308 gt4 European Bumper | Page 3 | FerrariChat

308 gt4 European Bumper

Discussion in '308/328' started by The Kook Abides, May 8, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nino1964

Nino1964 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 14, 2015
    North Georgia
    I used Fiat Spider bumper struts from old parts that I had from my Fiat spider ( I saved original struts so that I could reinstall if needed). Fiat bumper struts should be easily found at a reasonable price.All Fiat spider bumper struts are the same from 1975 to 1985. Fiat produced over 200k of these cars. I first drilled and drained all the hyd fluid from the stunts and then used an angle grinder to cut off the last 1 where I had measured where I wanted the bumper to sit. Then I drilled holes to match where bolts would secure in brackets. I also had to enlarge the mounting brackets of the struts to accommodate bumper studs. I then mounted the struts and and then the bumpers.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

modificator likes this.
  2. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
  3. Erol

Erol Karting

Sep 1, 2020
    New York, USA
    Full Name:
    Erol
    Hi Al

Any chance you still have parts available for the front bumper? I did the back already but the front seems tricky because of the turn signals. Housing is too deep and seems it would prevent me from pushing the bumper in as far as in your pictures.

Here’s my back bumper. Feel like that’s as far as it will go...

thanks!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login