What have you done to your Ferrari Today? | Page 70 | FerrariChat

What have you done to your Ferrari Today?

Discussion in '308/328' started by SteveGTB, Feb 5, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jmaienza

jmaienza Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 8, 2009
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Those heater ducts seemed to be made of a vinyl like material over a spiral wire core. On my 78 308, I removed them because they were dirty and had overspray on them. I was able to clean them with a 50/50 solution of Simple Green and water and used a soft bristle brush to very gently scrub them. They returned to their original grey color and I was happy to keep them original. I haven"t found an exact substitute duct yet.

Dino246gt likes this.
  2. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    Ya know, I've removed and cleaned the heater covers and replaced the filters this summer but hadn't planned to address those hoses. I guess while I'm in there.... ;)

3. PreppyRockrChick

Jan 22, 2018
    WNY
    Full Name:
    Jules
    I took out the oil filter mount to be able to switch out the oil pressure sender. NOW, I will modify a tool so that next time round, I can just get the sender out without all the crap I went through yesterday! What were the engineers thinking when building these cars? You have to disassemble like half the engine to get at anything....soooooooooo many hoses and stuff in the way! But, it’s out! Now I can switch the senders out, make a tool for next time, and slap it back in . This was my first major thing that I have had to do since getting the car in May of this year. I am a (Sort of) beginner, so I m patting myself on the back right now! Yaaaaay. 1978 308GTS
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

thorn likes this.
  4. Jroe550

Jroe550 Karting

Sep 10, 2015
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Jason
  5. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I made this tool just for that purpose.

Saabguy, billboboy, Archer911 and 2 others like this.
  6. PreppyRockrChick

Jan 22, 2018
    WNY
    Full Name:
    Jules
    Yours was one of the threads I read! I'm probably going to be making the same thing now that it's out! :)

miketuason likes this.
  7. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Julie, you can probably install an adapter to extend sending unit a little further out to have a better clearance for the wrench.

billboboy and PreppyRockrChick like this.
  8. vaccarella

vaccarella Formula 3

Apr 16, 2011
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I changed the oil today, using a 12v oil pump for the first time rather than dropping from the sump. It was trivially easy, highly recommended.

Tip #1: When you take the filter off, you can suck another 100ml or so from the oil cooler feeder junction. Tip #2 Have the oil is as hot as you dare, especially if it is sthg like a 20/50. Your flow will be much quicker & you're more likely to finish before the pump overheats.

9. lm2504me

lm2504me Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2004
    Nipomo, CA
    Full Name:
    Richard
    miketuason and Archer911 like this.
  10. Fitz

Fitz Karting

Jan 27, 2004
    Amelia Island
    Full Name:
    Frank
    My 308 GTB and I were just in a one of a kind car show. I am one of the founders of this show and with the help of many folks it is truly an outstanding experience for the participants, please open the link below to take a look at the show.

miketuason and Archer911 like this.
  11. Dino246gt

Dino246gt Formula 3

Mar 26, 2007
    Winnipeg, Manitoba,
    Full Name:
    Dennis Ezmerlian
    I went for a nice windows down cruise, yes, on October 18th, in Winnipeg, CANADA!
    It was a record temp. day here in the frozen True North! 23C.

ckone77 and Archer911 like this.
  12. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    Drove it for the first time since 7 Sept... I went on holiday and ended up in hospital getting my appendix out so today was the first time I felt able to drive . I thought it would be hard to start but I just let the fuel pump run until it sounded charged, gave it a bit of choke and 2 tries did the trick! Just a short test drive today (not 100% comfortable due to the twist required for the clutch) but looking forward to at least an hour long drive tomorrow. I love my car!
    PS my friends all agreed I must be really sick when I didn't want to drive my 308!

JuLiTrO and thorn like this.
  13. Archer911

Archer911 Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2016
    New England
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Hoping you and your 308 reach top health soon.

kerrari and Brian A like this.
  14. Ian Bishop

Ian Bishop Karting

Dec 3, 2017
    Changed the oil in my 75 308GT4 today... had bought myself a new tool to remove the oil filter - best thing I've used to do it - so highly recommended. Secondly, rechecked the US owners manual - calls for 9 litres of oil - not 9 quarts - most everyone likely knows this already but in case there's someone out there who benefits from this - a quart is ~5% smaller than a litre so you have to add 9.5 quarts to get to 9 litres...

billboboy likes this.
  15. lm2504me

lm2504me Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2004
    Nipomo, CA
    Full Name:
    Richard
  16. Portofino

Portofino Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2011
    Yorkshire UK / Switzerland/ Liguria ( Italy )
    Full Name:
    Portofino

I have an inspection pit fortunately.So today removed the front underfloor cover .

Cleaned up the cross members / chassis box sections and applied “ kurust “ to any bare metal then a coat of “ Waxoil “

Cleaned and waxoiled the jubilee clips on the coolant pipes and the brake fluids loss senor

There’s a smaller panal further back removed the self tappers and waxoiled the edges all alloy .

The very forward panal forms part of the front dam it too is alloy and takes hits from parking / speed bumps etc .
    Some rivits bust .So I drilled them out and re secured with self tappers .

Then cleaned the inside and out side of the covers ,replaced and waxoiled up .

17. Jroe550

Jroe550 Karting

Sep 10, 2015
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Jason
  18. vaccarella

vaccarella Formula 3

Apr 16, 2011
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Last drive before the first of the season's grit truck runs soils the roads & the clocks turn to darken wonderful sunny afternoons earlier. One of my main headlamps isn't working, so I'll investigate that whilst she dries off in back in the warm garage.

[​IMG]

19. Archer911

Archer911 Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2016
    New England
    Full Name:
    Tim
  20. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia