Advertised for 140k sold to hoovies garage for 83k;) | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Advertised for 140k sold to hoovies garage for 83k;)

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Natkingcolebasket69, Sep 12, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Hes got a lot of money in “value” left over to get that sucker fixed right. If white on beige is your thing (eww) then that car checked out pretty darn well for $82k.

2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I feel bad for the owner because i know him and he is a nice guy and although i know that part of the deal was to get a video of his dealership its not great publicity that second video the guy posts a sort of misleading video saying MAJOR leak!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Meh, no biggie. Just drive it like your Crocket and Tubbs.

4. Veedub00

Veedub00 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2006
    Troy, Michigan
    Full Name:
    James
    Why did he have the TRX tires? That's not right.

5. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    I don't feel bad for him at all. What part of "buying the cheapest " Testarossa and not having a PPI done did he not understand?

Maybe he came on this thread and read that a top condition Testarossa was only worth $90k all day long lol

You get what you pay for #sorrynotsorry

That engine out service was a slap dash "so we can sell it serviced"

When I just had my engine out service finished in February (started in November) I had the water pump seal done ( of course) , wrinkle spray the valve covers, timing belt covers ( no you can't see them) , roller bearings, hard to reach hoses, thermostats, re-machine bleed screw on thermostat housing etc. That's how you service a Testarossa

His 83k Testarossa just became 93k Gee....7k more and he could of had a fully service documented car.

Shamile

Freeze...Miami Vice!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ridege55, xplodee and turbo-joe like this.
  6. Natkingcolebasket69

No i mean i feel bad for the dealership i lnow that owner not hoovies. How stupid is it to sell ir car to hoovies ? I mean its going to be bad publicity in my opinion if first post is about ur car has a leak and its not even that bat but hoovies does clickbait.

Shamile likes this.
  7. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    ^^^^ I think y’all miss the point of Hoovies garage. He is giant car nerd. Loves cars and has created following based on his ability to be entertaining in his hobby on a public forum. He is not a technical guy - or is he and he fakes it But he has created a persona that is the opposite of Jay Leno yet a smaller scale version. We watch the show as knowledgeable Ferrari Owners, but lots of Ferrari Owners also have zero clue about the technical mechanical details, just like Hoovie Portrays. But he wants the car, he has the car and any entertaining factor he can bring to the channel will be portrayed. It may be “tongue and cheek” or it may heartfelt seriousness - not too much of Hoovie is Serious. It is a show.

As to bad publicity for selling dealer, I do not see it that way.

ANYONE BUYING AN EXOTIC OLDER FERRARI OR SELLING AN EXOTIC OLDER FERRARI HAS TO KNOW THAT NO MATTER WHAT IS SPENT ON IT; SITTING AND THEN BEING DRIVEN REGULARLY CAN CREATE ALL KINDS OF NEW ISSUES.

To think it will be perfect constantly is silly. They are not Toyota Corollas or Honda Civics that putters on up to 200k miles with hardly a concern. Ferrari’s generally sit too much. They are exercised at higher than normal speeds, g forces and stresses when driven. They are meant to be enjoyed and lusted after. Just like an expensive woman! Name a hot wife, girlfriend or pinup model who does not need constant care, beautification and tender loving gifts on a daily basis. I guarantee the Ferrari is 400x cheaper over the lifetime of ownership

8. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    I guess I have to have to add a 4th F to the expression, "If it flies, floats, or ****s, it's cheaper to rent." Now it's, "If it's a Ferrrari, flies, floats, or ****s, it's cheaper to rent."

(You can all plug in the asteriks on your own.)

9. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I don't see it as bad publicity. I think it will be a net positive for him as he got his dealer name out there more and most of Hoovie's views come from the first video of each new car purchase. Anyone who is seriously considering buying a car that age at that price range should do their due diligence regardless of past customer experiences. Some exceptions apply if that seller took money and never delivered a car or crazy stuff like that.

10. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan
    #35 phrogs, Sep 15, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
    Most of the kids that watch hoovie aren't buying a Ferrari Ever.

Let him entertain, he's goofy and he laughs at himself.
    Click bait? Well that's what the internet is now so what.

Shamile and carnutdallas like this.
  11. tylerh860

tylerh860 Rookie

May 3, 2011
    Steve is a very nice guy, and I would have bought the car 100x over again even knowing about the "major leak" which is actually a very very minor leak that could be ignored for years-- but major because the engine comes out. He's seen my videos and knows my routine... I'll give Steve another big shoutout and thank you in my next video about the car, which will be a lot more positive.

As for how I can afford to pay for it? It really is just YouTube revenue making the car payments. My credit union financed me on this and my Rolls Royce based on my YouTube (and freelance writing) income last year and what I have done this year. I also have a long history with them! They financed me 4 years ago when I was broke and needed a $10,000 loan on a Prius to drive around for my new job. The Freddy's store development will pay out eventually, but since most of the profits go into building the next store, all I've gotten from it is a small salary so far-- which pays the mortgage.

