I backed the car out of the garage and there is only smoke out of exhaust on one side ?? | FerrariChat

I backed the car out of the garage and there is only smoke out of exhaust on one side ??

Discussion in '360/430' started by tvoismo, Sep 14, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tvoismo

tvoismo Karting

Jun 14, 2016
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Tor
    What is going on ?? So worried.

Sent fra min SM-G955F via Tapatalk

2. timwu12

timwu12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    TX
    do you mean 1 out of the 2 pipes on each side or do you mean smoke on the driver vs passenger side?

did you unplug your valves? if so, exhaust gases will only be coming out of 1 of the 2 pipes per side

3. tvoismo

tvoismo Karting

Jun 14, 2016
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Tor
    2 pipes on one side.

4. BlacktopRacing

BlacktopRacing Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Dale
    Is this a 360 or 430?
    How many miles on it?
    Do you have OEM exhaust manifolds?
    Is any other part of the exhaust NOT OEM?

5. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    And what do you mean by "smoke"? White, blue, ??? You may need to post a vid if you want any useful feedback OR provide much more detail. One other question, is it running rough and are there any codes?

cpep likes this.
  6. cpep

cpep Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2017
    new york
    Full Name:
    CHARLIE
    Like skid said is it running okay? Maybe only half the engine is running. I had that happen a couple of weeks ago and had to shut it off and restart it.

Skidkid and BlacktopRacing like this.
  7. BlacktopRacing

BlacktopRacing Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Dale
    Dare I say, anytime you put eight Italians in one room together, they're not going to wake up and go to sleep at the same time

billy.gif and Ghostdiver like this.
  8. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Yep, my guess was going to be limp mode but there is not enough info to make anything but a WAG.

cpep likes this.
  9. tvoismo

tvoismo Karting

Jun 14, 2016
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Tor
    There is just coming exhaust out of 2 of 4 pipes. ZERO from the back right pipes. The car has not been used in over a month. When I started the car, it was a flash thing with the lights + ( almost not starting ) could it be it was not starting on all cylinders ? thanks again

10. tvoismo

tvoismo Karting

Jun 14, 2016
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Tor
    It has not been used in a couple of months. Could it be that the battery was Almost flat and just started "half" the engine?

11. irix

irix Karting

Aug 28, 2015
    Germany
    Full Name:
    J.B
    There is "limp mode" when the battery is too week to deliver AMPs to all the ECU and starts only half of the engine

Sometomes you can see odd behaviour of the instrument cluster too.
    I have it once and only one bank of cylinders was running after starting. RPMs was low and it sounds very different, you can feel the temperature difference also .........believe me!

Lesson learned. Use always your ctek battery charger on your FCar.

Regards,
    Joerg

12. tvoismo

tvoismo Karting

Jun 14, 2016
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Tor

Thank you so much for the comment! I connected the ctek a couple of hours a ago. it was on 3/8 now its on 6/8 so It looks like the battery still lives :)

So you think there is nothing more to worry about starting it up again when its on 8/8 on the ctek charger ?

13. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    I didn’t know the creek was strong enough to charge a very low battery.. I’d charge it with a real charger personally.

14. Mickster

Mickster Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2015
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Mikael Andersson
    If you got the ”one bank running only problem” you would hear the engine running really rough (if running at all). That would probably mean a shot ECU, though. Don’t know if that can happen due to low battery voltage..?
    Poorly maintained battery can cause all sorts of problem in our cars, I’m sad to say.

15. tvoismo

tvoismo Karting

Jun 14, 2016
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Tor
    Did not quite understand this part ? Do you think I have a broken ECU ? I will always use the c-tek from now on :) When the c-tek is going 8/8 and green, its still safe to try starting the car? Thanks again people for the help.

16. cpep

cpep Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2017
    new york
    Full Name:
    CHARLIE
    It's actually a pretty common thing. When I bought my car the lead tech said it happens on occasion and like I said mine did it recently. I just shut it off and restarted then it was fine. That's one time in almost a year of having the car.

Skidkid likes this.
  17. irix

irix Karting

Aug 28, 2015
    Germany
    Full Name:
    J.B
    If you get 8/8 just start again. Put key in position 2 just wait 60sec. befor starting the engine.

Regards,
    Joerg

18. tvoismo

tvoismo Karting

Jun 14, 2016
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Tor
    The car startet right up again :) But I feel there is a bit more exhaust and heat coming from just one side. Is this normal ?

Thanks again! I swear to the c-tek now.

19. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    Don't both banks at some point prior to the silencer (muffler) or at it come together anyway?

20. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    My 575 was v low battery recently after I forgot to plug in Ctek over 2 months. Lights went on dimly, turned over once, no more, didn't start, dash lights were on. Overnight on Ctek cured it. I think it would have been a different story with a completely dead battery though.