How well would Hamilton do in the Schumacher/Hakinnen period? | Page 9 | FerrariChat

How well would Hamilton do in the Schumacher/Hakinnen period?

Discussion in 'F1' started by ren0312, Sep 16, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

If the point is valid in both threads, then why not? (Although I'm used to a better effort from this particular poster. :()

Points for turning laziness into a win, I think.o_O

If it was an advert, it'd be a different story.

D

2. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

OK, it's your call.

I have seen some other forums being literally paralysed by participants using copy and paste.

3. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Doesn't happen here much. In fact, in the 1,000,000 posts that I've been here for, I think this is the 1st time I've seen it. Of course Sid would be the 1st. :D

D

daytona355 likes this.
  4. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    No, ATBNM3 did that a few times and I do not remember anybody complaining back then ;)

daytona355 likes this.
  5. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Don't wanna be acused of copy paste but..ELTON SUCKS!!!!

stavura likes this.
  6. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Hamilton is copying and pasting last year's F1 title

7. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    My post is relevant to both threads, and it’s up to me if I want to post in either or both. Why should I rewrite the same thing over and again..... it’s not a personal post about you is it?

Spirit of this forum..... like the one about Schumacher deserving to be permanently disabled, despite this being a pro-ferrari board? Short memory, thought you had me on ignore?

8. sammysaber

sammysaber Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2011
    Hmm..not sure either...and also not sure of this point below as well :

Maybe we should set a poll asking whether copy/pasting or your statement is not "in the spirit of the forum" ....

In the spirit of the forum, perhaps we shouldn't set up a poll to find out.

Best,
    Sammy

daytona355 likes this.
  9. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Hey,

I already covered this topic.

You're being redundant.

Lemme repeat that in case you missed it.

You're being redundant.

Get it? :D

D

tifoso2728 likes this.
  10. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    When I replied, I didn’t see that you had done anything..... no ones ever made me redundant, I’ve always been the boss! Get it? Hehehe

11. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Quick question, what was lacklustre about the post....I thought I made a valid point comparing the two drivers in question, how I see the difference. It was much shorter than it was going to be in my head, granted.

12. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

I have ZERO issues with the re-quote, or the content. :D

D

daytona355 likes this.
  13. Blackmamba

Blackmamba Karting

Jun 17, 2016
    Vettel in a faster car 2 years in a row is being beaten by a driver who “sucks”, what does that make Vettel? He must be the worst multiple champion there ever has been. Embarrassing for him really.

ktu and william like this.
  14. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    The ferrari hasn’t been the faster car for two years, just for a few early races of this year, Mercedes is still the fastest car.

NEP and fil like this.
  15. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

At the moment, Ferrari couldn't even organise a piss-up in a brewery, even less win a championship.
    The rot goes deeper than just blaming Vettel.

Blackmamba likes this.
  16. Blackmamba

Blackmamba Karting

Jun 17, 2016
    Marchionne had this to say after the 2017 season;

So we have done well given our starting point but we were unable to finish the task.

"It's a 2018 objective now. We regret not having done better, but the car is there. It is in my view probably the best car on the track today." https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.foxsportsasia.com/formula1/740027/ferrari-driver-error-played-role-title-defeat/amp/

ktu likes this.
  17. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sid,

Serious question.

IS the Mercedes really mechanically faster, or is it just driven by a better pilot, making it faster?

If Alonso was driving the Mercedes, would he be in 1st place in the championship right now? How about Kimmi? Or one of the other drivers from another team. I'm not trying to bust your balls, I'm truly curious. Seem to me that Vettel isn't as good a driver as Hamilton or Bottas, given what he's done this year in terms of screw ups behind the wheel. And his team's management hasn't helped either. When Seb drives a clean race, and the team manages NOT to make a mistake, he wins in the Ferrari. Would he win BETTER in the Mercedes? Certainly, generally, Mercedes manages racing better than Ferrari the last couple years, and that's just as important to winning, right?

Suppose Mercedes team management, and Hamilton got behind the wheel of the Ferrari? How would he fare?

D

ktu likes this.
  18. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I personaly thing the cars a very evenly matched, except for the last couple of races where the Merc has been clearly the faster car. I don't think Elton is ant better then Seb, quite the opposite, but i think The lack of organization inside the Scuderia as taken it's tol on Seb's head. He's more of a racer then Elton, for the good and for the bad, and unfortunatly this as led him to make some mistakes. what happened in germany was bad luck, and it afected him very much because he lost 32 points that day, that as a serious blow in his mind. Of course, a great driver must proove his worth when he's not driving a fast car without oposition, Seb is in a bad place and he must show he can digg his way out of the hole.

19. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    My opinion? Yes, the Mercedes is the better overall package. Their issues at the beginning of the seasons last have been that of fine tuning. Ferrari found their car much easier to set up this year than previously, and of course, we were running to the edge of the regulations, some of which were curtailed following protest by Mercedes!

