Ferrari Future Roadmap - Unveiling 5 Year Plan In Early 2018 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Future Roadmap - Unveiling 5 Year Plan In Early 2018

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Rossocorsa1, Oct 25, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany

Sorry you are right… was probably a too long day. :)

Anyway, I think the assumption that younger “Ferrari fans” want to see a full electric concept is a little far-fetched. You do not become a Ferrari fan out of nothing. IMO those people have e really deep passion for cars and they appreciate the history behind the brand which is for most parts linked to racing.

What I can see around me is that people who are fascinated by all that electric car hype are people who are not so much into cars. That on the other hand has little to nothing to do with age.

I also think Ferrari should participate in Formula E. It’s not because I think it’s a cool thing but I want them to stay on top with their technological capabilities. Maybe for that purpose it might be enough just to be the technology provider for a Maserati branded Formula E Team.

2. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    It will be interesting to see how much E vehicles play in the 5 year plan, if at all. Regardless if you love or hate the direction Ferrari is headed under Marchione, it will be fascinating to see what is revealed, particularly when it come to any future platforms and supercars.

red passion likes this.
  3. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    Unfortunately I can't agree with you on that one :)

When I think of Ferrari the first three words that come to mind is beauty, passion and soul. And to me there is nothing more soulless and passionless than an all electric vehicle.

Im all for hybrids as they offer the best of both worlds, however EV's (even a Ferrari one) would not do much for me.

G. Pepper likes this.
  4. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I tend to agree.

5. Jacob Potts

Jacob Potts Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2008
    Pueblo, CO
    Full Name:
    Jacob Potts
    Another aspect to consider about Ferrari's plan for the future: the price of their highest-end offering. A LaFerrari successor will likely be priced at above $1 million, and will run into stiff competition from new and established players: Bugatti, Koenigsegg, and Mr. Glickenhaus' SCG003. The market is crowded. As much as exotic car fans like myself would love to see Ferrari's new "ultimate" car (and the ensuing automotive competitions in the media), Ferrari may not make the ultimate profits that they want from such a vehicle.

6. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I appreciate your thoughts, but an ultra limited Ferrari supercar is the pinnacle of the field. All evidence supports that. I don't imagine that changing with the next one, regardless of what the other brands do.

7. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    there were rumors about a ulmate ferrari ( simply refered as "other version of laferrari"). do not know what happened to its fate. it is bad news (for fans) if they axed that project.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I wouldn't worry about Ferrari supercars. They would never relinquish that market segment. It feeds their top clients, it maintains them as the premier automotive brand in the world and they make a ton of money off of them. I like that they don't roll them out too often. Every ten years is fine by me. I am certain that it will be the very best of the best when they do, just as the LaFerrari is, as well as its predecessors.

9. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    AlfistaPortoghese likes this.
  10. Hugh Conway

Hugh Conway Karting

Jul 24, 2012
    any updates on the roadmap? early 2018 has come and gone.

11. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Hugh Conway likes this.
  12. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Montezemolo increased the production to 7000+ after claiming it will never exceed 4000...
    The real question is, what production level the market is able to sustain.
    As far as used car prices go, before the 2014-2015 speculative bump, used Ferrari used to drop a lot.
    The current trend is only to go back to usual business, which is great for second-hand car buyers (I may revert to that condition ;) )

13. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
  14. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
  15. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    I don't like the name for the SUV-Purosangue. Reminds me too much of Purgatory!

16. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    It's literally "Pureblood." Not sure it's appropriate for what is essentially a crossover. A pureblood Ferrari will always be a front engine V12 to me, not a hybrid V8.

Dave rocks, HotShoe and Doug23 like this.
  17. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    That is the literal translation but it is also used in the context of a thoroughbred (such as a horse) which is probably what they were thinking .

G. Pepper likes this.
  18. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    That is the absolute worst possible name they could give their SUV/FUV (whatever acronym their marketing team gives it). Given their heritage and DNA it is deeply insulting to anyone who even knows one iota about their origins. "Impostore" would be more appropriate. ;)

crinoid, G. Pepper and Dave rocks like this.
  19. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

I’m willing to bet we still get “sticky buttons” in 2022 models too. I can’t wait :rolleyes:

stavura, G. Pepper and energy88 like this.
  20. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    As someone pointed out in another thread, thoroughbred and hybrid are opposites. :)

montpellier likes this.
  21. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    Very true. May be they will eventually name it ThoroughHybrid.

G. Pepper likes this.