F12 price help | FerrariChat

F12 price help

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Nsd991, Sep 8, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nsd991

Nsd991 Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2012
    looking at a 2014 F12 Rosso F1 2007/black race seats 21000 miles msrp $430k. Listed $229 from Ferrari dealer. Unfortunately has aftermarket HRE wheels.
    New to F12 forum, what is a fair price for this car?
    Thanks in advance

2. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    any history? authorized dealer? cpo?

need more history. do you have the link?

sometimes, people here knows the car.

3. Nsd991

Nsd991 Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2012
  4. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    I don't have a F12, but in general the following would still apply. So I will leave the market price discussion to the owners.

only 2 service record in 21 thousands miles? Didn't it miss 4 maintenance from 2015 to 2018?

I would be inquisitive to that alone. I would ask the dealer for all the maintenance and repair record.

And how long do you plan to keep the car?

Also, I would ask about the size of the seat. If you are a big guy, you need a bigger seat.

Regarding the HRE rims, sometimes, the dealer may be willing to throw back the original rims just to get you buy the car. No problem asking.

I have read this saying many times, and let me just pass it on... "Sometimes, the cheapest Ferrari is actually the most expensive one."

Nsd991 likes this.
  5. Nsd991

Nsd991 Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2012
    Thanks for your feedback. I value your thoughts.
    The second picture has the actual service history and to me it looks like annual visits and brake flushes etc. I’ve emailed my local dealer (I’m in Texas, car is in Florida) to see if I’m missing anything. Well I always “plan” on keeping a car but in reality have yet to make it more than 4 years. I daily drive a 991GT3 and am on the “list” for the 991.2 gt3RS but that has yet to materialize and it would likely cost me just about the same to upgrade to this F12. I have the large race seats in my 458 (race seats are part of the reason I gravitated to this particular car). I’m a small guy 5’8” 150 lbs so should be ok.
    Your quote does give me pause....
    Any common faults to worry about with these cars? I haven’t done my normal homework on these cars as I normally do because it was not within my budget.
    My understanding is the novitec springs don’t affect ride quality etc. Again the HRE wheels not exactly what I want but the interior of this car is gorgeous.
    Please keep the thoughts and advice coming
    Thanks in advance

6. kreuland

kreuland Rookie

Mar 10, 2011
    I would buy it!!!!! Rosso F1 is awesome....$30,000 paint

7. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    #8 iloveferrari, Sep 8, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
    Oh, sorry, I didn't know you already have a 458. Hope you didn't take my suggestion as patronizing at all. Your post says you were new...

I also had both 991.1 and .2 GT3 and GT4, but I gave up on Porsche dealers' way of charging premium on cars. They want to charge me 40K on GT3RS, even though I have been buying other GT cars without any premium. So I decided to stay with Ferrari and Lotus. Good luck with your RS allocation! Would it be a PTS? If it's a PTS, maybe worth the wait.

Nsd991 likes this.
  8. Nsd991

Nsd991 Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2012
    No apologies needed, I took your comments as constructive. Porsche’s are great but Ferrari’s are as well and when the price points converge between the brands, Ferrari gets my vote.

iloveferrari likes this.
  9. saraojo

saraojo Formula 3

Mar 9, 2015
    Northeast
    Tough to price that car. But at $210k, I would buy it all things considered

10. Nsd991

Nsd991 Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2012
    Thanks for your response. The dealership was a pleasure to deal with, however I decided to pass on the car and go another direction..

11. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    oh, why? just curious..

12. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    I’ve looked there as well. Not the same after the Sheltons sold it.

May I ask what price you got to?

The killer on 20k miles is if you drive it 10k more you get killed on resale. 210 k is a nice discount but you’ll get 150k in 2-3 years. So for my money a driver is 10k miles or less and add as you want. The delta is less for the same miles/years of ownership.

Scotts

13. Nsd991

Nsd991 Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2012
    Great advice, I didn’t get much down on the price. I bailed as I read issues about rear mesh screens and potential paint corrosion issues and this particular car having a triple layer paint scheme I felt it was not worth the worry. Will patiently go back to waiting for 991.2 GT3RS.

14. Kauai

Kauai Rookie

Apr 24, 2015
    Estero, FL
    Please see my add for a 2016' F12 with 1799 miles, still under warranty, never in the rain.