Speciale Market | Page 14 | FerrariChat

Speciale Market

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by DM1, Jan 21, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    “After the next recession” lollll
    I’m waiting for that too

Sent from my 16M

2. F12JAJ

F12JAJ Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    California
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    That is a great deal. Yes, there still going over MSRP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. F12JAJ

F12JAJ Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    California
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I don’t disagree with your comparisons but I did some research and it appears that total number for Speciale is under 2000. What I saw is that they produced most in 2014 but only about 250 wore the 2014 make year and they stopped production in April or so of 2015 when they started producing the 499 Apertas. So it’s hard to imagine they could’ve produced as many as 3000. Just my $.02. I just got one and love it.

4. F12JAJ

F12JAJ Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    California
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Paid over MSRP for mine and none are selling at MSRP unless they have over 10k miles.

5. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Well, Ferrari called it the F12 TDF so, yes, it's technically the limited version of the production F12 with all that entails. A very nice car indeed.

6. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Sorry, I need to correct this. Production of the 458 Speciale Coupe lasted until July 2015.

When I did my Atelier session in Maranello back in February 2015, I was told 1,800 Speciales by Ferrari. BUT since that point the dealer received an additional 2015 allocation. My guess is the total is 1,800 plus whatever they decided to increase post February 2015. Maybe 2,200?

7. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark

Worldwide? That would put the typical 40% number in the US at 1,000..

8. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Yes worldwide. BUT the comment to me was done prior to them announcing an increase in allocations.

9. F12JAJ

F12JAJ Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    California
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I’m sure your information is more accurate then what I found in my research as yours came straight from the powers that be.

10. F12JAJ

F12JAJ Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    California
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I’m sure your information is more accurate then what I found in my research as yours came straight from the powers that be.

11. tommygun888

tommygun888 Rookie

Dec 21, 2013
    Friend gave me first dibs on his, he’s the second owner. MSRP of 329k, MY 2015, approx 11,000 miles. White with a full wrap, very good to excellent overall condition. He wants 315K, or he will put it on AutoTrader.

Wish I had the coin and the wife’s approval!

12. F12JAJ

F12JAJ Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    California
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    $329k stickler is a pretty basic built, but even with 11k miles being $15k below sticker is still a good deal.

13. F12JAJ

F12JAJ Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    California
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    $329k stickler is a pretty basic built, but even with 11k miles being $15k below sticker is still a good deal.

14. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Oh my would love to jump on that....any pics?

Sent from my 16M

15. tommygun888

tommygun888 Rookie

Dec 21, 2013
    I’ll try to get some photos of it. My other concern is that it doesn’t have a lift. I’ve thought about getting one installed - but I wonder if it would affect the warranty (I believe it’s a 7 year warranty, so until 2022). I know it’s been discussed before, but are there any other ‘must have’ items on a Speciale? The MSRP of 329k does seem a bit spartan compared to other builds I’ve seen.

16. F12JAJ

F12JAJ Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    California
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Mine didn’t have a lift either and it was a concern for me but I would say very small percentage of Speciales have lifts as it adds significant weight to the front and the car in general and it’s built as a light track car. I just installed skid plates and am being more aware now as I’ve been spoiled with a lift on my prior F car. As far as options, NART stripe or at least some other stripe is a must and as much CF as possible. The highest MSRP I’ve personally seen is $376k for a pretty much fully loaded car. I’ve also been told to stay away from leather interiors on Speciales for the same track focused reason that the car was built for. Having those items and lots of CF will add to the value and collectability of the Speciale.

458-Italia likes this.
  17. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Significant weight? You call 10 kg "significant"?

18. Clay512TR

Clay512TR Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2015
    Sammamish, WA
    Full Name:
    Clayton Lee Stephens
    Great list, let me add some other thoughts. I could not get my Speciale on my car lift without the front lift (and yes I have race ramps) and my driveway here in Surprise has a huge rain gutter lip which I think would hit the front every time without the lift system. It is a very functional option and I doubt the added weight would be noticed in even spirited driving. Also, check out the black roof option instead of a stripe. I personally like this option because it “lowers” the Speciale and I think it looks great with the right color. See the picture of mine in Argento with the black roof as an example. I agree on the leather and cf comments 100%. Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. F12JAJ

F12JAJ Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    California
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Yours looks great. The roof option with your color or Grigio Ferro would look amazing as well. Those full CF side nolders look great as well.

Clay512TR likes this.
  20. tommygun888

tommygun888 Rookie

Dec 21, 2013
    Love the black roof look! Totally agree that it adds a more aggressive, lower stance.

The car I’m considering does have a black stripe over white. I wonder how it would look if I wrapped the roof in black- which is easily reversible in case I get tired of it.

(Photo isn’t actual car, but it’s the same)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017

The lift is a desirable option; I would guess about 50-70% of Speciale have them. In terms of resale, the most important option is likely a stripe of some sort.

Look for utility options over carbon fiber. Carbon fiber is easy and not too expensive to add aftermarket. Not so much parking sensors, track cameras, lifter, etc.

Stripes are also an option that cannot be added after without torpedoing resale with a repaint. Vinyl will look okay in pictures, but will be painfully obvious and cheap looking in person.

22. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    The front lift (ELEV) is directly available from the factory (it is in their catalog), turnkey parts+installation is a about $11-$12K, your Ferrari dealer would install, zero impact on your warranty, I believe it comes with its own 12-month warranty.

And, for the past 18 months I would say the ratio of cars with ELEV for sale vs not is about 70/30, so not many have it from factory.

23. tommygun888

tommygun888 Rookie

Dec 21, 2013
    Thanks for the information. What’s your opinion on adding the lift if it didn’t come installed from the factory? Any chance it would hurt retail? I know that any interior work may hurt values down the line if a collector was interested.

24. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    I don’t think it will hurt the value at all. My 16M had a lifter installed of which I’ll have it removed.

Sent from my 16M

25. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Because it is a factory option, installed by a Ferrari dealer and it definitely adds value I see no reason it would harm resale at all, in fact, I 'think' I see Speciale's with the lift selling quicker than those without.

I know for many the lift is a 'must have' but interestingly, I have not spoken to a single Ferrari dealer when confronted regarding a car w/o the lift as being a major obstacle that they can install it. I think that is an opportunity lost (for those dealers). I only found out as I was looking through a recent Ferrari catalog of what can be added to out-of-production cars.