How well would Hamilton do in the Schumacher/Hakinnen period? | FerrariChat

How well would Hamilton do in the Schumacher/Hakinnen period?

Discussion in 'F1' started by ren0312, Sep 16, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ren0312

ren0312 Karting

Aug 5, 2006
    How well would Hamilton do in the Schumacher Vs. Hakinnen era? Would he do as well as Schumacher in the 97, 98, and 99 car? Would he outperform Hakinnen if he was driving the same car? How would Nico Rosberg rank Vs. Hakinnen?

2. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    No, no, no and wingman...Another senseless thread where soon the fanboys will show up with the most useless stats to show us that Lewis is on top of everybody. Just another thread to feed them, just what we needed

william, Bas, stavura and 1 other person like this.
  3. MrF355

MrF355 Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2008
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Kimi
    Pass the pop corn.

ATBNM3 likes this.
  4. Hugh Conway

Hugh Conway Karting

Jul 24, 2012
    Hamilton would pass Fangio on an Andean pass drifting a Ford Model T.
    Hamilton would drift round Nuvolari on the Nurburgring driving a MG.
    Hamilton would do a triple sow-cow and beat Brian Boitano at the Olympics.

cig1, JLF, ATBNM3 and 5 others like this.
  5. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    The top drivers now will do just fine, talent is born everyday, there was not a cut off period for talent. The human birth process has not changed. Lebron James, Cristiano Ronaldo, Tom brady etc is proof of this. Rosberg already beat Schumacher 3 years consecutively

6. sammysaber

sammysaber Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2011
    Umm...how exactly does Schuey/Hakkinen of the 90's relate to your reply ?

Best,
    Sammy

daytona355 likes this.
  7. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    The sooner Hambone and his fanboys go off into the distance the better F1 would be. I could care less what he does in the future but the sooner he goes away from F1 the better.

8. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    I don´t know, back in the day they had to do lots of testing and that stuff. Lewis wouldn´t have time to do photo shoots, work in his fashion collections and record his pop songs.

Mmmm... it would be a win-win situation.

william and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  9. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    To clarify, I see no reason Ham or Max would'nt perform at the same level as Schuey/Hakkinen

10. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    I agree, it would probably spell doom for the other drivers if Ham only concentrated on racing

11. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Exactly.

Blackmamba and ATBNM3 like this.
  12. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Actually I don't think that Hamilton's "hobbies" have any negative impact in his driving: today's drivers have more leisure time than before.

Hamilton's hobbies might have some negative impact in fashion and music though.

randkin, william, Formula Uno and 2 others like this.
  13. Jeronimo GTO

Jeronimo GTO Formula 3

May 15, 2010
    LOL
    Quote of the day!

daytona355 likes this.
  14. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I agree. I don't think Hamilton gets negative reactions for his hobbies. He gets negative reaction for dressing up like a ****ing clown, which is rather different. There is no testing in between races anymore, like you say far more leisure time. What do all other drivers do? Not much else but work out and their own hobbies, just not in the spotlight so much as they tend to upload less and they're not as interesting for the media.

As usual, Toto missed the point completely when he made his comment RE Elton's lifestyle.

daytona355 likes this.
  15. Formula Uno

Formula Uno F1 Veteran

Oct 8, 2008
    New York City
    I DO understand the "hate" from some of you because of Hamilton's showboating persona BUT I have to admit that I give him a "wink and a nod" through it...."Good for you Lewis!"

Let's face it...he's the BEST THERE IS out there right now. He's winning everything. He's young, handsome, charming and charismatic, SUPER RICH! and going through supermodels like there's no tomorrow....he even seems to come from a good family.....who among us might not do the same?

So don't hate on him too much and don't be jealous of him either, because right now he's riding the wave;)

16. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    This reminds me of the old SNL spoof about Ditka and the Bears. Who would win? The entire line-up of the Da Bears vs Ditka by himself? Well of course, Ditka.

What if it was a mini-Ditka? Nah, he would still win it.

Mark(study), Lotaz and Formula Uno like this.
  17. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

I would venture that Hamilton would not do as well in the 90's as he's doing in these current cars.

The onboards shows how smooth and non-physical the current cars are to drive.
    And yet - Hamilton always appears the most exhausted post-race, and he puffs and pants during radio comms, and sweats profusely.
    He seems to have 50% of Kimi's race fitness.

Schumacher by contrast hardly showed a single bead of sweat post-race, and yet the cars were physically more demanding.

So in terms of fitness I remain to see evidence that Hamilton could have won in the 90's cars against Mika + Michael.

TurboFreak650 likes this.
  18. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I think it's actually Hamilton's extra activities that cause all the controversy around him.

Back "in the days", testing cars constantly (if you were driving for a top team that could afford it) was rather hard grind, and tedious for some.

ATBNM3 likes this.
  19. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Why attempt to compare something that can't be compared?

Jakuzzi, ricksb, jgonzalesm6 and 2 others like this.
  20. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    Good luck... The way Lewis drives he'll rack up more WDC's until he's 40...

Blackmamba likes this.
  21. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    Lewis would be challenging for WCs in any era he would compete in. Talent is talent. He would be on par, or better than Schumey, and certainly better than Mika. I would pick Mika over Nico.......at least Mika stuck around to compete for, and win his 2nd WC.

22. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    I guess he would have also done 'ok'.

Cream tends to rise to the top,and ends up in the best cars,not a coincidence.

23. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Unless your name is Alonso :D

24. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Schuey would give the idle **** a lesson in manners and beat the crap out of him.... he wouldn’t stand a chance against proper racers in proper race cars. He wouldn’t be able to beat Kimi either, nor Alonso without the favouritism of uncle Ron. His idol Senna would have smashed him off track and broken him forever for just suggesting he was as good as him

25. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    More HP (1000 versus 700), more traction (5Gs rather than 4Gs) , more downforce, more braking (5 Gs rather than 4Gs), more cornering (4.5Gs rather than 4Gs):: which of these forces makes modern care easier to drive than those of the past!

The fact that Hamilton makes the car look smooth means that he can make any well setup car from any era look smooth (with a bit of practice.)

Blackmamba, F430 F1 Singapore and ktu like this.