Ferrari of New England | FerrariChat

Ferrari of New England

Discussion in 'New England' started by ronfrohock, Oct 5, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    I have to share that I’m disappointed with FofNE.

I just called to schedule my annual oil service and brake fluid flush for next week as asked for a courtesy car for the day. (I live about an hour and a half from them and it’s a pain in the ass to get my car there.)
    Apparently they don’t provide courtesy cars however they will “rent” me a car for the day. I think this is a bad policy.

I purchased
    the car there and have had them service my car almost exclusively over the years being faithful to them, supporting their organization while spending may thousands of dollars on service.

So I can either rent a car for the day or choose to bring my car to a competitor who is more accommodating. I won’t rent on principle so I guess it’s time to move on....
    Hell, even Volkswagon provides courtesy cars.
    Is this a policy that is consistent with all EBjr dealerships?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. dailyferraridriver

dailyferraridriver Formula 3
    Owner

Nov 12, 2010
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I have yet to find an exotic dealership willing to give a rental car - I assume they all think we have more than one vehicle. I have been offered a ride home. Generally speaking on a larger service they may tow the car in on a flatbed or enclosed trailer. Other options are to Uber to a mall or something to kill time if it's a quick service.

Erik

3. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    Its not that I don’t have another car, I have seven. It’s more about convenience. I live an hour and a half from them. A brake fluid flush and oil change is a three hour job. Certainly a day job.
    Hell, I’m driving a loaner from Wagner BMW right now as my DD I s being serviced and Range Rover of Norwood which is a mile from FofNE comes to pick up my wife’s truck and drops off a loaner when it needs service.

I think this is bad policy and a failure to accommodate and recognize the needs of their customers.

I wasn’t looking for an exotic, just something to get me to work and back for the day.

4. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    I think they have like two Maserati Ghiblis in their "fleet" ... usually they would just have their driver -- nice old guy -- take me down to Rhode Island in a used Quattroporte and pick me up when the car was done.

5. PappyDewBoston

PappyDewBoston Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2018
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Chris Nadeau
    I agree that sucks. First dealer in 10 years I can’t grab a loaner. BMW Audi Mercedes all have fleets. McLaren sends a flat bed

Thanks
    Chris
    2014 458 spyder

6. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Been using FofNE for years and also live about 90 min away in Springfield area. Have never gotten a rental car either. Not a huge deal IMO. I like the fact I can leave the car there for weeks in the winter as they never rush me to pick it up.

I usually rent one way from Nationwide. Costs a few bucks but service is free so I’m good with it. If I’m really lazy I have Victor pick up my car enclosed for $600 but that’s throwing away money.

Not sure where you live but if you’re like me Miller is the other dealer. That’s a solid hour 45 min drive and traffic can be brutal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ronfrohock likes this.
  7. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    Thanks. FofNE is closer.
    I liked the fact that they originally sold the car and had almost always maintained it. I have a binder full of their receipts and the mechanic that has done most of the service is still there.
    Maybe I’ll just try to arrange rides or suck it up and rent a car for a day. I just don’t understand why they don’t offer courtesy cars when everyone else does.

8. spider348

spider348 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    FoNE is also a Maserati dealer. Do they provide a loaner for Maserati service? To compete with Benz, BMW, Lexus I would assume they would have to at least provide comparable service!
    I use Tony Fernandes, Autohaus of Boston, in Braintree. Former FoNE tech with all the factory certs. Reasonable and good service. No loaner available. Use Uber or my wife will drop me off if available.

9. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    A good way to sell a car is to give a good customer i.e. one with money, a courtesy car something that you think he or she may be interested in but has never driven before.
    On a smaller financial scale I have a
    Subaru for my daily driver and even Subaru will give me a loaner any time I drop my car off or service even if it is just for an oil change.

10. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    I agree with the sales technique.
    My 5 Series has been at the dealer for the past two weeks and they gave me a 440M Sport to drive. It’s a very nice car. I’m n0t interested in buying it but it has got me to think about buying something new.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

11. XJRS Owner

XJRS Owner Karting

Aug 20, 2009
    Northern CT
    I would never expect an exotic car dealer to provide a loaner. Lesser brands, yes. Don't use luxury brand metrics to measure your expectations for exotics like Ferrari, Lamborghini, Aston Martin, etc.

12. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    Agreed, and regardless on how much one has spent.
    I would think that dealer must shuttle cars often, how about they shuttle yours but for a nominal surcharge if you are out of their normal range?

13. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    Ferrari roadside -- I think this is still free annually if you have their app regardless of whether the car is under warranty or not -- will pick up the car and deliver it to your closest Ferrari dealer for free. That came in handy when I was having issues with my California's convertible top, I would call roadside and tell them that the roof was stuck partially open etc. and they would approve it and Sean would send Vee down with the flatbed to pick it up (he is their regular flatbed guy). Then he would send the dealership's driver -- George -- down to pick me up when it was ready -- this was when I was in Rhode Island and an hour away. It was handy to have some sort of issue that roadside would handle if it coincided with the annual service. More often than not I'd just enjoy the drive up there. But they can take forever to turn the cars around. The one time I got a loaner it was in December and most of the Ferraris were already off the road and in their storage facility. And during the spring, it's a total circus trying to get all those cars out and serviced for the driving season, so patience is definitely required.

They are a Maserati dealer but have very little in the way of loaners, and I think they are pretty much always out with the Maseratis ; )

I agree on using Tony at Authohaus, he was probably their best trained and most experienced tech at the time -- their other really good tech went to Aston Martin in Waltham a while back with the former service manager. Anything I needed that did not require warranty service or scheduled maintenance, I would take to one of those guys, more so Tony for the California because presumably he is more factory trained on the newer cars but Waltham did a nice job with my former F430.

Nospinzone, redcarz and ronfrohock like this.
  14. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    Thanks for taking the time to offer your thoughts. I appreciate it.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

15. 02360spider

02360spider Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dartmouth
    Full Name:
    Richard oliveira
    Aston martin new england also has no loaner cars good think enterprise picks up lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

16. vvvmd

vvvmd F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2003
    close to the Hub
    Full Name:
    Victor Villarreal
    I wont use FoNE. They had my car for over 18 months after an accident and some transmission issues. I kept asking them to help me with a diminished value claim. Their service manager told me to sell the car before the carfax came out and not disclose the damage. When I took delivery of the car I noticed that one of the fins on the diffuser was broken. They sales manager had the balls to tell me thats the way the car came in! the diffuser was one of the parts replaced because of the accident.

ronfrohock likes this.
  17. InlineSixx

InlineSixx Karting

Apr 23, 2015
    Nashua, NH / Newport, RI
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I don't see why anyone would use FoNE. Few perks, high rates, no willingness to accommodate the customer and worst of all, no accountability when something goes south? F**k that. If you have an indy shop that knows what they're doing at a fraction of the cost, you are golden. It's why so many in NE went to see Dave and why many are now going to be seeing Haleem now that Dave has relocated south.

ronfrohock and Laserguru like this.
  18. TM328

TM328 Karting

Jul 26, 2004
    New England
    #18 TM328, Oct 28, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
    Had FoNE do my belt service. They had the car for a month, put a chip on the rear fender that was clearly from working on the engine and then told me it was a rock chip from driving. Also, the entire time the window was left open inside the shop and had lots of dust and small debri inside.
    Then just the simple fact they are not accommodating and act like you are annoying them just trying to coordinate a service. Hell, a loaner from them is a pipe dream. Maybe you wait for a simple service and then go check out the showroom and get met with locked cars and no sales person willing to leave their office to help you because they are too busy trying to look busy.
    Miller on the other hand has everything open and a totally relaxed sales person available if you need them.

lucky6600 and ronfrohock like this.
  19. j34

j34 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 13, 2019
    USA
    Full Name:
    J
    I too have had a terrible experience with them. My gas gauge doesn’t work on a 2018 812S that I bought with only 900 miles on it. I’ve given it to FNE multiple times for days and they never even started working on it each time. They refuse to believe the gas gauge is busted when it’s trivial to reproduce. This is the third time they’ve taken one of my cars for days to just let it sit there and do nothing. I’m completely done with them. I understand Ferrari values exclusivity, etc. but not caring about the customer experience whatsoever is ridiculous.

20. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Contact Joe Weiners. The new service director. He is getting their sh$* together over there....he went above and beyond to resolve my GTC problem....

Joe Wieners

Service Director

Phone: 781-619-6956

Fax: 781-619-6954

Email: [email protected]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. InlineSixx

InlineSixx Karting

Apr 23, 2015
    Nashua, NH / Newport, RI
    Full Name:
    Rick
    For what it's worth, I have had nothing but happy customers who have decided to stop by my shop. A few have come over from FoNE - anyone who wishes can message me for more information as I don't feel comfortable putting my place out there. We've done great from word of mouth alone and plan on doing more advertisement outside of Prancing Horse, local Cars n Coffee, etc..

22. cwazyeurodrivr

cwazyeurodrivr Karting

Mar 12, 2017
    Bedford, NH
    I brought my 18 GTC4Lusso there for service in April, When I called the end of March and said I wanted annual service , summer tires put back on , 4-wheel alignment, software updated , brakes checked etc . I got the " no problem Mr. XXXX, we'll take care of it on that day" 3 weeks later I drove the car the 1hr 45 mins down there. It was there for 4 days I didn't hear from them. So I called asked what the status was " oh we haven't gotten to it yet , Maybe middle of next week". I called the dealer where I purchased it Miller Motors , Asked them if it should take that long , the service advisor said " Mr. XXX, we would have sent one of our trucks to your home to get it and brought it back to you completed in 3 days, the very very max 4 days. Do you want us to go get it? I see you also need 2 recalls done to it " . I said " YES come and get it ! "

I ( one of my sales reps picked me up and drove me to the office because I was expecting to pick up my car that day ) so I got an uber from the Waltham office, to FoNE that afternoon. I walked in said give me my key, they asked why, I said " because Miller is sending a truck to get my car and will have it returned to me withing 3 days with everything I want AND they are bring me a loaner car F-this place never again " . I walked out and 7:30am the next morning the driver of the truck was calling me saying he was less than 5 minutes away from my house . Pulled in unloaded Levante S , handed me the key , I handed him my key, he walked around my car inspected it for damage before he got into it , took pictures of every panel. Said looked good. Loaded it up. Then threw my summer tires in the truck , and I signed the work order, off it went.

Next morning I got a call from their tech working on my car , said everything looked normal but might want to think about rear brake pads before winter or sooner if I drive it often. I asked about the front pads he said they were down to a 3rd but looked OK, told him that from April to first snow fall I drove it daily, and if you have both front and rear pads in stock go a head and throw them on please. He said no problem, I'll get right on it , while all the software is updating I'll do the brake pads . 5:30pm that same day, the service manger was calling me saying the car was ready , being spring cleaned as we spoke, and will be on the truck tomorrow to head back to me , and where would I like it dropped off. I asked if it was possible to go into Boston with their truck he said " Absolutely ", told him the address to the office I was going to be working out of the next day, I'd make sure the loaner was filled back up to 1/2 like I got it. ( I filled it to 3/4).

While he was on the phone with me he e-mailed me the invoice , stated that he did NOT charge me for the labor of putting the brake pads in , since the tech did the work during the 4 hours of software updates were happening, only charged me for front, rear pads parts and cleaning supplies and alignment & winter/summer tyres swapped, Ferrari took car of the oil change, brake fluid flush, coolant flush, power steering flush, Fuel, air and pollen filters changed , software updates, 3 recalls , and because I purchased it at Miller, the spring cleaning/quick detail was no charge as well. I gave him my credit card #, he e-mailed me a paid receipt .

11am next day, same truck driver called me , saying he was 15 minutes away , truck pulled up, double parked on the street, while he was unloading my car,I went to the garage and got the loaner car. We went over the invoice with me asked me to walk around the car with me , said it looked good . Signed the paperwork, credit card receipt and we exchanged keys and took drove it into the parking garage, noticed 2 bottles of water labeled with " Miller Motors " with a hand full of mints in the storage bin with a hand written thank you note from the tech with his e-mail address if I had any questions. I drove it home and felt new again . I also noticed Miller didn't charge me to dispose of the worn out winter tyres.

I called Miller again this past Friday asking them if they had any deals on winter tyres because I didn't want to deal with FoNE again for winter tyres. They said not yet but I can e-mail you when we have them in stock. This morning , e-mail from him saying the tyres would be in stock this week and the pricing was $55/each LESS than tirerack.com , I responded saying ' works for me , when do you want it ? " I then got a call from him asking when they could send the truck to pick it up , and that there would be no charge to do so WITH a loaner car. I told him end of next week would work and I'd be able to drop if off because I have to be in CT anyhow for a meetings for 3 days. He suggested I could I drop off the car , take the loaner to the meetings and he'd make sure the car was done the next day for me to pick it up and he'd ship the summer tyres to my house via UPS if they weren't worn out . I said no toss them out , there is 26K on them time for new ones in the spring.

So all in all I couldn't ask for better customer service, I hope this new service manager at FoNE changes that place because my 1st and 2nd visit to them was a disaster .

I couldn't ask for better service from a dealer.

tomc likes this.
  23. InlineSixx

InlineSixx Karting

Apr 23, 2015
    Nashua, NH / Newport, RI
    Full Name:
    Rick
    cwazyeurodrivr,

Sounds like the exact same service we're providing, except we just happen to be 10 minutes south of you. Thanks for sharing your feedback regarding Miller.

24. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Miller is good, but expensive.

Ask my client about the $800 charge to reattach the passenger side mirror on his F430...:eek:

There's good and bad both ways.

25. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    Great account. I have been told Miller will only pick up and deliver if you bought the car from them, wonder if that is still the case?

Were you surprised you needed pads after 26k miles? What did they run for the set? Is it common for the rear pads to wear faster than the fronts on the Lusso?