buying a 458 Italia | FerrariChat

buying a 458 Italia

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by jomarti1, Sep 24, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jomarti1

jomarti1 Karting

Feb 27, 2017
    S. Florida
    Hello, I joined the forum some time ago, and love Ferrari for so many years. Come from Porsche 911 S 06, to Maserati Granturismo Sport 14,(both new, won't buy a Porsche again, and love the Maser.Great quality, and look/sound, ) and I have been interested in buying a California T. In the last few months, started to think, I can buy a 458 , and be happier. At this moment, I have the option of buying 458 Italia 2015 from a Ferrari Dealer. With around 7-8K miles. I drove few miles last week, and love it. Seems to be in excellent condition, inside and outside.Lots of carbon inside, and the color combo that I want. Car is under extended Ferrari warranty until Dec 2019, and powertrain warranty until Dec 2020. (great peace of mind). I already put some money to hold it for some days, until I have the chance to come back from work, . I'm a little concern about the Brake Discs. They seem with some marks on the front. However, I don't really know if this is normal, and I won't have to be concerned about it. Thoughts? I appreciate it.
    Jomarti1

bobbyd likes this.
  2. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Without photos of the rotors, it would be a WAG at best.

3. jomarti1

jomarti1 Karting

Feb 27, 2017
    S. Florida
    agree! hope to find some soon.

4. jomarti1

jomarti1 Karting

Feb 27, 2017
    S. Florida
    Sorry for the quality. first is Rear, second is Front.

5. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Best guess. Repeated heavy braking, possibly on the track. Replacement will be costly.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

6. Ash Patel

Ash Patel Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2015
    Stockholm, Sweden
    The rotor on the last pic seems just fine.

Go ahead and buy the car, drive it in CT off mode and you will have the most fun ever. Only thing that trumps the feeling is having sex with a really hot woman (not always though) ;)

7. BlueIn2Red

BlueIn2Red Karting

Sep 29, 2006
    Tring, UK
    Both discs look fine, although it's hard to be 100% sure from a photo, because the best way of telling is by feel - the disc should be smooth. If it's uneven, with pitted areas, it's bad news, as means the carbon ceramic is starting to break down.

8. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    As last two posts nothing looks unusual. Don't forget when buying even with service warranty get a PPI & get piece of mind! I have a 15 Italia and enjoy it very much.Have similar on mine, never tracked,no issues! Agree with above post regarding the ceramic dish being smooth

9. jomarti1

jomarti1 Karting

Feb 27, 2017
    S. Florida
    Thank you guys!!!