Mick Schumacher | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Mick Schumacher

Discussion in 'F1' started by daytona355, Aug 23, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    True. Historically, most sons of famous F1 drivers have been decidedly average. The only true exception to this has been Max who is obviously a country mile better than his father ever was... On that basis, we should expect Mick to be less capable than his illustrious father. If he proves us wrong it will be a nice surprise, but sadly, I think the opposite is true - he will come into F1 with the majority of fans and commentators expecting him be a driving god, only to be bitterly disappointed when he turns out to be mortal after all.

2. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    So Damon Hill and Nico Rosberg pulled off the "follow in dad's footsteps" F1 Championships. Any similarities or contrasts on their racing career progressions worthy of mention? Slow starts in F3000 and then a sudden streak of wins?

Honest questions. I don't feel like going "wiki-smart" on this one and will defer to the more knowledgeable.

3. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    [​IMG]
    autosportdotcom Red Bull protege Dan Ticktum has expressed doubts about @fiaf3europe Championship rival Mick Schumacher’s recent upturn in form, but denied he is suggesting illegality.
    “Interesting is how I would describe their pace and I am confident many people in the F3 paddock will agree”
    -
    “I have huge respect for Mick who had dealt with a lot in the past few years” Ticktum Wrote. “ I am simply suggesting that it seems to have come from nowhere. I never said it was illegal.”

“Unfortunately however I am fighting a losing battle as my lat name is not Schumacher”

ATBNM3 likes this.
  4. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    He's placed 3rd or lower in the lower formula and karting. Hamilton gets no credit for his lower formula career and he literally won every championship in his first second year in all of them. I would expect Mick to at least be as good as Hamilton.

5. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ

Brits being butthurt about a Schumacher is nothing new.

6. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Why are you talking about Hamilton?

And you expect Mick to be at least as good as a 4x about to be 5x WDC? That makes no sense. This thread is about Mick Schumacher, there are countless ones where you can gargle Hamilton if you are so inclined

daytona355 and stavura like this.
  7. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    He's not that great and I don't understand the hype around him except for the fact that his father is Michael Schumacher. He hasn't prove to be that great of a race car driver to this point. I completely understood that hype around Max when he came into F1. But Until the last 6 races Mick has always been an also ran.

8. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    LOL this guy is seriously in love with Hamilton.

You say anything remotely negative about Hamilton and he (and his buddy ktu) will climb into you.

daytona355 and TifosiUSA like this.
  9. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Yes it is quite strange that overnight he has gone from being mid-pack to winning everything. It certainly does make me at least wonder what has changed so suddenly and whether it is the driver or the car.

ATBNM3 likes this.
  10. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    LOL yes he is a hardcore LH fanboy, that much is obvious. I never said anything about Hamilton in this thread. This guy comes in here and craps on Mick's stats then starts bringing up Hamilton for some reason. Found it funny.

No one is anointing him the second coming, what's with the hate? This thread was to follow his career. Seems like you are super insecure about another Schumacher making it into F1.

As for being "not that great" I would say watch out. He is about to win the F3 Euroseries championship. Did Max do that? Nope. Yet you understood the hype around him? You are not some scrub if you win that title. I'm betting he has a F1 seat in the next 3 years and from there anything is possible.

Gerhard Berger seems to think highly of him and Ferrari has said they would roll out the red carpet if he wanted to join their young driver academy. I trust these guys opinions over the keyboard warriors.

daytona355, stavura and Bas like this.
  11. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    He got his first win at Spa, may have been a breakthrough for him confidence wise

daytona355 likes this.
  12. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    So did Jacques Villeneuve. oh wait …...

13. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    If that dudes pissed because his last name isn’t Schumacher..... he’s in for an angry future when he finds out most kids that get in do so because they have a last name or they bring tons of money with them. But maybe his dad will buy him a seat, who knows. Of course the way he’s acting right now he may fit in perfect in F1.

14. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    i guess he learnt something from elton..."interesting tactics" anyone!!!

15. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    Mick Schumacher happy with Ferrari interest

SEPTEMBER 25, 2018

Mick Schumacher says he is happy with Ferrari's interest in his flourishing formative career.

After a moderate start, the 19-year-old's progress in European F3 is now in its highest gear as he dominates and now leads the championship with just one round to go.

The driver he has passed in the standings, Red Bull driver Dan Ticktum, is not impressed with Schumacher's sudden surge in form.

"It seems to have come from nowhere," he said. "Unfortunately I am fighting a losing battle as my last name is not Schumacher."

Schumacher, the son of F1 legend Michael Schumacher, brushed off Ticktum's scepticism, choosing instead to thank Ferrari boss Maurizio Arrivabene for his recent kind words.

Amid the young German's current winning streak, Arrivabene said "the door at Maranello is always open" to Schumacher's son.

"I always say he should have fun, stay focused and concentrated and grow up slowly but certainly," said the Italian. "Then we will see about the future."

Schumacher said Arrivabene's words are "very positive".

"It's nice to see that my performance is recognised, and if it's by a team like Ferrari, that's very nice. But to just be mentioned generally in the world of formula one is positive," he said.

Schumacher has been linked with Toro Rosso, but much more likely is that he will step into the paddock next year with a full-time Formula 2 seat.

He said of the future: "The focus right now is clearly on Formula 3. We are discussing it, but at the moment there is nothing fixed."

16. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Damon Hill was never a great racer. He was a great test driver and could be the fastest in qualifying. That's basically how he won his title by sitting in the best car.

Rosberg won his title similarly to the way his dad won: With a lot of luck and by being the last man standing. Could have easily gone the other way for both of them.

The true great is Jacqus Villeneuve who actually outdid his father who didn't win the title. Gilles was more spectacular but Jacques was more controlled and ultimately that's what brings you the title.

But for any Villeneuve there is another Lauda, Prost, Senna, Piquet etc who can't live up to his father's reputation.

PS: Of course there is the great Mad Max who already outdid his father. Can't wait to see more from him.

ATBNM3 and subirg like this.
  17. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Rosberg proved to be a match for Hamilton and even though his career went out on a whimper I think Jacques is seriously underrated.

daytona355, Jakuzzi, Bas and 2 others like this.
  18. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    Comparing what Mick is doing now to what his father was doing at his age is completely irrelevant as the game is totally different. I cannot stand these extremely young inexperienced drivers getting into F1 then wrecking the field every other race, which is what Max was and continues to do although not as severe. Fast kids, but literally insane, which was 100% due to his inexperience and age. Mick is doing very well and shouldn't be in a hurry to jump into an F1 seat, but when he does he needs to perform miracles in a small team to get noticed, it's no different for anyone else unless you're a Stroll and Daddy can buy a better team. Or you could be one of the individuals who will never see another Schumacher as good simply to justify the mental and possibly autistic struggle in just hating the Schumacher's as some inexplicably do.

As for the earlier chatter about Rosberg, my suggestion is to not engage certain people who just have an axe to grind against the Schu legacy as will do anything to justify their mental hatred of the man. Must be a form of autism.

daytona355, s-mario and Jakuzzi like this.
  19. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    While what assumptions... I supported Schumacher when he was at Ferrari. How little you know about me. Mick's record is not great at all, he's not even at Vettel level during his career in the lower formula and he's definitely not the second coming of his father Michael Schumacher. But then again neither was Michael's brother.

20. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Whether Mick is going to be a great F1 driver or not, he can't be as bad as Stroll...

daytona355, s-mario, furoni and 3 others like this.
  21. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    L O L ! !

daytona355 likes this.
  22. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Jacques hurt his reputation by hanging around for too long in crappy cars. And yes, he is seriously underrated. He had his father's talent AND his mother's cooler head. A great combo.

subirg and ATBNM3 like this.
  23. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Might be true, but they both suspiciously got a performance boost in their respective F3 seasons.

ATBNM3 and subirg like this.
  24. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Ticktum should not be allowed to race anywhere. Keeping that guy under RB makes me loose all respect for the team.

https://www.autosport.com/national/news/121941/ticktum-banned-for-disturbing-episode

Bas likes this.