The Mercedes race management is streets ahead of ferrari. When Seb has won, in the background the team has pretty much stumbled over the line or benefitted from extraordinary situations. Once Mercedes turned the screw, and of course, called in a few favours ala the bespoke tyres, that was it. They understood their car, honed the set up, and their 100% to ours gives them an advantage. So much so that ferrari, if you believe the voices in the factory, have turned down the wick having had to push to the very limit on component life

Ferrari have failed to manage their drivers, Kimi is supposed to be a number two, to everyone but ferrari themselves it seems, as his contract appears to have no specific deference to Seb clauses. Hence, ferrari have failed to make a positive decision to move him aside when necessary, unlike Mercedes who are quite callous and efficient, moving bottles without regard for the media backlash, it’s simply business for them, and bottas hasn’t the contract to be able to fight them unlike Rosberg before

When you look at drover performance, there is no doubt Vettel was a match for Elton when the car was at 100%, and maximised his qualifying. In the race, very often either ferrari dropped the ball, or Seb himself (under pressure to perform given it was our best chance to win since the start of these engine regs) seems to have become more and more desperate as the races pass. He has made unforced and uncharacteristic mistakes - but they are no different to the mistakes made by Elton when battling Rosberg - except that in the intra team battle for Elton and Rosberg, Mercedes simply issue their statement and invariably blame he number two driver (remember they blamed Rosberg when Elton simply drove into the back of him in Spain, was Rosberg supposed to get out the way?, if so, why?)

Alonso would be different in that he doesn’t let anything phase him, he doesn’t care what the team want or think, he would impose his will on them, and Kimi would be told by him to get the **** out the way before the race even started, he wouldn’t be dancing around waiting on ferrari to make a call they always wait too late to make

Alonso is calculating and cunning, I can’t see him making a first lap challenge for the place at Monza for example when he knew the ferrari package was capable of passing the Mercedes. He wouldn’t have banged wheels with Maxine, he’d had waited for the right time.

Seb himself is, as I said, a capable multiple champion , but around him the circumstances are not correct. Elton on the other hand has the team focussed ENTIRELY on him, they have no other purpose than to promote their number one driver - just like ferrari has done with Michael, and just how ferrari should be doing with Seb. As they are not doing so, whether the reason is that they are just incapable, whether they are playing to the media, or whether there is some long game in place, Seb will not be able to win the championship this year (it was over two races ago anyway) or next.

In my opinion, they need a race strategy overhaul that puts in place a more aggressive stance, and they should stop thinking about how they are perceived in having a clear number one, because no one is blaming Mercedes for doing exactly the same

People talk about Sergio death, and did that affect the team. I don’t think so, the job still needs to be done, and while he would have issued directives and orders, they were generated by feedback from the same management team that remains. They are simply not performing at a high enough level. That needs to change quickly

Their best bet is to start hiring and firing to suit, and use the remaining races to develop next years parts and systems. This year is done, congratulate merc and move on. To remain embroiled in the championship ‘fight’ is like bothering to throw your darts when your busy already got his 501. What dos it matter by how much you lost, YOU LOST, that’s it. Big woop, do better next time

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

stavura, fil and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  20. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    #220 TifosiUSA, Oct 12, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    delete

21. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    You are truly getting embarrassing with the MSC hate at this point. Get over it my man.

22. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Par for the course for william. He is very hateful when it comes to MSC.

Was just looking at a video F1 posted on Facebook today of him winning his 6th world championship. Any time there was a hateful comment it was usually coming from an English person. Anyone know what that is? Are they still bitter about Hill in 1994? Or the fact he brought Ferrari back and destroyed every British team and driver for 15 years? Can anyone shed any light?

EDIT: Just read some earlier pages. Done with this thread. Some disgusting posts in here. Peace out.

23. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I think most british fans hate Ferrari because basicly, as Niki puts it, it was us against all of them!!! The fact that Elton got beaten by the Ferraris in 07 was too much for them, after being trounced by shumi all those yeras in a row!!

Jeronimo GTO, stavura, fil and 2 others like this.
  24. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I was a fan of the Scuderia up to Enzo Ferrari's passing, after which the team changed too much for my liking.
    You could say Lauda was the last Ferrari driver I rooted for.
    After that, I switched my interest to McLaren; it was the Prost and Senna era, followed by Hakkinen.

I started loosing interest in Ferrari when they deserted the Endurance Championship in the early 70s , as sportscars and Le Mans were my main interest.
    Porsche replaced Ferrari for me as the team to follow.

kraftwerk and Mark(study) like this.
  25. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Now it all makes sense...... funny, how much time do you spend on the various Porsche forums? For a team you have no interest in, you are here a lot at FerrariChat, and in the F1 section too, not the lemans or endurance ones

Just an observation...... for example, I don’t frequent the Mercedes forums because I don’t have n interest in them, and have no desire to go over and try to convince them they are ****