Ferrari 328 Thermostat switch 61931100 | FerrariChat

Ferrari 328 Thermostat switch 61931100

Discussion in '308/328' started by bamrongpol, Feb 10, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bamrongpol

bamrongpol Rookie

May 9, 2014
    Bangkok Thailand
    Full Name:
    Dumrong Bamrongpol
    Any one can supply us for Ferrari 328 Thermostat switch 61931100?

2. andyww

andyww F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2011
    London
    This is a completely standard part, A/C thermostat with capillary tube. It should be available from any A/C parts supplier and is not a Ferrari-only part.

You could also replace it with an electronic A/C thermostat. I did this but a modification is necessary to the unit because for some reason the compressor is switched to ground rather than switched to 12V.

3. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    Does anyone have a source for this part ? My capillary tube has been cut.
    Can the capillary tube be replaced or do I need an entirely new thermostat with attached capillary tube ?

Any help appreciated.

4. maurice70

maurice70 F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2004
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    maurice T
    I can't help you with a source but can tell you that if the capillary has been cut,you need a new thermostat.
    The capillary bulb holds a volatile liquid/gas in it,sometimes freon,and if the tube is cut,the liquid/gas will have leaked out

5. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    Maurice.

Thanks for your reply. This cut line occurred during some “professional” interior work.

I’ve had the thermostat, “tricked” to be on all the time, but after a Freon recharge, the pressure must have built up enough to blow a hole in one of the a/c lines. This occurred a year after the Freon recharge. My trusted mechanic tells me the compressor must cycle on and off to avoid building up pressure due to freezing up.

So, looking for a proper fix.