New Pista Slot | FerrariChat

New Pista Slot

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by tvg, Oct 6, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tvg

tvg Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 9, 2010
    Just received word 5 minutes ago that I'm getting a Pista slot!!!! No details on the timing yet. Great day!

2. Dadr

Dadr Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    Congrats let the decisions begin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Horsin'around

Horsin'around Karting

Jun 14, 2017
    Congratulations!!!

Who do you get the invite from?

The dealer or Ferrari NA?

I was told by my dealer that I have “VIP Status” per the Ferrari website/database. Does this mean anything for getting a piSta allocation?

Thanks for any possible information that might help me secure a pista allocation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

of2worlds likes this.
  4. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    #4 IPO1, Oct 6, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
    Congrats indeed!

Think if one really wants a Pista, it can happen...not a LE car. Ferrari will pump these out, but make buyers feel special and let dealers play games. I was offered one and only bought 1 car from my dealer. With that I passed...but think will be fun car indeed.

LVP488 likes this.
  5. tvg

tvg Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 9, 2010
    Received the invite from the dealer. I don't know exactly how I was ranked or how it happened but I'm in! On a side note, just walked in the door from going to Trump's rally where I got to meet him and get an official picture taken with him which should be sent to me in about a month! Big day!

6. agrun

agrun Formula Junior

May 24, 2009
    FLA
    big day for trump too

Shack likes this.
  7. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    Feel free to read any number of my posts from Pista introduction stating the same thing. It isn't a LE car and allocations come strictly from the dealer. Pistas will be produced until the end of the 488 cycle, which is for another 1.5 years.

Keep in mind Pista pricing has skyrocketed compared to the 458 Speciale, which has some potential owners balking as many don't expect it to hold value as well.

LVP488 and BarryK like this.
  8. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    If your dealer offered you a spot and you passed..why not do others on this site a favor and pass along..(not by saying PM me) which dealer.??
    I am sure many would be very much appreciative of your kindness.
    So, post which dealer offered you a Pista spot and help out your fellow Ferrari fan!
    Simple, painless request...right? No one will ID you when calling the dealer....

9. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    Leaving aside the sarcasm for a moment, what @IPO1 rings true here in Europe. When the Pista was launched, a lot of people expecting to be invited, weren't. After a couple of months of masterful marketing by Ferrari about how in demand/sold out etc this car was, there were a second round of calls to tell them that heaven and earth has been moved to get them the last car for year xxxx. Now we have moved to the"you can have a Pista as long you buy xxxx" stage, soon to be followed by the walk-in allocation phase. Exactly where it's at with the 812.

So as much as I like to think I am "special" because of my allocation, it's just all the feel good factor.

10. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    I am with you. However, he is in the US. Demand 20x supply (if not greater). I had many people ask me how we got our spot...I am positive that he would make someones day to share who his dealer is so they can get a Pista.

of2worlds likes this.
  11. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    This experience is not the same as the UK and I would be pretty surprised if it is true in the US too, though of course, I don’t know. In the UK there was the first round of allocations, then a few ‘squeezed’ in with good justification and lots of persuasion and finally the allocations created by movIng some to Spider. That’s it.

This does not seem different to the picture first communicated by Ferrari.

12. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    Was the 1 car a lusso? Heard from multiple dealers that you have to buy a lusso in order to get a pista. I know some :cool: who have got around that but most have bought atleast a few new/used cars from dealer

13. gef3rd

gef3rd Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 21, 2009
    Palos Verdes Estates
    Full Name:
    George
    I know my dealer would not appreciate a customer posting that they turned down a Pista allocation. That would result in other customers feeling “passed over”. What if multiple “deserving” customers asked for the open allocation. That would put the dealer in an uncomfortable situation. Then there would be the calls from everybody else who saw or heard about the post. I think posting the name of the dealer is not a good idea.

14. agrun

agrun Formula Junior

May 24, 2009
    FLA
    aside from the personal blowback it would cause the person who identifies the dealership where he passed on a slot to encourage others to claim it, its fairly naive to think that you could just walk in to claim your pista based on internet chatter. dealers have a pecking order. you will not jump the shark with that tactic, but may instead be politely shown the door. going forward, the dealer would likely drop the tattler to the bottom of the ladder based on poor judgment alone.

Viperjoe likes this.
  15. m3the01

m3the01 Rookie

Aug 5, 2009
    Hampton, NH
    Depends on dealer and relationship but it is getting easier... I'm in line for my first new ferrari, the 488 successor, and got a surprising call a few weeks back.

16. gef3rd

gef3rd Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 21, 2009
    Palos Verdes Estates
    Full Name:
    George
    I don’t know exactly where I stand in my dealer’s pecking order. Intuitively I understand I’m behind the Ferrari Challenge drivers. I know a few other people I’m behind (and rightfully so) and a few people I’m ahead of. Let’s say my dealer declines my request for a Pista allocation. Subsequently I see another client that I think I’m ahead of posts “I passed on my Pista allocation”. So now I, and maybe a few others, go down to the dealer to see if we can get the allocation. Now the dealer has to placate most, if not all, of us. In addition the dealer may have to field calls from anybody seeing/hearing about this “available allocation”.

I agree that the dealer could drop the “tattler” to the bottom of the ladder. I agree that dealers have pecking orders. The dealers just don’t disclose where you are in the pecking order. The very top guys know who they are. For the rest it is just speculation as to where they stand. Even the top guys, if they stop buying cars, can drop down quickly in the pecking order.

Viperjoe, junc and AClark like this.
  17. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    How do you just hand over an allocation to someone else? If I tried that my dealer would tell us both to kiss off.

Viperjoe likes this.
  18. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    The only thing Ferrari has said officially is that you need to be an existing client to be eligible for a Pista (late Sergio Marchionne's comments in an interview after launch). Everything else is dealer patting himself on the back for getting you an allocation or making you feel lucky you're to be getting one. Like the "sold out" 812, this isn't a limited car, and the next batch of allocations will open down the line. In the UK you can get an 812 for delivery in 18 months provided you have a buying history.

19. AClark

AClark Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    USA
    Even if he disclosed who the dealership is, that dealership would not be able to offer that allocation to someone who “ heard about it on the Internet” unless they just happen to be in that dealerships market. Right?

A

20. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    from what i know, FNA and RACE monitors closely the ordering process thru delivery (checking names etc) ....

not sure you can just hand over your slot......and they'd allow it

21. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Why would you actually need to "hand over" your slot to someone? Couldn't you just order it for them and then give it to them?

Take a "loan" from your friend with the car as the collateral, immediately default and give them the car. Voila.

22. RawCar66

RawCar66 Rookie

Nov 19, 2015
    Anyone turned down a Pista allocation, Please email me at [email protected], I appreciate your kindness.

09Scuderia likes this.
  23. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    Nah, if an allocation is refused, dealer will simply go down to their next customer. Under no circumstances will they entertain a random caller with no history, especially if it's outside their territory.

Ferrari does not commit that resource you mentioned, it would interfere with the dealership being a franchise, which you wouldn't know unless you run a franchised dealership entity. Take the LaFerrari, dealers compiled the list and sent it off to Ferrari, it goes from the down up with regards to customers as that is the responsibility of a dealer, among many others .

AClark likes this.
  24. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    funny, that is not what my buddy says. he just got back from italy for the sp1, sp2 intros...

he happens to own all the hot models as well as multiple Laferraris including his recently delivered aperta

if the overlords have no say - why the need to compile a list and send it up ?

09Scuderia likes this.
  25. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Taking a picture with that clown makes you happy?