The Lewis "Elton" Hamilton Sucks Thread | Page 127 | FerrariChat

The Lewis "Elton" Hamilton Sucks Thread

Discussion in 'F1' started by nsxrebel, May 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DonnaMobile

DonnaMobile Rookie

Jul 16, 2018
    Full Name:
    Donna Fussi
    Vettel sucks without a thread

ATBNM3 and tifosi12 like this.
  2. DonnaMobile

DonnaMobile Rookie

Jul 16, 2018
    Full Name:
    Donna Fussi
    I find him much more likeable without Anthony .He should have "sacked" him much earlier as manager . Hamilton had to find himself as person wich was impossible with his father and Ron Dennis around.He had no breathing space was controlled and suffcoated between them.He was in his mid twenties when he finally wanted to be his own person ,nothing wrong with that. I would find it weird ,if his father still was there managing him.

ATBNM3 and william like this.
  3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    We hold these truths to be self evident...

Adrian Thompson and ATBNM3 like this.
  4. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    Honest question for the Ham Fans, what specifically is it that makes you like Lewis Hamilton, other than he has been winning so much? This thread has lots of things that people dislike about Hamilton, I am really curious as to what it is that makes fans like a driver other than they are winning (those are not real fans only bandwagon fans).

Jeronimo GTO, stavura and fil like this.
  5. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Ham fan ? The expression is meaningless for me.
    Recognising that he is the best driver of this era doesn't make me a fan of him: the stats speak for themselves.
    I will simply defend his record when people use his controversial image to tarnish his on-track achievements.
    The fact that he is British and a role model for the youngsters of Afro-Caribbean origin is a bonus for me too.

Adrian Thompson, macca and ATBNM3 like this.
  6. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

LH has separated himself from the rest of his contemporaries this year. Vettel is not at all as good a driver to me. Only speaking of driving talent I cannot rate Vettel over LH. Last year I was not so sure. Now it is clear. When Newey states Vettel is not a good pressure driver one cannot argue over that given how closely they worked together. LH is the second best on the grid to me behind FA. In terms of strict talent they are the 2 best drivers for me personal opinion.

7. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Lewis is different in many ways to other multi-champion F1 drivers, for sure. One doesn't have to try and emulate a particular driver's lifestyle to be in awe of his accomplishments. I thought Jim Clark was awesome but I didn't run out and become a sheep farmer.

ATBNM3 and ricksb like this.
  8. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    #3158 ktu, Sep 21, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
    Lewis fans like myself, like him because he is great, not "just winning". There's a difference. He now holds records that put him among the top F1 drivers of all time. Second thing is his ethnicity. Growing up in a sport being "different" can be a challenge you have to overcome. Lewis has overcome them. This can be inspiring to fans. Others may like that his lifestyle adds something interesting to F1, instead of your standard cookie cutter F1 driver. Those are the only things i can think of at the moment

DonnaMobile, ATBNM3 and william like this.
  9. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I never was much of a Hamilton fan but the constant hate thrown at him here made me become one. For the life of me I can't understand folks who follow F1 and don't see what an incredible moment in the history of the sport we are allowed to witness: This guy is breaking almost every record of the sport. In the 70+ years of the sport there have been only few such phases: Fangio, Schumacher, Vettel and now Hamilton.

I couldn't care less what Hambone is doing in his spare time, what his hair or skin looks like, how many tatoos, rings etc he has. None of that is relevant. The stats are all that matter to me and right there he is going to be #2 by the end of this season.

People like to root for "nice" drivers such as Massa or Ricci. I couldn't care less. The guy can be a total @#$@$, as long as he drives the wheels off the competition, I'm fine with that. Max is similar. Probably arrogant down the wazoo, so what? He has the potential to be the next great driver and it'd be awesome if he would take over from Lewis in a couple of years. We'll see.

10. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Thing is, unlike Fangio, Shumacher, seb and Elton are not "special ones", before having a dominat merc, Elton spent hsi sunday afternoons squabling places with massa whom in many opinions was already past his sale date.....

Jakuzzi likes this.
  11. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

"Special One" and "GOAT" are subjective notions driven by sympathy and emotion.

It's also pointless comparing drivers of different eras .

ATBNM3 likes this.
  12. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I liked his driving style immediately when he came on the scene. I know there are "Prost" folks and "Senna" folks, and debated back in the day why I like the more aggressive driver who tries to make the spectacular pass or drives on the point of the sharpest razor blade. Lewis was "that guy" when he came into F1. The heat of the battle causes him to raise his game and find time and space that avoids others. It seemed like whenever he is under the most pressure, he tends to produce his best results (we can discuss the Massa issues another time...I think there's a little more behind those than ham-handed driving from either side)

I don't dislike drivers, in general (Maldonado grates and I was never a fan of Alonso's attitude but that's about it). It's easy for me to like Hamilton as a driver, without it being at the expense of Seb or Kimi (I am a Ferrari fan first and foremost, from a 'team I root' for standpoint).

13. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    Even as far back as his early McLaren days, he's exhibited strong racecraft and stupendous passing skills. He puts it all on the line, but mostly without being reckless and impetuous. It's as if he "wants" it that much more than the others.

DonnaMobile, william and ATBNM3 like this.
  14. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    What a crock of rose coloured glasses !!!!!

You guys forget what a dickhead he was crashing into Kimi in the pits !!!!!

Absolutely unforgivable

15. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    Dude, that was TEN YEARS ago!

ktu and ATBNM3 like this.
  16. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Bas likes this.
  17. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    yes he was great crashing into all moving and stationairy objects in 2011

daytona355 and Jakuzzi like this.
  18. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Oh, ******** and you know it! Who didn't manage his tyres? Who crashed into the one ****ing gravel trap that china has? Who pressed the wrong button and reset his gearbox? Who had the full support of the entire mclaren team for the majority of the season and still bottled it?

19. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    And this conspiracy involves two of the most vain persons in F1, Ron and Lewis. Does really anybody think that if this conspiracy would be true they still would not walk around and tell everybody??? Especially Lewis who even has his team boss coming out to change his stories to match Lewis´ in order to make sure nobody think it might be his mistake (see qualy Germany). It is like saying the moon landing never happened and all those hundreds of people involved kept quiet to the present day...

20. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    They took one of the best races ever from him and gave it to his Ferrari competitor. They not only stole the race victory from him but also fans of F1

DonnaMobile likes this.
  21. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    #3171 ktu, Sep 22, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
    Yes rookies make rookie mistakes, that's why they are called ROOKIES. What's scary is that the rookie made all those mistakes and STILL BEAT ALONSO in poles and tied him in points! Your post makes Alonso look really bad!!

ATBNM3 and Jakuzzi like this.
  22. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Keep drinking the koolaid. This post proves you only read what you want to read with your skewed view.

daytona355 and stavura like this.
  23. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Lewis would have squirmed ages ago. Ron now fully out of F1 and Mclaren would've said something. No more Bernie, no more Nazi sex party enthusiast.

24. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Apparently it was just a German prison sex party, not a Nazi sex party.

Bas likes this.
  25. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    Yeah, that’s what Max Mosley says . . .

But judging the fascist political bent of his late father Oswald Mosley, I’m going with the latter rather than the former.