380 mile Scud on Bring a Trailer | Page 2 | FerrariChat

380 mile Scud on Bring a Trailer

Discussion in '360/430' started by Matt Andrews, Sep 27, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    yup, this car is in search of a collection to call home...I'd venture the seller wants circa $300,000 for it. Perhaps one of the Scottsdale Auctions would be a good place for this...

2. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I couldn't disagree more. You could easily rack up a $100K bill on a car like a Scud requiring and engine/brake/cooling system rebuild due to it sitting for 10 years. What hourly rate does Ferrari charge nowadays? It's a crap shoot. You won't know til you get it home.

Looks like it's coming up $100K short of asking price.

Sky Hye likes this.
  3. Matt Andrews

Matt Andrews Formula Junior

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    I bailed at ~$195. I want to drive the car, so the difference between a 380 mile car and a 3,000 mile car is minimal. Its more than I will likely pay for the Scud I buy, but it was the "perfect" spec for me as the rosso scud, bronze wheels with stripe, and alcantara interior is exactly what I'm looking for. I do see asking prices that are high, but those cars are sitting. Knowing what the seller has in it, I don't think it will take as much to buy as some of you are suggesting.

But the problem for me, is that prices are all over the board on these cars. Take for instance this:
    https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/24811/lot/11/
    This is an actual sale. Not a lofty asking price with no buyer. very similar car. different wheel color, but does have the LED wheel.

I also know of a ferrari dealer retail sale at $160 for a car with 14k/mi, but no stripe.

There may very well be someone willing to pay $250 or $300k for a car of this spec. I just don't think the buyer pool is very big, so catching someone at the right place and right time is key.

just my 2 cents.

4. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    #29 freshmeat, Oct 4, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    Well, for starters that car is an 08 without the US Carbon Package, which includes front splitter, headlamps and rear diffuser.

As you can also clearly see from the engine bay photos, many of the carbon panels have gone kaput, most evident is the oil tank cover, airboxes are on their way out and the entire left length has already lost it's glossy sheen and it will soon milk up as well.

I also saw the car in person and noticed the roof upholstery in the cabin was sagging. And although it was a lower mileage car, the paint looked weary (lacked depth/shine) in numerous areas.

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  5. Matt Andrews

Matt Andrews Formula Junior

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    thank you for the feedback. I'll admit I didn't look for the other options and did not see the car in person.

And I was not suggesting that the $160k car was a museum piece nor would it be a comparable car to the BAT example. I do agree that its the low end. I was told that the car had good service history, clean carfax, and was a "driver" quality car.

Anyway, I'm back to hunting. I am looking for a car with solid service history and no stories. I am not looking to pay wholesale, but I also don't want to pay dealership retail either. :)

6. fc2

fc2 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Nov 2, 2006
    Silicon Valley Ca.
    Full Name:
    Frank C.

You're dead-on right about the EVAP system. When I bought my 16M, it was 2.5 years old and had 575 miles on the clock. As soon as I started driving it, CEL on the dash and a month at the dealer while they meticulously swapped out every part of the fuel system from the gas cap to the fuel pump. Thankfully, it was still under warranty and didn't cost me a cent, but not having the car for a month right after buying sucked big-time.

7. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    BS. There is no basis for that assumption, and if these cars actually required that much of an investment to get them into driving condition, they would sell at a discount, not a huge premium.

tonyswfla likes this.
  8. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
    How weird that such a low mileage car is in such poor condition. I wonder if all 300 miles were WOT

9. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Did this car sell for a premium?

10. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    It didn't sell bc the reserve wasn't met, as is often the case for auctioned cars.