Windscreen Washer Pump | FerrariChat

Windscreen Washer Pump

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by raemin, Sep 11, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    Just to let you know that the infamous Marshall washer pump with a rubber turbine was produced till recently for the Peugeot Citroën C15 (reference : "Car Front Window Windscreen Washer Pump for Peugeot" ). The color is red instead of grey, but this is a direct swap and one could reuse the parts to rebuild the stock one if need be. $5 (shipped!) on bangood...

Note that this applies to the 400i, not sure about the others. For instance, the 365 uses another mechanism (the motor is fitted directly in the bag not behind the battery compartment).

2. Part Time

Part Time Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2013
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Full Name:
    Gary Shore
  3. Part Time

Part Time Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2013
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Full Name:
    Gary Shore
    Thanks, J-M....not exactly a perfect match, but for $5 it might be worth a try, we shall see !

Gary

PS: We had a Peugeot 404 when I lived in Orleans on the Loire River.

4. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    As I said: color is different, but motor and turbine can be swapped to rebuild the original one. This being said, your turbine looks quite good compared to all the ones I've opened so far!

5. Part Time

Part Time Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2013
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Full Name:
    Gary Shore
    How about that …...BACKORDERED !
    Oh well, no big deal, no urgent need.

Gary

6. Part Time

Part Time Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2013
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Full Name:
    Gary Shore
    And now my order has been canceled by Banggood….oh, well, I will check back with them in a few weeks to see if they re-stock the item.
    Thanks for the tip, I will try again !

Gary

7. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    It is also sold by Sud auto Pièces and Mister Auto. A bit more expensive but still quite affordable. These pumps were used by Fiat, Lada, Renault, Citroën and Peugeot. The Citroën C15 has survived for quite a few decades (till 2006), hence the part is easy to source. As you've noticed however these parts are "generic", so they are a few variations, but that's a direct swap. The funny pumping noise is definitively period correct...

8€ plus shipping : https://www.mister-auto.com/pompe-lave-glace/bolk-bol-1051bl_g794_a999BOL-1051BL.html?_t=default.

8. Tojo

Tojo Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2002
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Did you try again Gary? I ordered one through Bangood last night and got an email today to let me know it has been shipped out

Sent from my SM-G935F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

9. Part Time

Part Time Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2013
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Full Name:
    Gary Shore
    Tim...No , I never did go back and re-order, let us know how it looks/fits and I will try again, Thanks !

10. Tojo

Tojo Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2002
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I’ll send pics when it turns up!

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat