FF values. What's going on? | Page 16 | FerrariChat

FF values. What's going on?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by puckybadger, Apr 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. speef

speef Karting

Oct 28, 2011
    Fair enough my friend, I hope you enjoy it any way you use it and I’m glad we are all fortunate enough to be able to have discussions like this ...

otakki and Caeruleus11 like this.
  2. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Same. Ive been dding an e36 m3 which still puts a grin on my face. So i shld go try a 2018 e63? I had an e55 that i really liked years ago and then didnt love the e63 after the 55. Wld like to love an s63.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    100 percent!!!

4. speef

speef Karting

Oct 28, 2011
    The e36 is one of the best cars ever made in my opinion, please never ever ever sell it... are we talking w210 e55? Great car... later years fell short I think, then AMG started to improve, and the SLS was a very good car, still their latest gen is a lot better, I would recommend you give the e63s a try, chances are you will be surprised and re-think everything you thought about AMG (I’m not associated with them, but I like to give credit where credit is due)

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  5. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    I have 3 e36 m3s and an e30 im building...willl never be without those. I think my e55 was an 04. Will try the latest e63!

6. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    I’m 51 & AMG’s do nothing for me.

of2worlds, ScottS and KenU like this.
  7. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    And never will. The idea of not driving my FF daily is perverse. That why they made it.

iloveferrari, G. Pepper and Bundy like this.
  8. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    E36 m3....look at my profile. Love them!
    One of greatest cars made.

Caeruleus11 and BMW.SauberF1Team like this.
  9. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    My 97 E36 M3/4/5 now has a mere 230k miles on her. I rebuild whatever needs it whenever it needs it and keep putting on the miles. Been my DD since 2000 and the best car I've ever owned. Not the most elegant, the fastest, or any number of other things, but all-in-all, the best balance of performance, reliability,and style of its own. White will all black trim and interior. Just has been a great car.

otakki and Caeruleus11 like this.
  10. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I had a red one back in the day with the original tires....think they were MXX3? Can’t recall but they were amazing. Tires went out of production and when I put the next best hipo tires on the handling and incredible grip was lost for good. I’m sure modern tires would eclipse the orig though.

11. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    I have a 98 E36 M3/4/5--BMW Individual Avus Blu with Dove interior--currently 37K miles. It is an alternative daily driver that I'm trying to somewhat preserve. My current daily is a 13 911C4S manual. While the M3 is not as fast, it just is superb and fun. Though not slow, it fits that adage that is is more fun to drive a slow car fast versus a fast car slow. Hard to wind out the 911 (or many other current cars) without getting extra-legal very quickly. That's not as true with the M3--very engaging ride.

12. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    One like urs just went for 19k on bat with 48k miles!

13. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Niceee!! All stock or any mods? Im going to have the top half of the motor built on my sedan

14. ring007

ring007 Karting

Oct 13, 2008
    For those thinking about an FF as a daily driver, you will not be disappointed. I’ve had mine for 3 months and already put 2k miles on it and have loved everyone of them. For $150k+\- best option out there right now.

15. speef

speef Karting

Oct 28, 2011
    Yes

As long as you don’t have to fix anything

FNA is a nightmare to deal with - God help you if something fails and you need support

I’ve had 11 Ferraris over the years, currently 4, support gets worse not better

In April I had a tranny diagnostics issue they couldn’t figure out and they were emailing back and forth to Italy for a week, emails for a week, I have never seen anything like that in my life :) it was laughable - anyway great car the FF, I do drive mine a lot, and they do tend to be pretty reliable, except for a few things I could list but I won’t bore you

otakki and of2worlds like this.
  16. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Mostly all stock. As I've had to rebuild things, I've done some minor upgrades. Dinan Stage 2 on the suspension, just finished a comprehensive brake job including new slotted rotors (not drilled) and 6 pot fronts/4 pot rears. At 230k miles, I'm afraid to mess much with the engine short of a complete teardown and rebuild. I'm sure everything is bedded in and disturbing just a few parts will lead to misfits and a worse situation. I think the motor is at the all or nothing stage.

17. sumitagarwal

sumitagarwal Rookie

Jan 3, 2017
    Definitely expect the FF values to continue to drop further, but longer-term does anyone think they'll climb because they're the first AWD Ferrari? I think one day we may live in a world where the full Ferrari lineup is AWD, and in a sense the FF is Ferrari's Porsche 959.

18. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Id be shocked if they ever appreciate materially

ScottS likes this.
  19. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Ya,all got me thinking. Can anyone tell me what bad to look out for in a FF, are some years preferable to others.

of2worlds likes this.
  20. Cobraownr

Cobraownr Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 6, 2008
    Edgewater, MD
    Full Name:
    Donald Silawsky
    2016 FF, TdF over Cuoio with Blu Medio Alcantara inserts. 39K(!) miles by one owner. All maintenance done by original selling dealer. Pano roof, pit speed (cruise control) (both standard on 2016, I believe), LEDS. No passenger display, no Hi Powered audio, no or very little carbon. I don't have the Monroney but am guessing MSRP was around $345K. Listing by Ferrari dealer went live over the weekend asking $152,900. Sold this (Monday, Oct. 22) afternoon (2-3 days). Sorry, I don't know selling price.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Image Unavailable, Please Login

of2worlds likes this.
  21. Jaguar36

Jaguar36 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2010
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    Was that the car at WideWorld Ferrari? I saw the listing late last week and was waiting for them to put pictures up before giving them a call. Can't believe it sold so fast.
    Love the TdF. Don't like those blue inserts though.

22. Cobraownr

Cobraownr Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 6, 2008
    Edgewater, MD
    Full Name:
    Donald Silawsky
    Yes, the 2016 TdF was at Wide World Ferrari in NY. I was doing the same waiting that you were! I'm guessing the car was pre-sold to a local customer who was advised that it was coming in on trade for a new 4-door Maser. Dealer's rep told me buyer came in Monday morning and wired funds before noon. Seems unlikely that could have happened with someone who first saw the car on the Internet.

of2worlds likes this.
  23. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Photos please.