Sold - Unopened OPPO UDP-205 $2200 shipped in the 48 states. | FerrariChat

Sold Unopened OPPO UDP-205 $2200 shipped in the 48 states.

Discussion in 'Other Parts & Collectibles' started by David_S, Sep 25, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    I wanted one of these for quite a while. Oppo ceased regular production quite a bit ago. I put my name on the "waiting list" to get one from them 3 times.

LAST production run. I received my "invite link" to purchase, and JUMPED. That is after writing/griping at them that I'd sent in "please let me know when available" inquiries at each of the last 3 production runs...

Fast forward? Received my allocation on 9/21/2018.

Wife receives a bill for medical treatments related to a recent shoulder fracture... and insurance, for some reason is NOT gonna cover it.

Bottom line? By hook, or by crook, I need to sell my OPPO to help cover those costs.

If you're looking, you probably know what it is, and you know they are selling for $2500+ right now.

I'd post pictures, but it would just be of an unopened factory box. When I ship it out? I will put that entire box within an outer box, along with whatever cardboard is needed to surround it.

The $2200 price includes FedEx or UPS ground shipping to your location (within the 48 contiguous states) and a stated declared value (neither UPS, nor FedEx offer "insurance") of that $2200.

Just for an example? Here is a current ebay listing. Thought I'd offer mine on F-Chat for a more reasonable price that would still help me out.

https://www.ebay.com/p/OPPO-Udp-205-4k-Ultra-DVD-Blu-ray-Player/22002950958?iid=183439787965&chn=ps

2. Continental AutoSports

Sponsor

Aug 22, 2006
    Hinsdale, IL
    Full Name:
    Bobby Williams / Parts Manager
    I know this doesn't help your predicament but if I had $2200 to spend, this - with absolute certainty - would be my only purchase.

GLWS...this is a fantastic price and anyone who purchases it is getting a straight deal being that shipping is included WITH a declared value. I promise you if I come across $2200 in a relatively short time, you'll be hearing from me! :)

For those maybe unfamiliar with OPPO, consider it the Ferrari of Blu-ray/DVD players, bar none.

David_S likes this.
  3. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Many thanks for your "blessing." I'd say, in return? Cripes! I was born & raised in Illinois - spent more than a bit of time drooling over things in your Hinsdale store, but in the last years I was in Illinois, I was in Hanover Park, so spent more time drooling over the Lamborghinis down the road in Carol Stream...

Again, much thanks, and surely not trying to "rob"anyone - I kinda fought to but this, because I WANTED it, not to sell it. Seems like I need to sell it. :(

4. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Did I mention that my price is about $200 less than they are going for on eBay, AND I include free shipping?

Have some tire kickers on another site with interest, but I'm firm at that price & would rather sell it to a user here that I give more credence to than someone there. :)

5. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Genuinely curious , what makes this worth 10x (Or more) as much as a blu ray player you can get anywhere else?

6. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    That's a very valid question. For ME? I really wanted it for its audio capabilities. It place pretty much any kind of file, and has a very well engineered, balanced audio output. The facts that it also does 4k blu-ray, "dolby vision," and is built like a tank were just icing on the cake.

7. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Gotcha, looks like it's all discreet components, which is awesome. Something I look for in recording studio gear, was just unaware of the market for that in home theater. Hope you are able to sell (or even better, keep) it, looks very interesting.

David_S likes this.
  8. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    If anyone wants to keep track of selling prices of these? Mine ended up going for $2700 plus shipping on ebay. Would have been over a $500 savings for any F-chatter who wanted it here...

Will mark my item sold, as soon as I figure out how to do so. :)

9. Continental AutoSports

Sponsor

Aug 22, 2006
    Hinsdale, IL
    Full Name:
    Bobby Williams / Parts Manager
    Congratulations; the buyer got an absolute deal. My apologies that it didn't sell for more, it's worth every penny.