Alonso says Hamilton ''one of the greatest of all time'' | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Alonso says Hamilton ''one of the greatest of all time''

Discussion in 'F1' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Oct 19, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    I am willing to admit such.

showme1946, ktu, Mark(study) and 3 others like this.
  2. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    :D

3. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Hamilton is great and lucky; an impossible combination to beat.

Still don't care for his persona. He's not a man's man driver like Schumacher.

4. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Because it makes both of them look better if they say so.. Hardly unbiased sources....
    Next question?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

daytona355 likes this.
  5. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

#30 SimCity3, Oct 21, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
    According to the stats, yes, one of the best.

He also ranks at Number 1 as the biggest ever Diva.

And I thought Diana Ross was bad....

6. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    The stats are facts. Him being a diva is a opinion.

showme1946, Blackmamba and william like this.
  7. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    To conclude from the stats that he is a goat is also only an opinion ;)

fil, stavura and daytona355 like this.
  8. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

An opinion of many within F1 ;)

fil, stavura and daytona355 like this.
  9. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    As with Schumacher

showme1946, Blackmamba and william like this.
  10. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Really? You just demonstrated that you have no idea what you are discussing Go watch some real races instead of this hybrid procession ****, then you’ll see why you are totally wrong

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

CRG125, fil, Jeronimo GTO and 2 others like this.
  11. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    I can't imagine that people here love Ferrari because of the drivers. I always thought it was because of the cars and the history behind them. No other team, including Williams with Sir Frank nor McLaren with Ron Dennis, has had such a magical beginning from such a legendary figure as Enzo Ferrari. And no other road cars still made today can equal Ferrari's history and status. All the Ferrari drivers were just passing through...it is the car that endures.

So how does all this love of a car become hate for the drivers of other teams? Certainly a man's personality can rub us this way or that, but the pure venom that comes out here towards Hamilton is amazing. What would you all say if he jumped to Ferrari and won two more championships? Certainly the quality of a car is important in F1...but to credit all Hamilton's victories to his car would be to say Stroll would be a winner if he only drove a Mercedes.

It is fair game to criticize a driver for his driving...and we all have drivers we like or dislike for our own reasons. But the rabid hate over Hamilton seems more than unnecessary.

showme1946, Blackmamba, ktu and 4 others like this.
  12. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    This is real racing, don't pick and choose the eras you like because you don't like a driver. Hamilton has won championship in both non hybrid and hybrid era's. Name another driver to do so

13. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Raikkonen won races in a V6, a V8 and a V10, name other driver to do so...
    Schumacher won WDCs in a red and in a green-white-blue car, name other drivers to do so...
    Prost won with a Porsche, a Honda and a Renault engine, name other drivers to do so...
    Lauda won in a V12 and a V6 Turbo, name other drivers to do so....
    Senna might have won in a car that was built monday and one that was built friday, who knows whether any other driver did the same....

You seems to come up with the most useless facts you can find to back up your "point"

NEP, stavura and daytona355 like this.
  14. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Ktu, you didn’t understand my point, which I have to say was expected... I’m not actually all that interested in your opinion that twists and turns only to self serve your cheerleading for Elton.. when you are proven wrong (frequently) you just amend your argument and carry on as if you are some kind of f1 guru..... I’ve spent more time in the actual garages and factory than you’ve spent watching your charge on the tv.

Maybe you should heed my advice, and watch the drivers you insist are nothing compared to your dopey ballerina, and then you’ll see why we on the whole respect him far less than a normal champion. Even button is a better champion than Elton, at least he was respectful of his peers and of the history of f1, and was sensible enough to recognise the enormous part the car played in his crowning. Elton continues even now to dig at the mercedes team that puts the car under him if he doesn’t win in it.

By the way, how come your man is so terrified of Max.... thought Elton was supposed to be the best ever.... Michael in his prime would never have backed down from anyone, whether they were a ****ing lunatic like max, or anyone else. He didn’t get beaten by them either..... unable to pass on newer tyres.... what a prat

stavura likes this.
  15. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Nice and accurate research, but the question was name another driver who has won a championship in both NON hybrid and HYBRID eras

16. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I find it hilarious when they say they are not interested in your posts or opinions ....because it's obvious it's quite the contrary :D

17. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Why??? What is so special winning before and after a regulation change?

18. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    See post 40

19. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Since the Mercedes is the only car capable of winning a championship in the hybrid era, it’s a pointless stat. Why did Elton, the king of everything according to you, get beaten by Rosberg? Regardless of unreliability (which they both had) why did he get best, why was he crying with rage and upset at Mercedes when they wouldn’t order Rosberg to get out of his way? Why was he threatening the team with leaving if he didn’t get preferential treatment - if he was the best, he didn’t need it. Michael was number one, but he never needed that status in reality, the team made orders to get his number two out the way to win the championships early, but he was never under threat from his teammate like Elton was with Rosberg. In fact, if Mercedes had not used team orders on Rosberg in 2014 and 2015, then he could easily have been a three time champion, and Elton only a two time champion now.

I wonder what rubbish you’ll try to tell us to answer this one? Doubt it’ll be insightful, but you go ahead. Tell us how Elton won the title in 2016, but toto painted the wrong numbers on the car hehehehehehehehe.

stavura likes this.
  20. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I don’t care about your previous posts, they are the same old crap.... answer mine for a change with something sensible and provable

21. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Daytona started this by saying the non hybrid era was real racing, so you should ask him

22. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Are you for real? You try to start an argument with someone like Pete, who knows more about f1 than you could possibly imagine, and as soon as he calls you out on how pointless your stats are, you claim someone else started something? Rubbish, pure and simple... I told you to watch the races from Schumacher prime era and tell me what is more exciting, races then, or boring hybrid ******** now. Don’t try to put words in my mouth. Clearly, you only know how to start and exasperatingly continue arguments, but you haven’t a clue about the content and the facts you expound

And as usual of course, you avoid the conversation that would actually be interesting to hear your perspective on...... predictable

23. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Because one does not give up trying to achieve something with reasonable objections...but looking at the current condition of this forum when you are discredited by at least 5 persons as "hater" as soon as you dissagree with the typical chorus of praise it seems to be like fighting the windmills. They seem to have tailwind at the moment but once there will come the lull they will be soon ruins and forgotten...

stavura and daytona355 like this.
  24. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    To be interested would suggest that people think that poster has some insights or knowledge, to consistently prove his opinions and posts are wrong is simply doing the lad a service in correcting his slanted view of f1. He can post what he likes, but if he’s wrong, I try to help him out..

25. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Jeez, i thought my question was easy, but if it takes this long to get a answer, forget about it

showme1946 and Blackmamba like this.