Drivers Door sticker, us imports only? | FerrariChat

Drivers Door sticker, us imports only?

Discussion in '308/328' started by Tonksy1, Sep 23, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tonksy1

Tonksy1 Karting

Jun 21, 2016
    New Zealand
    Hi Ferrari chatters. I'm currently in the process of repainting my lower door panels and I have a sticker on the tail end of the drivers door frame. I would like to take it off if this is not an important sticker, the car is no longer in the US and is a euro spec. is this only for cars that have been imported to the us?
    Picture attached.
    Any info would be great. Cheers
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Anything original from the car is valuable for the sake of keeping everything original. See if you can remove it without breaking and save it. I know it may not be useful or important to you as you can just get rid of it if you wish, but this is what I would do if that was my car.

JuLiTrO likes this.
  3. Tonksy1

Tonksy1 Karting

Jun 21, 2016
    New Zealand
    Thanks Mike. So are you saying this is a (factory) original sticker?used on all euro 308s.
    Or added once a car is imported to America.
    Cheers

4. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Not sure if it’s factory but it looks like what they use when the car was federalize to the US

5. ferrariowner

ferrariowner Formula 3

Feb 21, 2014
    Mansfield, TX
    Full Name:
    Ron
    This is the US DOT sticker that was applied to the car when it was imported into the US. You can remove it as long as you don't plan to ever re-import it back into the US.

6. Tonksy1

Tonksy1 Karting

Jun 21, 2016
    New Zealand
    I have removed the DOT sticker, came off clean using a heat gun.
    I will hold on to it for records and just in case the car ever goes back to the US.
    Thanks for the info.