SIENA 2018 Italian Car Show | FerrariChat

SIENA 2018 Italian Car Show

Discussion in 'Las Vegas' started by 1Turbo, Sep 24, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 1Turbo

1Turbo Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2005
    LA$ VEGA$
    Full Name:
    Jimmy K
    It was on their calendar for October 7th. I called the Restaurant to verify and the girl said that it was cancelled for 2018. Anyone know why ? Not that my Gallardo was anything special, but I enjoyed viewing the Diablos, Murcis, Fcars and of course Antonio's stable ( Amazing collection ) .

2. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I don't know why but I guessed it was going to be cancelled. They used to send me emails months in advance asking me to be there.

IMO, it proved to be more pain in the ass than it was worth. It's a pity as it was growing every year. But, its also possible Towbin pulled it's support. The dealer used to send a good 7 or 8 cars there. I don't know but for sure, it's cancelled.

The food there is pretty darn good!

1Turbo likes this.
  3. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Interesting, I was looking forward to it.

1Turbo likes this.
  4. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    I always brought my car there and loved attending. It's the only local show I made sure I could make it. I hope it comes back in '19. I'd even pay an entry fee to support that show.

I received an email saying they didn't want to be a pain in the a@@ and be just another car show asking for support. They added a link to a youtube video thanking everyone who attended. I tried to link it to Rich but it came up as private.

1Turbo likes this.
  5. 1Turbo

1Turbo Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2005
    LA$ VEGA$
    Full Name:
    Jimmy K
    Well it is a shame that the show is cancelled. I had 20 friends/with kids that were going to attend. Potential future Exotic owners !

6. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane

I don't understand how difficult it would have been to just keep it as a simple get together like it always was. There is a restaurant and a parking lot, nothing else needed, we can park our own cars, we eat in the restaurant and everybody is happy. It would be no different than any other given day. There are thousands of restaurants and strip malls that do this all over the country. No need for any kind of support, staff, fundraisers, etc, that's all complicated anyway. Just my opinion.

7. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I have run events before. It always looks easy but its a PITA. I don't know but for whatever reason it may be it's just not worth all the effort.

8. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    I own an event company, I know that as well, my point was to not make it an "event". The place is open and the parking is there. A simple date was all that was needed, there's the "effort". More patrons for his restaurant on that day, win win for all. That is not difficult.

9. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I'm with you on that. I wish they kept it going. We don't have enough car events in Vegas and none for Italian cars now.

I have to say I really like this Deli and I never knew about it before these car events

10. 35550

35550 Rookie

Dec 10, 2007
    I have the space - no food on site but that can be handled with a food truck or two - willing to do it on a Sunday

Scaledetails and Lotaz like this.
  11. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    It seems to me like there's a car show every weekend. I see them on FB all of the time. Maybe it's just a perception. I never knew Sienna existed either until Rich recommended I attend. I'll still be a patron of the deli. Great authentic Italian food.

12. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Not a bad idea! There are other car shows but there needs to be one for exotics.

Scaledetails likes this.
  13. 35550

35550 Rookie

Dec 10, 2007
    lest do it! set a date and show up - simple