First time tracking 488 Spider + Video | FerrariChat

First time tracking 488 Spider + Video

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Bojote, Sep 30, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bojote

Bojote Rookie

Apr 22, 2018
    Doral, FL
    Full Name:
    Jesus A
    Got the car end of July (just a couple months ago), only 100 miles on it. Dealer organized a track event this last Saturday and decided to go and take the 488 for a spin. What an amazing experience is to drive the 488.

Just uploaded two short videos from the event, one with a helmet cam and the other with Harry's lap timer. Event was at Homestead Miami Speedway, organized by The Collection and Ferrari of Miami.

Enjoy.

Best Lap

Helmet View

tomc, klinkman and LVP488 like this.
  2. Michaelw488

Michaelw488 Karting

Mar 20, 2018
    Full Name:
    Michael W
    sure looks like you had a blast,I would love to take mine on track one day,it’s all about having fun. Enjoy!

3. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    The car is loads of fun at the track. How long does it take for Harry's to process your laps after you are done? I used it once and it just about burned up my phone.

4. Bojote

Bojote Rookie

Apr 22, 2018
    Doral, FL
    Full Name:
    Jesus A
    Its pretty quick, as long as you take the video in app. I once tried using the PIP / Multicam option and even the 'external' camera option with a Gopro and had probably the experience you are describing, a process that took forever and ended up taking all the phone battery.

As long as you use Harry's lap timer taking only video from the same phone I guess it will work fine.

5. arkone

arkone Karting

Nov 20, 2017
    Omaha, NE
    Full Name:
    Mo
    Awesome laps! BTW, what kind of watch are you wearing? Hublot or AP?

6. Bojote

Bojote Rookie

Apr 22, 2018
    Doral, FL
    Full Name:
    Jesus A
  7. arkone

arkone Karting

Nov 20, 2017
    Omaha, NE
    Full Name:
    Mo
    I own the same 44mm RG ROO but thank you for the link to the band. I need to get one! I just picked up a forged carbon diver as well from a good friend of mine. I love the rose gold but it's simply too heavy sometimes!

8. Wheelb

Wheelb Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 17, 2009
    Miami, Florida
    Full Name:
    Wheels Boutique
    We were at this event! What an amazing experience isn't it? Have been been to our showroom before? We're not too far from Doral. We'd love to have ya.

9. Bojote

Bojote Rookie

Apr 22, 2018
    Doral, FL
    Full Name:
    Jesus A
    I just noticed you were actually based in MIA. I might pay you a visit. Do I get a special discount for being a FerrariChat member? let me know.

I'm interested in HRE R101 Lightweights in satin black for my 488. Planning to do 245/35/20 & 355/25/21 on PZ4 Tires. I was about to ask my local shop, but if you give me an incentive (good price) I can be there monday to discuss.

Wheelb likes this.
  10. Wheelb

Wheelb Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 17, 2009
    Miami, Florida
    Full Name:
    Wheels Boutique
    I will 100% take care of you for being a FerrariChat member. Please call me whenever possible so we can coordinate a visit :) 786 249 0127 ext. 2109