Monza SP1 & SP2 | Page 15 | FerrariChat

Monza SP1 & SP2

Discussion in 'Icona Series (SP1, SP2, & SP3)' started by ajr550, Sep 4, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Griffon83

Griffon83 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2016
    Greece
    Full Name:
    Nassos
    A brief decription in Italian. Ca. 500 examples will be built according to the journalist.

of2worlds and Caeruleus11 like this.
  2. Zlaatan

Zlaatan Formula Junior

Sep 2, 2005
    I think it's absolutely gorgeous, Ferrari really hits it out of the park every single time with their LE models imo. At least exterior wise.. as I will agree that the interior could be better, a one off steering wheel for example would go a long way, but with the rest of the car being this beautiful I just don't care.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  3. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    It is not legal to be driven on the street. But that won’t stop some people from driving one on the street.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  4. 4_Eff_Sake

4_Eff_Sake Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2016
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
    That is an immense improvement, in my personal opinion

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    I was told 1,9 mil

crinoid likes this.
  6. pcht5

pcht5 Karting

Jan 31, 2009
    Asia
    Full Name:
    PCHT 5
    I was at the factory on the 18th. What I was told was there would be no RHD. Honestly, I would also love for them to build a RHD version of it, but "no"was the answer from them.

of2worlds likes this.
  7. furmano

furmano Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    I'm generally not a fan of retro styling but it's nice to see Ferrari try something different every now and then. Every model doesn't have to be an evolution of the previous model. It's good to shake things up.

Bravo Ferrari.

-F

8. furmano

Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    The verbiage on the Ferrari website describes them as road cars. I don't think these are just track toys. :)

-F

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  9. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    I was just repeating what the Ferrari dealer told me. He said they weren't street legal. Surprised me, as who wants a car they can't drive? But that's the story I was told. Maybe he was misinformed.

10. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    That’s exactly what the FXX, 599XX, and FXXK are. I don’t hear people complaining.

11. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    You're correct, but to own a car that can't be driven on the street for me personally doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Having said that, i'm sure the owners will drive them on public roads anyway ;)

crinoid likes this.
  12. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Supposedly they are street legal in Europe and not USA.

13. Superfast275

Superfast275 Rookie

Aug 26, 2013
    Somewhere in Europe
    Full Name:
    A.
    I think this car is just sensational... Technically it may not be a significant step up from the 812, but in developing a car like this, I think that things like usability, weight and performance probably become secondary.

In my mind this is more like art on wheels. The elegant lines, the timeless simplicity and the nod to the past in a completely impractical but gorgeously looking car. In fact, and while a few will surely be driven from time to time on special occasions, I wouldn’t be surprised if many of these actually end up in someone’s living room replacing a sculpture or some fine piece of furniture, with the cool racing suits unused and folded into a drawer for eternity, together with the helmets.

And while the Berluti shoes that come with the Monzas may clock up a lot more miles than the cars themselves, I think this all makes perfect sense for everyone: the owners buy a piece of artwork that you can race (and a sure investment). Ferrari does again what it does best - still written at the entrance of the Museum-: “We don’t sell cars, we sell a dream” (... I am sure many thousands of people around the world will be dreaming of one day, if they work really hard, being able to own and drive one of these on their favourite roads). The Monzas will be on posters in bedrooms everywhere, while shareholders see how the best marketing possible not just comes for free, but actually earns the company €2m a pop. I think the only ones standing to lose out slightly here will be some angry wives wondering why that cherished coffee table of theirs has to give way to new artwork at home...

14. furmano

Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    Bummer!

Probably requires a front "roll bar" aka windshield frame.

-F

crinoid likes this.
  15. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    I asked the dealer again this morning and he said the cars are NOT US street legal. Use that for what you will.

16. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Unfortunately, that makes sense.

of2worlds likes this.
  17. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn4CLEYBMfp/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1dtv5sg02b6vt
    Another opinion regarding that.I think that as we talk for a 500 units model (sp1-250 & sp2 250) which is a serious number, it seems to me very possible to be street legal everywhere.I think all these questions will be answered shortly in the public presentation of the car in Paris

elmadi and Caeruleus11 like this.
  18. furmano

Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    First
    That's so funny Ferrari doesn't seem to know if the car is street legal in the US.

Oh well, really looks cool! :p

-F

19. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Now that doesn't preclude the possibility of changing them to meet all the requirements. That's a whole different story.

20. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    If Mercedes could get their fully open car US legal, surely Ferrari can.

elmadi, stavura and Caeruleus11 like this.
  21. perrinnation

perrinnation Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2012
    The Detroit area
    Full Name:
    David
    Any thoughts on what past Ferrari vehicles should inspire future ‘Icona’ models?

I’d LOVE to see the Testarossa from the 80’s reimagined with contemporary underpinnings and revised bodywork. I think that design concept (the iconic slatted intakes) brought into the modern aesthetic would be fantastic.

FerrariFR33458 likes this.
  22. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    The 250 GTO is a slam dunk.

23. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed