For Sale - 1991 348 TB | Page 2 | FerrariChat

For Sale 1991 348 TB

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by zman, Nov 12, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. barada

barada Karting

Jul 12, 2007
    Great looking car! I hope it went to a good home if it sold.

2. zman

zman Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario
    Car just passed emissions again with flying colors and is still available for sale.
    Beautiful color combo with low miles and no mouse track seat-belts found in US destined cars
    Please provide all reasonable offers as would really like to see it go before winter comes

3. zman

zman Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario
    Seriously need the car sold before winter. Please send all offers.

4. dailyferraridriver

dailyferraridriver Formula 3
    Owner

Nov 12, 2010
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I would try Bring a Trailer - they have had good success with Ferrari's recently. GLWS

Erik

gsfent likes this.
  5. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Or list it in US dollars (sounds lower priced). $80k Canadian (last year's listing price) is about $62,000 today in US dollars.

6. Metastable

Metastable Formula Junior

Americans can get some great deals up here, because of the weak Canadian dollar.

7. zman

zman Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario
  8. zman

zman Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario
    58K US has to go

9. nismodrifter

nismodrifter Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2008
    YYC/YVR
    Full Name:
    Navdeep
    Check your pm

10. zman

zman Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario
    57US........
    Winter is just around the corner and would love see this get to a new home before the white stuff falls or else will be placed in storage.

11. Nero Nero

Nero Nero Rookie

Jul 15, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    John
    I have a question for anyone who's imported a car from Canada to the USA. How much would I expect to pay in duties and taxes on 57k car like this very nice 348 TB?

12. Metastable

#37 Metastable, Oct 11, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    Your duty will be 2.5% I believe. Your tax might depend on your state at the time of registration. Note: when I moved to NC there were 3 different guys from Canada and we all ended up importing the vehicles in a different manner. The guy at the import office in Charlotte did not know the laws and was asking for an obsolete dot form. So I found the closest little town dmv.... went for a drive and got the title over there.

However, since this is an older vehicle over 25 years old, your import experience should be much smoother. FYI- I do not know the seller, so please ask him for any specifics.

One more thing, I have imported all sorts of cars and motorcycles from the US into Canada and like I said a couple of cars the other way. Do your research call the import offices more than once just to make sure you get the same story, and do not be afraid. It is not that hard.

13. gbutler

gbutler Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
    It is very easy - I imported a 348 SS for a client a couple of months ago. I picked up the car in an enclosed trailer and had to stop at the border where they inspected the car and then I went inside to go over the paperwork with US customs. There they reviewed my HB-7 form (and there was one other form I had to fill out, can't remember which one it was now), took payment for the 2.5% duty, then they stamped one of my forms indicating the car had passed thru US customs, then I was on my way. After that you just follow your normal state licensing and title requirements.

14. ATLdoghouse

ATLdoghouse Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2016
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Cody L
    You will need the following customs forms filled out and stamped at the border:

CBP Form 7501 (Entry Summary)
    EPA Form 3520-1 (check the box titled "code E" - stating it is 21 years or older - no EPA emission mods required)
    HB-7 (Declaration form - check box 1 - stating it's 25 years or older - no DOT bumper/safety/theft mods required)
    Bill of Sale from the owner on the Title to You.
    Original Title - depending on the country of origin signed by the current owner, and possibly signed in the transfer/sale section by the current owner​

Pay the 2.5% import tax.​

Almost all states require the above forms and documents, plus local state ID/Drivers License and some registration fee and/or tax.

Please note that some countries (e.g. Germany) do not require you to register a car if it will not be driven and only require a bill of sale to the next owner. So if the owners name on the title and bill of sale from them to you does not match, you will need to get all the Bill Of Sales from any previous no-registered/titled owners back to the owners name on the title.

15. Nero Nero

Nero Nero Rookie

Jul 15, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    John
    Thanks for the informative replies. That's very helpful!

16. Metastable

Also in Ontario you can get a UVIP used vehicle information package ..... which is cheap and will show all previous owners in Ontario and if there are any liens on that vehicle. Pretty sure you can get that online these days..... or the seller can get it for you. You need the vin.

Also, there should be a few places you can get a good ppi done in Toronto. Daytona in Woodbridge and Ferrari of Ontario are both well established.

17. zman

zman Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario
    I have the previous forms showing all previous owners. Just pm me if you need info.

18. zc911

zc911 Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2014
    Brampton, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Rob
    hey zman i think you stopped by my place in brampton to see my black on black 348tb
    pm me a price in canadian $$

19. zman

zman Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario
    57K US or 75K Canadian
    This is a very nice 348TB. Runs really well.
    Last call before I store her

20. zman

zman Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario
    Just replaced cat ecu's all works great. only thing left is pass door connector pin for window. operates from driver door
    Took for a drive and what a blast

21. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Bump as there's a "Wanted" ad on Page 1

22. zman

zman Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario
    Car is still for sale. Very easy to import to USA as it's over 25 years old. Car has no automatic seat belts as it's a Canadian spec car.
    Just over 40K (25K miles)
    Make me a serious offer and it's sold.

ILLA NOIZ likes this.
  23. zman

zman Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario
    Car has sold

24. cfensty

cfensty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
    Congrats zman. Been following this for a while so I hope you found the right buyer!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

25. asgor

asgor Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2016
    Virginia, USA
    He totally did :)