1959 Yearbook question | Page 2 | FerrariChat

1959 Yearbook question

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by Mark Shannon, Oct 14, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    sell sell sell :) :) :)

2. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Good idea. What would you like?

3. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    I have pretty much everything that I want but I started in 1966... ;)

tifoso2728 likes this.
  4. trashidelek!

trashidelek! Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2004
    Even those are not what they once were. Fairly recently Jacques Vaucher sold a very nice '50 yearbook, previously owner by Luigi Chinetti, for $3000. It would appear that the days of these (supposedly) commanding $10k are long gone. Not that I am complaining. Lately, I have been buying copies signed by Enzo and various drivers for what I consider to be attractive prices. What they are or are not worth monetarily means little to me...

375+ and of2worlds like this.
  5. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    FWIW I do own the entire set of original photographs used to produce the original 1959 Yearbook. I bought these original photos from the Italian printing company many years ago. Which basically means I could easily reprint the entire 1959 yearbook. No, I will not do that.

Marcel Massini

tifoso2728 and Ferri like this.
  6. oneshot8541

oneshot8541 Karting
    Sponsor Rossa Subscribed

May 26, 2004
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Chris Miele
    LOL. I hope all is well my friend!

7. John_K_348

John_K_348 F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    John E. Kenney
    Wow, very nice find. Too bad about the non original work but it was done well. There is a chance it may be reversible. The NEDCC up here could give it a distilled water bath and dissolve any PVA glue that was used, if discovered first. Then proceed with the full treatment. A better version would have been the full binding with pockets for the cover sheets or even a neutral Ph archive box, fitted to size enough to let it breathe. As a librarian, this as an interesting item. We have a copy of Forghieri on Ferrari here at work, that got damaged last winter when ice came through the skylight and deposited some snow on the top row of books that I did not see on inspection. Just enough to melt, cockle the pages and run down the spine and warp the boards. Ferrari All the Cars got it too. I replaced them and the damaged ones will likely go home with me once withdrawn. I will steam them, press them with weights and iron what pages I can. The clay pages could prove difficult.

8. Mark Shannon

Mark Shannon Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    Surrey, UK
    Thank you for this input. However the book is from the library of a late customer and is on ebay for sale.