Potentially adding a 720 to my garage | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Potentially adding a 720 to my garage

Discussion in 'McLarenChat.com' started by SoCal to az, Sep 21, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Update: car gets picked up Saturday in Chicago. Should be at my dealer Monday. Likely pick up Tuesday. Was hoping to have it this weekend but oh well.

iloveferrari likes this.
  2. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Waiting is the worst! Not too far away now and will be worth it. Excited for you.

SoCal to az likes this.
  3. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    At this point, I would have flown out and driven back. It would have been epic.

I picked up a Testarossa from the upper 'P' of Michigan and drove back. Epic drive, Amazing memories. Image Unavailable, Please Login

SoCal to az likes this.
  4. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I thought about it but they kept telling me truck is picking up tomorrow. Well 4 days of that finally found out truck is coming Saturday. By then too late.

Driving would have been fun but no clear bra yet, or anything to protect the car. Better to just ship
    It.

5. FerrariF50lover

FerrariF50lover Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    Its insane that we live in a time where 488's loose a third of their value in a year and McLarens hold their value! What a massive change from the 12C days.

wildkalabaw, Jo Sta7 and SoCal to az like this.
  6. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Just goes to show you, don’t take your position on top for granted. Ferrari has been lazy. Competitors- Mac- have caught up and in some ways surpassed.

wildkalabaw likes this.
  7. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I'm surprised they didn't offer to PPF the car while they had it.

8. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    man, I didnt even think about doing that. oh well, they probably would have over charged me. I go locally to EA Wraps. they do a great job and a great price for me. But dang it- you are right- should have had that done there.

Regardless, its on the truck tomorrow. 48 hours of waiting begins!

9. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David

Wanna know something weird ?
    I actually LIKE the wait !

Something about delayed gratification and the way my brain works.
    Or doesn't work ;)

Congrats on the car.
    A 720 is on my bucket list but... I'll wait :D

BTW your color choice and options are exactly as I'd spec it.
    PM me in a few years.

10. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    you sick bastard you! lol

nothing I can do about it. Car is on the truck now - so few more days. Its just such a beautiful weekend here in AZ. I guess Ill have to suffer with my 488. ha ha

11. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    1st world problem! Just another Saturday in Scottsdale!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

SoCal to az likes this.
  12. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Was at Penske this am. There was a Pagani there. Next level stuff!

13. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Zonda?

14. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Yup

15. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I’m one those total weirdo’s too. I live for the delay. The planning, scheming, dreaming, analyzing, rationalizing, justifying, and waiting are all crucial components of the pageantry for me. I ordered an 812 last fall. Might get it in summer 2019. The waiting is critical to the overall enjoyment of the reward. For me at least that’s true.

Enjoy your new 720S. Someday I will have one too, but it will probably be a while.

IPO1 likes this.
  16. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
  17. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    #117 IPO1, Oct 21, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
    Go drive your 488 a bunch today...because come next week it might be collecting dust for a while.

Is it here yet, is it here yet :D

SoCal to az likes this.
  18. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Still on the truck. Was picked up yesterday. I did the math- it’s 1700 miles assuming the truck goes door to door.
    Legally the driver can o my go 10 hours a day- then he has to take a break for 8 hours.

Assume 60mph- that’s 30 hours of driving- plus 16 hours rest. So 56 hours total.

That puts the truck in Scottsdale sometime Monday evening. Which means Tuesday is pick up day!

So no it’s not here yet. Thanks for rubbing it in. Ha ha!

19. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    Is it coming straight to your home or to the local dealer?

Reason I ask is that one thing I've figured out about the 720s is that the battery drains if the car isn't "locked". When it's at home and locked up then the battery calculator is in line with what is actually happening (ie; fully charged or after it's been driven it shows 45 days. Don't drive it or charge it and 3 days later it shows 42 days).

However, the times when car is not near me or being transported somewhere then the battery is almost always drained out even after 3 days. (usually the transporters do not "lock" the car because the alarms will go off in the transport truck as it is moving).

Just keep an eye on that (car battery charges up fast on its own after it has been driven for a bit (it'll go from 3 days charge left to 45 days after only a 20 minute drive).

SoCal to az likes this.
  20. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    It’s going to dealer. They want to inspect, clean up etc. but ty for heads up.

21. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    If your battery is draining after just 3 days, you have a problem.

22. exoticcardreamer

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    Fully charged is 45 days. It counts down the number of days before battery will die. No issue with the battery. Issue but not really is that if the car isn't locked then it remains awake and starts draining battery at an accelerated pace.

On the track; One has to ensure that parking brake isn't engaged. To do this, the car remains awake. Start it up 1.5 laters and the battery has drained from 45 days to about 32 days. Drive it on track, come back and it says 45 days again.

The main message was that if car isn't "locked" then the battery drains at an accelerated pace.

SoCal to az likes this.
  23. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    So when Parker in the garage lock it?

And does the car come with a trickle charger like the 488?

24. exoticcardreamer

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    yeah, correct. It's these small things that people don't know and learn the hard way (always keep the key fob in the pocket on bottom of the driver's seat. It might not detect it in your pocket if you have too many things in there. If you put anything that has some weight to it on the passenger seat then you will get the message that passenger isn't belted (either take it off the seat or put the passenger seatbelt on ). If car doesn't start then press the brake pedal harder.

Correct. Keep it locked in the garage and there is a trickle charger. Just make sure you tell people who may have it off site to always keep the car locked too or the battery may fully drain. (I've experienced this with transporter and third party shop that was changing my brake pads).

SoCal to az likes this.
  25. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    As long as the key is not in close proximity to the car, (or in it), it will 'sleep'. If the key is close or in the car, it won't. That is the story from my dealer as well as in practice.

exoticcardreamer likes this.