F12 with history. | FerrariChat

F12 with history.

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by ScottS, Sep 3, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Thinking about adding an F12. While searching the web came across this one. I love the colors/options. Price seemed low and low and behold accident history on Carfax.

https://www.ferrariofseattle.com/used-Seattle-2016-Ferrari-F12-Berlinetta-ZFF74UFA4G0217508

One is this a dealbreaker ? How much of a discount should one see and therefore give on the sale/ trade in in say 2-3 years.

I am coming from a Cali with race seats and an FF which I’ll keep but not likely to keep the F12 for more than 5 years.

Any thoughts and input appreciated especially any knowledge of this car as well

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    According to records and pictures very minor rear light and total repair 3700.

Any thoughts ?

3. mjeagent

mjeagent Karting

Aug 17, 2012
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Gonna be a huge depreciation hit and possibly very tough to offload. Not to mention, it's not a classic color combo that is normally desirable to both a collector and casual buyer.

4. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    I think if you can show future parties exactly what happened(have photos, repair invoice, etc.) and the repair is fully documented you may be able to find buyers for the car. That being said there are numerous F12's available. Sure they will cost a little more but at this price point, I think I would spend a little more knowing it will be easier to sell down the road. That is just how I feel though. Carfax will often say if an accident is minor which a $3,700 repair to an F12 I would categorize as minor. Here it is not listed as minor. If you proceed definitely get a PPI from an independent not affiliated with Seattle of Washington. Good luck with whatever route you choose to go.

luigisayshello and Caeruleus11 like this.
  5. PJ72

PJ72 Karting

Jun 1, 2017
    This. +1

luigisayshello likes this.
  6. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Have the report with pictures. I love the GS/Nero with gold rake seats.

Nice spec and 2016. What would you offer ? Already possibly lowest price f12 in the US with service and warranty. Others around 280-290k.

I agree but don’t we all take a hit if we trade in and or drive them (Cali has 12k miles ).

Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Kauai

Kauai Rookie

Apr 24, 2015
    Estero, FL
    I have a 2016' F12 with 1799 miles for sale. Rosa Corsa, Cuio interior. Never in the rain. Regards.

8. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Sticking with Grigio for now. Thank you

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    offer 25k below the ask

10. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    So is that generic advice or just this one?

What about a similar F12 clean 1 owner Carfax with 18k miles.

Same ask?

11. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA