Wanted - 360 Modena (Coupe) 6 speed/Gated TDF Blue over Cuoio | FerrariChat

Wanted 360 Modena (Coupe) 6 speed/Gated TDF Blue over Cuoio

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by BlueC2, Aug 1, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BlueC2

BlueC2 Rookie

Oct 31, 2007
    Charlottesville, VA
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    After ten years of lurking I am excited to start the hunt for my first F-car. A big thank you to everyone who has participated in this community and contributed to the extensive knowledge base that exists here.

If anyone knows of a car with the following specs I would love to hear about it. I know it will be difficult configuration to find but I have waited 10 years so I can wait until the right car comes available.

Modena (coupe)
    Tour De France Blue
    Cuoio (1st) / Tan (2nd) interior.
    6-Speed Gated Manual
    CS wheels
    CS rear grill (front would be nice but not a must)
    Daytona seats
    Don't care about shields
    Service records.

Thank you in advance for any leads!
    Ryan

2. PFSEX

PFSEX Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2006
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    John Ratto
    that will be like finding a needle in a haystack.

Good luck!

3. fossilfuel

fossilfuel Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2011
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Mark H
  4. BlueC2

BlueC2 Rookie

Oct 31, 2007
    Charlottesville, VA
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Thank you for sharing - a beautiful car no doubt. While this one is not for me these are the exact kind of leads I was hoping to get.

I have been checking here, ebay, autotrader, cars.com and bring a trailer. Am I missing anything?

fossilfuel likes this.
  5. Rmyers360

Rmyers360 Rookie

Feb 24, 2018
    Caledonia, MI
    Full Name:
    Ryan Myers
  6. Bthesixthree

Bthesixthree Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 18, 2013
    CA
    Full Name:
    B
    I know of a TdF Blue withTan Spider (6MT), but... it's a Spider.

Caphill and JSinNOLA like this.
  7. BlueC2

BlueC2 Rookie

Oct 31, 2007
    Charlottesville, VA
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Thanks Guys for the leads. I have had the idea of a gated car stuck in my head for years so will continue searching.

I guess I currently subscribe to Dewinators mentality (from another thread) as I have waited for a long time and plan to own the car for a long time so really want to find the right car.

Thank you all for your help.

Ryan

8. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Yes, Hemmings Motor News

9. BlueC2

BlueC2 Rookie

Oct 31, 2007
    Charlottesville, VA
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Much appreciated. I will add this to the list. It is almost to the point where there needs to be a aggregator of the aggregator sites.

10. Kevin Rev'n

Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    There used to be a couple but they showed cars that had long been sold so it was silly to use them. If I were seriously looking I would also use some of the craigslist search engines but they never really worked for me. There is another way that can work. You get familiar with your local Ferrari dealer if you have one. They can also beat the bushes for you. Of course you will pay but used cars are not as expensive as a new Ferrari. It seems like there are some areas of the country that see more quality used cars and so searching the big Ferrari dealer inventories can be productive. Of course finding all the websites can take a lot of time and that is where the dealer relationship is useful since they are connected. Ferrari of New England, Ferrari of Newport Beach, Ferrari of Beverly Hills, etc.

11. BlueC2

BlueC2 Rookie

Oct 31, 2007
    Charlottesville, VA
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    sampelligrino likes this.
  12. BlueC2

BlueC2 Rookie

Oct 31, 2007
    Charlottesville, VA
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    This is a good suggestion. Where I live in Charlottesville, VA is about 2.5 hrs from Ferrari of Washington DC. I stopped in there last month and they actually have two very nice gated 360 Modenas right now and I was tempted by this one https://www.ferrariofwashington.com/used-Washington+DC-2003-Ferrari-360-Base-ZFFYU51A930131817 The Grigio Titanio looks nice over the Charcoal and it appears in very good shape but wasnt what I had in mind. Also doesn't have service records. This kinds blows my mind as I keep all service records on my run of the mill cars so why someone would not keep them on a Ferrari beats me especially given how selective the secondary market is.

13. Kevin Rev'n

Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Service records are nice to have but don't let a good car slip through if it is in good condition. Good condition is usually easy to determine with a blend of common sense and a keen inspection. Titanio was my first choice when car shopping but there wasn't one available when I was looking! The car is a complete celebration of the metal known as Aluminum! Having such a sexy metal color, like the Ti with the entire presentation of the car to me works.

14. Kevin Rev'n

Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    PSA That Ti car has been there for a while. It was $114,988 back in March.

15. JustinNY

JustinNY Rookie

Nov 28, 2015
    I hunted for the same a year ago. Never found her. You can dream a bit looking at pistonheads.com in the UK where you find TDF blue cars all day long, it seems EU likes blue a lot more than US.

16. pearsonhaus

pearsonhaus Formula 3

Jul 2, 2008
    fossilfuel likes this.
  17. BlueC2

BlueC2 Rookie

Oct 31, 2007
    Charlottesville, VA
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Still looking for a sorted TDF Blue over tan manual coupe. I buggered up the one that just went on BaT last week. Thank you for any leads.

18. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    Don't get too down on missing out on the 360 on BAT. It was a nice example for sure but the mileage was a little high. You will find the right car eventually. Posting what you want here is the best decision you could have made. I bet someone from fchat will reach out to you soon with the perfect car for you.

BlueC2 likes this.
  19. BlueC2

BlueC2 Rookie

Oct 31, 2007
    Charlottesville, VA
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Thank you for the kind words tfazio. First world problems when you don't win the Ferrari auction ;)

20. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    OP-

Have you considered shopping for half your list and doing the rest yourself?

FWIW you can do a top notch interior with all new leather for 15k, and repaint for $20k. You might be able to redye an interior for much less. Just food for thought.

I'm sympathetic to the "perfect spec" position, and if you were able to find a 360 manual in TDF with a black interior or a red 360 manual with Cuoio Daytona seats, it might be worth the cost of redoing the interior or getting new paint in order to have your ideal car. Would likely be much easier to find a car to start with as well.

21. BlueC2

BlueC2 Rookie

Oct 31, 2007
    Charlottesville, VA
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Dave - Thank you for the input. After I made the original post I quickly realized that I am not going to be able to be that picky I just can't figure out how to edit that post. Now the MUST have list is just: Manual, Coupe, TDF over some sort of tan interior. A good number of folks have written with cars they are trying to sell suggesting wrapping it or the like but for now would like to try to find that spec. Seats, shields, wheels are just going to be luck of the draw. Thanks again for your input.

ScottS and davemqv like this.
  22. BlueC2

BlueC2 Rookie

Oct 31, 2007
    Charlottesville, VA
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Bump as I am still in the market for a TDF manual 360 coupe if anyone has one they are looking to sell before winter. Thank you guys for your help.

23. Birdog

Birdog Rookie

Sep 11, 2018
    Full Name:
    BB
    Any luck yet?

24. BlueC2

BlueC2 Rookie

Oct 31, 2007
    Charlottesville, VA
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Thanks for checking in. No luck yet other than that BaT car which in hindsight I probably should have just bought.

Am willing to wait for the right car. Thanks for the help guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk