Updating Bose | FerrariChat

Updating Bose

Discussion in '612/599' started by icelander47, Oct 4, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. icelander47

icelander47 Karting

Sep 12, 2012
    Is it possible to find out if there were any map or software updates for the Bose unit? Would appreciate the advice

Makuono likes this.
  2. Makuono

Makuono Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2014
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
    I'm afraid not.

Some time ago I have sent an email to BOSE asking if there were navigation updates for my 08 BOSE.
    I received the following reply:

Thank you for your message.

We are sorry to inform you that Ferrari had decided back in 2008 to not invest in further updates on the system or the navigation software. Therefore you will not find any provider for a more up-to-date version of the navigation information. Since Bose is only the system supplier, we have to adhere to the decisions of our immediate customer, Ferrari in this particular case.

We regret for not having a more positive response and hope for your understanding nevertheless.

Kind regards

Bose Automotive GmbH
    Customer Support Team Europe

Anyhow I usually use waze on my phone as primary navigation tool - which I find much more reliable than any car navigation system.

It would be good to have apple car play though, but the Scaglietti came many years before apple invented it...

3. DZ-96

DZ-96 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2010
    South Germany
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Throw out this crap.

Daniel

4. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I like the Bose system. Sure, the maps are a bit out of date, but as was pointed out above Waze is much better anyway.

5. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Newport Coast, California
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    Agreed. I don’t use the navigation system in any of my cars including the Porsche with Apple play and the current generation Mercedes S class. My phone works great for that.

So the stereo is back to being what it was originally intended to be, which is a stereo. I find the Bose system great as that and wouldn’t want any upgrade. I also like the lifetime XM radio connection. Sounds great in the car.

6. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Wait, what? What "lifetime XM radio connection?" I've been paying for XM in my 612 since the trial ran out in 2009! Am I missing something?

7. MoeD

MoeD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 1, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Moe D
    Yes, my thoughts exactly! What lifetime connection??

8. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    My 07 came with lifetime free XM that was transferable to subsequent owners. I believe it was part of the launch of the Bose radio system in the car. My car is a pre OTO but it was special ordered by the original owner. So I am not aware of the details.

I just know I get free XM which is great because a lot of places I drive have poor regular radio reception and I have never bothered with regular radio since I got my 612.

9. MoeD

MoeD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 1, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Moe D
    Could we all have the free XM but be unaware? That would be nice...

10. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    The way to tell is the car worked with it when you received it, it is still going, and you never get a bill. :)