NASA question | Page 2 | FerrariChat

NASA question

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by Ryan S., Aug 28, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
  2. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    SLUF is too kind for that monstrosity; TURD is more suitable. While the LM design may have won on technical merit, I still think that appearance entered into the decision as well. Fighter pilots would have puked at the sight of an "F-32".

3. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

The short, slow version of the A-8 Crusader

4. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
  5. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    That was part of the problem with the Boeing design: after building it, they discovered it didn't work as well as they expected, mandating the extensive redesign. Clearly the DoD didn't like that. You'll also note that Boeing had to do their VSTOL work at Pax River, near sea level, while LM was able to do theirs in the CA desert, where it was hotter and higher. Boeing's VSTOL setup was basically warmed-over Harrier technology, which was less risky but also less effective. This was less ugly than the prototype, but still no beauty.

6. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Thanks. I didn't know what that meant either. It was this guy for others curious: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robb_Kulin

I applied for Group 21 (not 22 like that guy) and was rejected first time around. I still have the official rejection letter and envelope. I need to get around to framing it and applying to Group 23 next time around. ;)

7. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Tango Uniform as well.

8. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
  9. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    This guy formerly worked at SpaceX. SpaceX now has a funded, manned lunar orbit mission profile in the works. Maybe they need lured him back?