005
    Encino,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Steve S.
    House on the left side of first hole of PebbleBeach. Check with your Ferrari Dealer for VIP invitation. I think they are featuring Classiche Certified Ferrari Spyders only on display.

7. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I just put in a request to my dealer that services my car. See if I get an invite

8. bmw_e30

bmw_e30 Karting

Sep 25, 2016
    Los Angeles, CA
    let us know how the request goes

i'm going to call a contact at a dealer and see what they know

9. FerMaz

FerMaz Formula Junior

Feb 11, 2007
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mel
    If you want to go to Casa Ferrari this year you have to put in a request for a ticket from a dealer. The ticket cost $950.00 per person and admits you to casa Ferrari hospitality and Pebble Beach. What a rip off . Its not like it was on Hiway 1 anymore.

10. FerMaz

FerMaz Formula Junior

Feb 11, 2007
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mel
    If you want something really neat to do consider going to the Golden Bough Theater on Thursday night. Its right off of ocean Blvd. They have a musical called Million Dollar Quartet where singers imitating Johnny Cash, Elvis Presley and Jerry Lee Lewis meet up and well the rest is history. The music is supposed to be fabulous. Also Thursday for seniors is two for one. Nice way to spend some time that gets you away from the cars for a while.

AClark likes this.
  11. bmw_e30

bmw_e30 Karting

Sep 25, 2016
    Los Angeles, CA
    ya i talked to a dealer that said they have invites only

"for clients that have purchased multiple Ferrari from the dealer only"

"i said i own 4 ferrari's all bought private party so you can't get me an invite?"

"no invites for people that buy outside of the ferrari dealer network"

this is the reason porsche is the last true sports car company

Texas Forever likes this.
  12. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    You have to be kidding?! Anyone with more than one Ferrari is definitely a potential service customer. How asinine!

This year I am doing Monterey as cheaply as I can, which means blowing off Pebble and Concorso. As for the Quail and Jet Hangar events, yeah, right. My largest single expense will be a 2-day ticket to Laguna Seca. There are so many events that do not cost you big bucks and I am going to try to fill 4 days with them. Even then, I expect this will be a $3K weekend - pretty costly, but worth it.

13. bmw_e30

bmw_e30 Karting

Sep 25, 2016
    Los Angeles, CA
    i've done car week like that too where we didn't do all the expensive stuff but still had a blast going to the low cost shows like the excellent free porsche or bmw/mercedes concourses and the races at ls and the auctions. this year rm on saturday night is the place to be to see that early series 1 gto sell

https://legendsoftheautobahn.org/
    http://werksreunion.com/monterey.cfm
    https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/MO18/Monterey/lots/r0117-1962-ferrari-250-gto-by-scaglietti/695912

for me its the opposite this year as i have my 71 2002 in quail this year so i've been busy prepping for it and all of it has been costly

Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I attended Casa Ferrari last year and will be going again this year. It isn't cheap but I was very happy with the experience and thought it was totally worth it. They set-up in a country club environment along the first fairway at Pebble Beach for two and a half days with very high end meals and open bar included each day. It is attended by top Ferrari clients and senior executives from the factory. Last year they featured Classiche Certified cars from the entire 70 year history of Ferrari along the first fairway. This year they will feature Classiche Certified open top cars. The car displays on the first fairway are open to the public.

15. RWP137

RWP137 Formula 3

Apr 29, 2013
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Rick
    This is the reason the brand has turned so many enthusiast owners off. They cater to the flippers who buy 3 cars to get one they can flip and make money on. You think you’d want people there who actually love the brand and the history.

16. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I understand your sentiments but I’m not sure what the alternative is. What should they have done? They are a business and the private event is geared towards their buying clientele. Seems perfectly reasonable to me. It’s also worth mentioning, they only thing that was private was the hospitality area. The spider car display was open to the public. Also, most everyone I met at the event are multiple Ferrari owners (some own substantial collections), not flippers.

17. RWP137

RWP137 Formula 3

Apr 29, 2013
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I don’t really disagree with you, however there are plenty of alternatives. I feel they’ve lost a lot of business to Mclaren, Lamborghini, Porsche etc. I understand a limited event for your best customers and don’t have a problem with that. I think forcing people to buy several new cars they don’t want just to get the “special” car so they can flip is a strange practice. I can’t help but feel many people going to that event don’t have a passion for the cars like many secondary market owners do.

Monteman likes this.
  18. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

Well, I can’t argue with you there. The forced purchase angle is really awful. I’m not excusing it, but unlike their competitors, they can get away with believe. Believe me, I know first hand and I’m not proud to admit it. As for the attendees of the event, I do think you’re wrong. By in large, the vast majority of those I met are very passionate. Many own some of the most significant cars in the world.

19. RWP137

RWP137 Formula 3

Apr 29, 2013
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Thats good to hear and I’m happy to be wrong. Maybe I’m just bitter that I’m on my 3rd Ferrari and not even close to being in the club. :D

20. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

For what it’s worth, what you missed was spending $950. I admit the food was amazing and we did get to see the unveiling of the Pista Spider, but the best part was just talking with some of the others there. I really don’t think you missed much. The cars were there for everyone to see.

JimEakin likes this.
  21. Monteman

Monteman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 9, 2006
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Monte
    I've had three friends that have moved to McLaren's and have zero intent to go back. It was 100% driven by how they were treated by Ferrari. I have to admit, I've seen how McLaren treats them and I suspect I will have a McLaren in the garage at some point going forward too. The thing that pushed me over the edge was the new policy around factory visits. I love the Ferrari legacy and the F1 team so I'll never stop loving the brand but I'm also not willing to "play the game" with the new cars.