10 Years | FerrariChat

10 Years

Discussion in '348/355' started by hezgon, Aug 24, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. hezgon

hezgon Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2006
    Ft Pierce, FL
    Full Name:
    Stan
    This month will mark 10 years of ownership on my 95' six-speed coupe. It's been a love-hate relationship at times. Loved the delivery, neighbors were pissed at me driving up and around listening to the sweet sound from the exhaust for hours. For the first few months, I was getting about 8 mpg, but the sound. Nothing had been upgraded on the engine or interior. I did the sticky bits and Robby @ StickyNoMore did the parts I couldn't. Fernando at Competizione & Sports Cars went over the car and said "Drive it, have fun. When it breaks, we'll fix it." So for the next three years, driven it was. Then the inevitable and less than the love part, valve guides, cylinder liners and on and on. Full top to bottom rebuild, headers, clutch.... in 2011. Since the rebuild, zero issues, thanks to Competizione. Full major was completed this past May and now 50K miles on her is right around the corner. We run the WV 1000k trip with FCA-MAR for the past four years, taken to shows here and there, and driven to work on occasion. Love is the word, in the end, I smile every time I drive the car! What an enjoyable experience, thank you Enzo!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

krazykarguy, Yassa, F_NERO and 8 others like this.
  2. chrisj951

chrisj951 Karting

Feb 18, 2015
    Metro Atlanta
    Nice to hear. Curious about the engine rebuild with relatively low miles on a motor.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Great to hear somebody driving and enjoying their F car.

Is that verdi?

(And as above more details on engine rebuild, and $ (we promise not to tell your missus; honest :))

4. jjtjr

jjtjr Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2016
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    john truskowski
    I am curious as to why the engine rebuild took place. Was it burning oil? Or was it found while in for a major?

5. bballto

bballto Karting

Mar 10, 2014
    Prospective buyers take note. Good post, enjoy the car.

6. hezgon

hezgon Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2006
    Ft Pierce, FL
    Full Name:
    Stan
    There were about 36K miles on the motor. I was playing in WV on back roads with a buddy in a Z06. Started to blow a bit of smoke....the time had come. The total was about $32K, this included headers and a clutch.

Attached Files:

A348W and SoCal1 like this.
  7. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    That's fantastic.. I've seen your car around at Spring Thaw and some other places and love the color combo. I hope the next 50k miles are trouble-free!