Camshaft part number location | FerrariChat

Camshaft part number location

Discussion in '360/430' started by Bwtyler85, Oct 1, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bwtyler85

Bwtyler85 Karting

Oct 25, 2015
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    Ben Tyler
    Does anyone know where the part numbers are located on the camshafts of the 360. The timing marks don't line up with the marks on the Cam caps of my 360 doing the Cam timing. There 90 degrees out to tdc on no. 1 cylinder. What to check that they haven't been swapped side to side

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

2. Bwtyler85

Bwtyler85 Karting

Oct 25, 2015
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    Ben Tyler
    Also why would some one swap camshafts left to right both intake and exhaust.

3. Mickster

Mickster Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2015
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Mikael Andersson
    Will the engine even run when doing that? Never heard of it and was sure they couldn’t be swapped between banks... I mean; fireing order and such would mess up.

Are you sure you have nr1 cyl at TDC (that would be the drivers side bank, closest to the driver, where you’re at) ?

4. Bwtyler85

Bwtyler85 Karting

Oct 25, 2015
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    Ben Tyler
    Yes I'm sure is correct no.1

Front right bank. Coil wires are tagged aswell with numbers 1-4 on right 8-5 on left

5. Bwtyler85

Bwtyler85 Karting

Oct 25, 2015
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    Ben Tyler
    It's very confusing what's going on with it.
    In the pic the white marks at 9 o'clock should be at 12 o'clock the engine is currently on tdc no.1 cylinder Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

cylinder # 1 would be PASSSENGER SIDE for Left hand drver car (such as those in USA and Canada)

or am I wrong?

7. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

i think you are looking at the wrong side of the engine. if you are looking the "timing mark" , is should be at the back of the engine. the pic shows the front of the engine

8. Bwtyler85

Bwtyler85 Karting

Oct 25, 2015
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    Ben Tyler
    I sit on the right side. And the marks are the same on the rear of the cams aswell.

9. Mickster

Mickster Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2015
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Mikael Andersson
    Ha ha, the OP’s an aussie. They drive on the wrong side of the road ;)

To the OP: This seems strange. They should line up if you’ve got nr1 at TDC. Could it be that you are on exhaust phase instead?
    I know it sounds silly, but.....

And the car was running perfect prior to dissasembly, I take it..?

10. Bwtyler85

Bwtyler85 Karting

Oct 25, 2015
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    Ben Tyler
    Was running prior and when no.1 is at tdc on either compression or end of exhaust the marks are either 9 o'clock or 3 o'clock. When marks are at 12 or 6 the piston is at bottom of stroke.

Just in process of timing the cams and so far only completed right bank intake. At tdc the measurement is bang on 1.66mm. This is with the scribe mark at 3 o'clock for my motor.

Yes everything is back to front here down under.

On another note was a good thing have changed the belts. The old ones where over 11 years old. Date on the belts 2007. Last changed back in 2008

11. Bwtyler85

Bwtyler85 Karting

Oct 25, 2015
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    Ben Tyler
    Well can say for what ever reason they used no.2 cylinder to do the timing from factory.
    Checked the timing of all 4 cams and are exactly what should be, no need to adjust the Cam gears.
    I guess will make a note and hopefully the next person doesn't have to have the same confused look on there face.