I started this YouTube adventure having NO idea actually making decent money was possible, but since I'm scared it will disappear tomorrow, I try and borrow an amount that would be easy to fire sale (no pun intended). I owed $50k on the 355 when it exploded, and insurance gave me a check for $74000. I used all of it as a downpayment on the Testarossa to make my monthly payment roughly the same as the 355. Just the 2 videos posted so far will almost cover the sales tax I'm about to pay at the DMV. It's nuts!

12. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Welcome! Must be fun having us in the GP speculate about you as we create our version of Hoovie based on hours of YouTube viewing. Nice to have the clarity even if you owe us nothing in explanation. Truly enjoy your artistic efforts, comedy routines and general style.

I tried to reach out to you last year on FB when going to Wichita to pick up my Viper SRT truck. You did not respond, but I was dying to meet a fellow car nerd with a similar affinity for the odd and “hoardful” nature.

Enjoy the TR. could have bought my 355 GTS for slightly less and had the glorious sounds again. Cheers and keep up the hard work. Way better than Demuro, LOL. -Rob

13. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Welcome aboard and a big "Freeze...Miami Vice! " out to you. This forum is invaluable for technical assistance. Stick around, it will make your Testarossa ownership more enjoyable.

Next time....just do the PPI ok lol

Shamile

Freeze... Miami Vice!

turbo-joe and Jakuzzi like this.
  14. Natkingcolebasket69

That’s interesting to learn about the YouTube business. Definitely 2 videos and able to pay sales tax is awesome.
    Steve is a great guy indeed and he is a Lamborghini guy who is a bit naive and new to the car business -i know the car and it is a solid car. Not perfect but not bad at all.Enjoy.

15. ozziindaus

ozziindaus F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 16, 2012
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Yeh, welcome aboad. Just discovered your channel and have already burned through a few vids. Very informative and entertaining.

Although I sold mine about a year ago, there's not a week that goes by that I don’t miss it. You’re gonna love owning the TR and this site makes it all that much easier. Get The Wizard over here :cool:

Keep it up.

Jakuzzi and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  16. Natkingcolebasket69

U and me both- greatest car ever—specially in the 512tr version to me;)

ozziindaus likes this.
  17. tylerh860

tylerh860 Rookie

May 3, 2011
    I'm sorry I didn't respond! I travel so much that there's a good chance I wasn't in town, but at least owed you a response. SORRY!

18. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Shot in the dark by me. Thought you were a bit player You-tuber. Did not realize how big a star you are. Plus you have a day job, gold digger girlfriend (kidding) and a daughter to take care of. I am just a plebeian wanna be, no talent gentile of the car world in Dallas. Appreciate the response above.

Oh and very happy for the Car Wizard and growth of his little business. Seriously doubt you pay enough for that growth, so he must be treating the peeps of W. KS. well. All best to him. Sharp guy and hard worker from what I can tell.

I will add: DO NOT sell the family SL, No matter what. That and the Buick are the keepers. Cheers!

Jakuzzi likes this.
  19. tylerh860

tylerh860 Rookie

May 3, 2011
    There's a reason why I gave up on the car business after 10 years... It's RIDICULOUSLY HARD. I think he's finding the right niche though. He said (and I agreed) no more Ferrari cars in inventory ( because used Ferrari buyers are way too cheap, annoying, and picky) while Lamborghini buyers tend to be much easier. He also had a great selection of air-cooled 911-- focusing on 964 and 993. Considering where he's located (NorCal) I imagine it's much easier to find a steady supply of clean examples, that marketed properly would do well nationally.

Still, the used car business is one of the few where buyers think you're a crook if you're making any money off them. Meanwhile, people will spend thousands at Tiffany & Co or Gucci and think nothing of the 1000% markup.

20. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    That's because Gucci and Tiffany don't sell "used" products.
    The car business has the reputation it has for good reason. The people taking you for a ride outweigh good honest dealers.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

Jakuzzi likes this.
  21. Natkingcolebasket69

Totally. U will see on this forum that ferrari car buyers tend to love their cars like baby and sometimes overvalue them (in my opinion). Im having a big debate with some on another thread about the true value of the tr’s for instance... as u saw first hand it would seem that advertised prices are very different than what they sell for;)

sherrillt and Jakuzzi like this.
  22. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    Love your videos and love of ownership. For the Testarossa, the only other thing you should do while "you are at it" is to remove the fender shields. :)

23. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    he still got a good deal others here have spent more on a ferrari and paid alot more for repairs

sherrillt likes this.
  24. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    yes agree remove them

25. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    The big question:

Will the engine be pulled to ‘just’ fix the wp and shift shaft leak?

Some have said the wp can be done ‘in car’ - count me as skeptical.