Vancouver - September 16th | FerrariChat

Vancouver - September 16th

Discussion in 'Canada' started by rob lay, Jul 24, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I will be staying in Vancouver September 16th arriving late from the outback of the far North - British Columbia. Staying Blue Horizon Hotel where I believe called West End? After over 2 weeks in mountains I will probably want to go out for some civilization and drinks. It will probably be 8-9pm before I can get out. Let me know if anyone interested in meeting up.

you'll recognize me then...

Image Unavailable, Please Login

SpyderGT likes this.
  2. SpyderGT

SpyderGT Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I, for one, would like to meet up for drinks and car talk with the founder of FerrariChat while you're in Vancouver, but I'll be in in your part of the world (well, not DFW but Austin, San Antonio and the Hill Country) while you're here in Vancouver. Yes, the Blue Horizon is in the West End. Lots of bars and eateries in the west end or within walking distance to other areas, e.g., Yaletown where I make my home. If you're energetic, it's walkable to FMoV, Vancouver Lambo, and a number of dealers on exotic / special interest cars, on and just off Burrard St bear teh south end of the Burrard Bridge. If you don't feel like walking, over the bridge you can catch one of the Aquabus or False Creek Ferries to Granvillle Island and walk up from there. Hope you enjoy you're stay and meet some of the local F-Chatters. Hope you enjoy our city and province. Jon

rob lay likes this.
  3. tjacoby

tjacoby F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Full Name:
    tj
    Hey Rob - I'd be up for drinks.

irony: I'd caught up with a friend while in Dallas last year, who'd started Audiworld.

Tom.

rob lay likes this.
  4. max930

max930 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Id be up for drinks. But its my mothers birthday and have plans on that date.

5. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Rob, I may drive up from Seattle to say "hi" if I can break away. I usually stay at the Marriott Parq 10 minutes away. Robson St has lots going on....even on a Sunday evening.

6. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    So I guess Canada is pretty darn pretty. I had a great 2 weeks in the mountains. Update, I fly into Vancouver late tonight and Salmon fishing tomorrow afternoon. Flying back home Sunday, so thinking Saturday night will be best for dinner whoever wants to join. Kind of thinking float plane to Victoria Saturday unless better suggestions for a touristy day.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

of2worlds, MS250 and f355spider like this.
  7. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Plenty to see and do around both cities, but if you have never been to Victoria, walking around the inner harbour is a lot of fun if the weather is nice. Simply amazing

rob lay likes this.
  8. nismodrifter

nismodrifter Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2008
    YYC/YVR
    Full Name:
    Navdeep
    ^yes just a walk around Victorias harbour is worth the trip, great food, the scenery en route to Victoria would be breathtaking by plane (it already is by ferry)

9. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    of2worlds likes this.
  10. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000