Sold - 1993 Ferrari Mondial T Valeo | FerrariChat

Sold 1993 Ferrari Mondial T Valeo

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by alexion, Jul 19, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    1993 (last year of production for the Mondial)

VIN#ZFFRK33A9P0095533
    Mileage: 25,300
    Price: $63,995
    • 379 t cabriolets produced for the North American market

• It is believed that 18 Valeo equipped examples made it to the North American market and less than 30 equipped examples worldwide through researching the Raab files, though actual numbers are unknown.

• Clean Car Fax, service records dating back to 2008. Current owner since 2012.

• Tubi Exhuast and Free flow cats.
    The "Valeo system", that electronic system that takes the place of your leg and the clutch pedal. Let's call it the first half of the Formula 1 System. It was melded with the standard shift gate operation of normal "standard shift" gear changes.

As for the factory single disc clutch, the standard transmission and its synchros, it's all factory standard.

Recent service highlights:

Spring 2017
    • Valeo ECU rebuilt and parameters reset by Dave Helms of Scuderia Rampante
    Spring 2016 and approximately 1500 miles ago the following services were performed
    • Engine out major service
    • CV boots rebuilt
    • Steering rack boots replaced
    • Adjustable shock actuators and gears replaced with metal as a permanent solution to the factory plastic gears.
    • Respray of the rear bumper after filling and sanding two small chips.
    Within the last 5000 miles:
    • Clutch replaced
    • Two engine coils replace

Ownership history:
    I've owned since October 2012 at 19k miles.

Current Issues:
    Seatbelt mice are currently inoperable. Driver side does not fully retract, passenger side stays fixed in place. A second, fixed connection can be used to buckle the seatbelt properly.

There is a slight pulsation from the front brakes under heavy braking. The rotors likely need to be turned as there is plenty of meat left on the pads and rotors.

Leather boot is missing one tenax clip.

Alignment is slightly off.

Rubber molding on passenger side convertible top is cracked.

The car runs and drives excellent. It always starts right up is runs perfectly smooth. It sounds great, is very powerful and turns heads everywhere. The Connolly leather smells great as does the exhaust making for an absolute joy to drive.

Provenance:

http://alexachua.com/forza_2012.pdf

http://www.finecars.cc/en/detail/car/22543/index.html

The Ferrari F40 presented here is the unique F40 Valeo commissioned by Gianni Agnelli, the late head of the Fiat empire. Agnelli was a huge Ferrari lover and he owned many special cars over a period of nearly 40 years. These included a special 375 America, one of the two 365 P “Tre Posti” and a one-off Testarossa Spyder. This car, chassis number 79883 is another “Agnelli Speciale” and is fitted with a Valeo electronic clutch system which had been developed and proven in the Lancia Delta Integrale rally cars, as well as a few Mondial cabriolets and coupes. Agnelli’s left leg had been weakened in a road accident and the system takes away the need for a clutch pedal. Valeo uses the normal gear lever which, when moved, sends signals to a master control unit and then to the clutch actuator motor which engages or disengages the clutch in less than 100 milliseconds. Built-in safety features stop the car being started in gear and prevent the driver selecting too high a gear or too low.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4519537

Lancia used the Valeo system to win back to back championships in 1989:

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/archive/article/july-1989/42/lancia-eases-strain

eBay listing with additional pictures: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1993-Ferrari-Mondial/302807684514?hash=item4680be95a2:g:G78AAOSwC-JbQ7v2&vxp=mtr

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    Weekend bump for a well sorted Valeo T!

alexion and 19633500GT like this.
  3. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    Thanks! Pretty quiet here otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
  5. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Wasn't thus for sale some time ago? This will be the one car at this price we will wish we had in a collection. Due being the first in a new type of transmission that a
    Came from F1 advancement and paved the way for current Padle shift. Unique.

6. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    Yes, it was for sale while it was in Colorado having the Valeo ECU rebuilt by Dave Helms. I took the listing down because I only had a few pictures at the time. I’ve since relisted it since it’s Home with me and I was able to take ample pictures and properly advertise it.
    It’s a great car!

7. gsfent

gsfent Formula 3

Nov 16, 2009
    PB County, Florida
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Why not BaT instead of eBay? The potential buyers (and commenters) can be a bit picky, but much more knowledgeable folks and it seems way more folks with the $$$ to actually buy the car when the auction ends.

Regards,
    Jerry

8. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    I considered BaT, but there were a couple of things I didn’t like. The first is their wanting a reserve to guarantee a sale. That’s great for them - not so much for me. Given the rarity of the car, I don’t know how it will do and I don’t want to take a gamble. I believe this Car appeals to a specific audience and it’s hard to guarantee they will be bidding when it goes for sale. The second thing I noticed on a couple of recent auctions, and most relevant, the 348 auction, was that bidders held off. Once the auction ended a couple of buyers sent their contact information in hopes of making a deal afterwards. They said they missed the auction but still wanted to purchase the car. If buyers hold out and make side deals, how do we determine the true market?

9. gsfent

gsfent Formula 3

Nov 16, 2009
    PB County, Florida
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I agree about the reserve. Since you are not a car dealer, you need to set one that you are comfortable with.

I see some folks go around BaT (or eBay), but not often. On BaT, I am sure they are trying to save the 5% buyers fee. But some strong sales just this week and people are bidding in the open.

Good luck!!!!

Regards,
    Jerry

alexion likes this.
  10. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    With the $81,000 sale today, it might be worth a try.

gsfent likes this.
  11. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I think that was a 600 mile car though.

12. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    Thanks for the edification. Mine's a 25k mile car that is 4 model years newer, the last model year made, and a Valeo.

My current asking price is over $20,000 less than that one sold for with the buyers premium.

13. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    I'd say it's a good price given the rarity. How many of these Valeo did they make?

14. ChicagoFerrari

ChicagoFerrari Karting

Dec 19, 2013
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Sean
    There were only 18 brought to the US. I also have one of them. Amazing car that drives as advertised and shifts incredibly fast and smooth.

15. lenoroc

lenoroc Rookie

May 15, 2014
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    JV
    im interested if still available.pls PM

16. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    Still available folks.

17. HkPlinker

HkPlinker Rookie

Feb 19, 2006
    Southern Miss
    Full Name:
    Mark Livingston
    Interesting car . . .

18. Cadillacbart

Cadillacbart Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    John
  19. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    Bump for the homestretch. Just under 3 hours to go.

Someone give this well sorted Valeo a good new home!

20. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    Car is still available with a lot of after the fact interest.

Make me an offer.

21. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    Price reduction: $53,995

22. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    I have another car coming and need the space.
    Great opportunity to get a lot of car.
    Taking offers.