2018 Formula One Season ***Possible Spoilers*** | Page 78 | FerrariChat

2018 Formula One Season ***Possible Spoilers***

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Aircon, Jan 14, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter

We can see from that that Vettel slowed down at A red light....but was it the FIRST red light...that's the question.

2. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    he slowed, and F1 cars NEED some speed to generate downforce to help them steer, and have the car handle. He looked well under control to me

Bas likes this.
  3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    He got a penalty for 6 and 7, where he drove at **** all speed....Where do we draw the line? In the history of pointless penalties, this is up there. It wasn't even during a proper session. He slowed down more than enough. As Steve says...he was completely under control. It's a massive parking lot track, what could have gone wrong? At the speed he was driving he could have spotted a **** hair and parked right in front of it.
    Lewis can cut across the bollards during a race session and receive a slap on the wrist, but Vettel slows down loads in a red flag but ''not enough'', and it's grid penalty and penalty point worthy. It's complete and utter madness. If Vettel/Ferrari had any balls they'd pull out of the event. It's a farce.

daytona355 likes this.
  4. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    I don't think I want to bother watching the race anymore. :(

Jana and Bas like this.
  5. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I have the absolute minimum interest in the sport at this moment. FIA have gone so far to make up terms now to please their Mercedes overlords. They call the wheels ''limited illegality''. It's either illegal or it's not.

They can't measure the holes, so they can't declare them illegal. Basically what mercedes has done is made a lot of holes in their wheel rims, but small enough so they can't be measured. But lets say (for arguments sake) that they need 10 small holes to make up the same size as 1 measurable (= illegal) hole. All they need to do is space them out to the absolute minimum and hey, presto: Free holes, free illegal downforce.

Ferrari should do the same on next years floor. Thousands of tiny holes so that they get a metric **** tonne of downforce, but FIA can't do **** because it's ''limited illegality''. Genius!

FIA/Liberty are bending over backwards to make the Mercedes win the title. After 4 years of Mercedes complete and utter domination, they are not yet finished. They want more. They don't care that the sport is destroyed it seems. Competition is good. Ferrari a little bit too close for comfort? Lets monitor their car and take off their toys (floor that wasn't illegal, additional oil tank that Mercedes somehow knew about and so on). Can't find anything on the monitors? Well lets just ****ing monitor the car permanently and much stricter than any other car. Why? Because mercedes says so.

Mercedes and their drivers doing illegal things? Well, they have to be punished....how about a little warning? That should do the trick.

This is the most farcical championship the FIA have run in a long time. I'm finished with it. This whole mess boils my piss.

daytona355, DMWC and Igor Ound like this.
  6. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Charlie just explained why Vettel was pinged. Sounds reasonable. Vettel is a dill.

kena likes this.
  7. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Still a prick....but Vettel has made him look so good that everyone's forgotten.

8. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
  9. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Won't even bother to watch the race...**** them all, they can shove the cup up elton's ass, i'm pretty sure he'll like it anyway!

daytona355 and Bas like this.
  10. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I can't wait for Leclerc to join Ferrari. That's about the only interesting part of rooting for Ferrari right now

11. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
  12. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    FIA great job at ruining a decent finale to the season. Only thing that rescues it is a failure on eltons car tomorrow.

Ferrari took off all it's singapore upgrades and the car is fast again. What a bunch of idiots.

daytona355 likes this.
  13. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    classy :rolleyes:

14. Horse

Horse Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Bas likes this.
  15. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Hahaha...dear god. Just sack him already. What a ****ing idiot.

16. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Vettel driver of the year :rolleyes:

Ferrari team of the year :rolleyes::rolleyes:

17. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    WHAT A RACE! WHAT A VICTORY FOR KIMI!!!!!

Fantastic day. I'm going to get drunk. Well done Max for outracing elton. 18 to 2nd. Great work.

Vettel you suck.

daytona355 likes this.
  18. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    KIMI :D :D :D

Thanks Max for showing how overrated Lewis is :D

Sack Arrivebene and Vettel.

daytona355 and Bas like this.
  19. Horse

Horse Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Bas likes this.
  20. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Right? Without that amazing engine, gets better results from the back.

Old as **** tyres, gives him a lesson in how to overtake :D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D

daytona355 likes this.
  21. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Incredible.....we all wrote Ferrari off after Lewis stole that cheap pit stop, but look what the outcome was!!! Incredible.

Incredible.
    Lewis missed out on a win.
    Lewis missed out on 5 USA wins in a row.
    Lewis missed out on wrapping up the championship

I was staggered when Lewis had to pit the second time. Ferrari nailed it this time.

Vettel drove AMAZINGLY, as he always can, but he AGAIN managed a big **** up.

Steve355F1, kena and Bas like this.
  22. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Did I say incredible enough?

kena and Bas like this.
  23. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    +1

I'm amazed at the amount of **** ups Vettel has completed this season. I think he has made more this season than Kimi has since his return to F1, 6 years ago.

A BIG thank you goes out to Verstappen, for running Elton wide. That instantly secured victory for Kimi as that battle cost both Verstappen and lewis some time. I feel bad for Ricciardo...again that car breaks down, and that Honda unit seems to improve each time they do something to it. Fingers crossed it's a good engine next year, we need someone to dethrone Lewis. Vettel won't be it, he'll be too busy doing donuts after attempting overtakes on Kimi's Sauber...

24. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    SPEEDCORE likes this.
  25. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    He was in good spirits though. Victory party likely just delayed 1 week ;)