New owner of a 2001 550 and looking to recreate my Window Sticker... | FerrariChat

New owner of a 2001 550 and looking to recreate my Window Sticker...

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Deemer, Oct 8, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Deemer

Deemer Rookie

Aug 29, 2016
    Hi,

Long time viewer first time post for me. I just picked up a 2001 550 Maranello to add to my 1985 308 GTSi Euro. Childhood dreams come true for me. My 550 did not come with the window sticker and I was wondering if those out there who had their Window stickers could help me estimate the original window sticker. So I have the options list and if someone had the base price and others who have similar options could add the values I might be able to get close. Thank you in advance for any information provided.

Here is what the Ferrari Dealer can provided from the build. This is just a direct transcription. Not sure if some of these are standard no cost while others where additional cost.

Base 2001 Maranello Price: ?
    Options:
    - INTC Internal Colors Beige 4208
    - EXTC External Colors Rosa Corsa DS 322
    - CRPT Carpet Colors Castoro 172 (Light Brown)
    - CALR Red Brake Calipers
    - LOGO 'Scuderia Ferrari' Shields
    - RUF2 Diamond Pattern Headliner Beige 4208
    - SHF1 Leather Rear Shelf (diamond pattern) Beige 4208
    - STC1 Coloured Standard Stitching Rosso (Red) 0504

Thanks,
    Deemer

2. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I can reconcile a few of these for you when I get a chance:

- red brake calipers
    - shields
    - stitching

Going to guess the only additional cost items are the diamond elements, hopefully somebody like LarryH can chime in on those for you. Both of our cars are '01 in case the option pricing changed throughout production.

Congrats! Let's see some pictures.

-Joe

3. Deemer

Deemer Rookie

Aug 29, 2016
    Joe,

Great thank you I would appreciate anything you can share. I need to get some proper pics and will load them to my computer. I love my 308 as it was the car that made me fall in love with Ferrari as a kid. A neighbor of mine had a 275GTB so I am partial to the front engine V12 car Ferrari's and the 550 confirms it for me. So drivable. I have already taken it out everyday but storms the next few days so will park it for now until it clears up this weekend.

Cheers,
    Deemer

4. vee12

vee12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2008
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Les
    From my 2001 550's window sticker delivered to Ferrari of Beverly Hills;
    BTW, my car has red calipers and there was no additional charge for those.

Base Price $205,840.00
    Prep/Delivery 450.00
    Gas Guzzler Tax 7,700.00
    Daytona Seats 2,192.00
    Fire Extinguisher 501.00
    Fiorano Handling 3,109.00
    Scuderia Shields 1,447.00
    Modular Wheels 2,364.00
    Headliner 250GT 1,074.00
    Rear Shelf 250GT 1,647.00
    All Stitching in Colour 287.00
    Dedication Plate 294.00
    Total MSRP $228,255.00

5. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    They were part of the Fiorano Handling Package.

6. Deemer

Deemer Rookie

Aug 29, 2016

Awesome! Thank you so much for this information. Looks like you have some very nice options. While mine has red brake calipers it does not have the Fiorano package. Regardless I am loving this car. Think I have driven it roughly every other day since it arrived. So easy to live with compared to my 308. The 308 is an event to take out with warm up time, roof removal, 10 point turn to get out of the garage and driveway thanks to no power steering, car flexing over every bump...hahahahaa. This one just crank and go (ok let it warm up a bit but not 10min). Two unique experiences but I am loving the 550. Enough power to be fun. I am no racer so these GT cars are perfect for me.

Thank you again for the information.....now if I could just figure out how to post pics? I don't use Flicker or FB or Insta so need to research this so I can share.

7. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Corroborative evidence:

Red Brake Calipers $738.00
    Scuderia Ferrari Shields $1,447.00
    Piping in colour upon request $566.00
    Modular Wheels $2,364.00
    Stitching in Color $287.00

-Joe

8. Deemer

Deemer Rookie

Aug 29, 2016

Perfect. My Red Brake Calipers were an additional cost so that helps. Crazy how much the shields were but they were less common. For my education the Modular Wheels are the ones like on the Barchetta? I have the standard.

9. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Yessir, same as the Barchetta wheels. Become more popular on Maranellos in ‘01 - so a pre ‘01 delivered with modular wheels is quite rare.

That said, your 5 spokes are clean and classic!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. Deemer

Deemer Rookie

Aug 29, 2016

Very nice. I am happy with the standard but I enjoy understanding the history of these options. Now days seems most cars are customized to some extent but back in the 90's and early 2000 it was certainly less common. It was in researching the 550 I that the factory order shields sit in an impression in the fender. So now when I look at cars of that era I am always looking at that particularly when the build sheet is not available. All part of the fun of the hobby.

I have the diamond stitch rear shelf and headliner but feel like someone on this forum has the transmission tunnel covered in diamond stitch leather? I need to sift through this site to find that.....and how to load pictures without a URL.