Sold - 1987 328 GTB 68233 | FerrariChat

Sold 1987 328 GTB 68233

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by qedqeq, Apr 24, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. qedqeq

qedqeq Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2015
    #1 qedqeq, Apr 24, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    Hi all,

up for sale is my 1987 328 GTB with 62,000Miles on the ODO. According to a couple of sites, and Furmano's list here, this is the only Nero/Nero combination 87GTB

I have always done my own servicing on all my vehicles and this one is no exception, I absolutely enjoy spinning wrenches myself on all my vehicles.

I have a running log of servicing that I will attach to this thread.

As for the GTB, it has had a couple of areas on the body that was repainted because of rock chips and stuff, but it never has been in an accident or collision.

There was a warranty complete engine replacement back in late eighties, around the 20,000 mile mark, so the engine has 40,000 miles on it. I have the invoices for this work, performed by a dealership in LaJolla Cali.

I have removed the EGR system from the car, because it's plumbing was corroded, and also it has a Cat Bypass as well. Tubi exhaust is installed.

It is Currently located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, but it is an original San Diego LaJolla California Ferrari.

It is great driving condition, and a quite a looker, always get compliments whenever I drive it.

I have lots of pictures of the car and lots of pictures during the servicing as well, click here

I have also spent a lot of time reverting what previous owners attempted to do to the car.

I am asking $80,000US for my 328GTB, but definitely will look at offers.

Many regards, and thank you for looking.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

eyeman1234 and crinoid like this.
  2. qedqeq

qedqeq Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2015
    Hi all,

New asking Price $77000US

Thank you for looking

crinoid likes this.
  3. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Love the 328 GTB! Best of luck with your sale! :)

4. qedqeq

qedqeq Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2015
    Hey, 308Milano, Thank you!!!

Regards

5. qedqeq

qedqeq Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2015
    Hi all,

Quick reminder that my dear 328GTB is still up for sale.

6. BernardBohn

BernardBohn Rookie

Nov 23, 2015
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Bernard
  7. qedqeq

qedqeq Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2015
    Currently registered and insured in Alberta Canada

Regards and thank you for inquiring

BernardBohn likes this.
  8. qedqeq

qedqeq Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2015
    Hi All,

Deal fell through

Must go

Asking $75000US OBO

Definitely Entertaining Offers - Thank you

9. qedqeq

qedqeq Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2015
    Hi All,

Still available

Motivated Seller

10. qedqeq

qedqeq Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2015
    Hi All,

Still available, This GTB really has to go.

11. qedqeq

qedqeq Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2015
    Hi All,

Still available

Motivated Seller, Taking offers.

12. qedqeq

qedqeq Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2015
    Hey

I am dropping the price to 64,500US$

It is breaking my heart, but this GTB really has to go,

Motivated Seller

13. chris1866

chris1866 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 14, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Great deal for an ultra-rare 328GTB!

eyeman1234 likes this.
  14. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Very nice!
    GLWS!

Almost to the 25 year smog equipment exemption in Texas.
    What did the previous owner "try to do"?

Jakuzzi likes this.
  15. dinonz308

dinonz308 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 26, 2017
    Full Name:
    Dean
    It's 31 years old - it's past the 25 mark ;)

16. qedqeq

qedqeq Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2015
    #16 qedqeq, Sep 15, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
    Let me start by saying that a mere mortal being shouldn't be allowed to own or touch one of these precious works of art.

1 - Thought that by chopping up the center console main wiring harness to get the power antennae to work with the power on/off of the Alpine CD player. What ended up happening was that all the switches quit working in the center console, and told me that it must be a blown fuse during the purchase.

2 - since power antennae switch quit working, he bought a Radio Scrap manual pullout antennae (ones that you have to stand there and extend the antennae upwards by hand), and threw away the factory original power antennae.

3 - Buys a new Tubi bypass tube and exhaust kit and proceeds to install it without the right donut gaskets, instead with Pep boys paper gaskets and regular steels nuts and bolts. This in turn now creates a fire hazard because the heat that was coming out of the leaking flanges, and offset the exhaust system to the right passenger side, which in turn makes the exhaust tips rub against and wears out and breaks the rear grill.

4 - Never wonders why the engine bay continues to gunk up with nasty grease as he drove it, because he never realized that the CV boots have cracked and spewing grease everywhere.

5 - replaced broken fuel connector on the gas tank with garden hose mating connector and duct taped it in, and told me that he was proud of that fix.

6 - Never wonders why it is low in engine coolant, Tells me that it is normal for these cars to "eat" engine coolant and to keep it topped up. He showed me that He tops up the engine coolant through the overflow tank which had 6 pinholes in it.

7 - Replaced the passenger side window switch with a blue arrow 308 window switch, trying to fix the slow window, now it stopped working altogether and he gave up. Blue Arrows vs Fire Red Window icon, must have been a completely natural mistake to mix those up (WTF????)

I have done a religous job at correcting all these stupidities with factory parts, yes even the factory power antennae was reinstalled, and factory main wiring harnesses were replaced as well. I have pictures of everything in the main ad.

I am afriad that by writing this, I hope that I don't scare away potential buyers, because she has been treated like a queen in my stead.

Any other chance in my life that I could hang on to her, I would. But I have to say goodbye to her, and it is killing me.

I really hope that I can sell her to another family or person that can treat her like the royalty that she is treated here in my garage.

Regards

JuLiTrO and eyeman1234 like this.
  17. qedqeq

qedqeq Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2015
    Price is $64,500US

18. qedqeq

qedqeq Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2015
    Still available ☹️ needs to go

19. YellowMurci

YellowMurci Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 17, 2005
    NyC Baby!
    Full Name:
    Harry
    Replacing w anything interesting?

20. YellowMurci

YellowMurci Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 17, 2005
    NyC Baby!
    Full Name:
    Harry
  21. mmacfee

mmacfee Rookie

Sep 8, 2011
    Have all previous problems been sorted? Source for ppl near you?

22. Metastable

Metastable Formula Junior

Man - if I had seen this car before buying my gated F430, I probably would have bought this instead. Especially being an Alberta car.... it would have been painless. It looks great.

23. Fabate87

Fabate87 Karting

Feb 16, 2014
    Chicago
    beautiful car and color! Unfortunately that engine change even by factory might make this difficult to sell.

24. jamesgib0056

jamesgib0056 Rookie

Sep 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    James Gibson
  25. qedqeq

qedqeq Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2015
    Hi Still for sale,

Yes, I have been diligently returning to factory all the situations that the previous owners put them in, with an eye to detail during the return.

There is a Ferrari dealership in Calgary, 3 hours away. But there a few high end private shops near me.

She is absolutely drive-able every day.

Regards